The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The twins thing seems kinda cliche though and Henry would totally remember having a twin brother.

The thing that actually bothers me, is that things are too similar between the two earths. Pretty much every character that exists on Earth-1, also exists on Earth-2 in some shape or form. But some events did unfold differently. Like both Earths have a Green Arrow/Hood, but on Earth-2 it's Ollie's father who made it to the island. So maybe on Earth-2, Henry's mother brought two healthy boys into the world, while on Earth-1, Henry's brother died, but his parents never told him.

Yeah, I know, now it's getting really convoluted. But honestly, I think it will be convoluted either way. If Wesley Shipp, is the man in the Iron Mask, that means it's Earth-2 Barry's father. But from the phone call, we know his mother and father are still together. So how could he be the man in the mask? Did Barry's parents separate, and he's got a step-father now, which is the person Barry's mother went to Atlantis with? And after the divorce, Henry Allen decided to go by Jay Garrick?

But you know, the latter scenario doesn't seem all that farfetched, because I re-viewed that scene, and Dad is on Barry's phone twice. There's a Speed Dial for Dad, and then Mom & Dad.

1pKGlPv.jpg

That would make sense. I don't know why he would have a separate one for his dad and then one for his mom and dad. Also, why is he still using this old style of phone?

I don't know if we're meant to pay that much attention to the names on the phone though. Bruce, Hal and Diana might just be Easter Eggs as a wink and a nod, but not to be taken that he actually knows the Justice League or that there even is one on Earth 2.

The thing that actually bothers me, is that things are too similar between the two earths. Pretty much every character that exists on Earth-1, also exists on Earth-2 in some shape or form. But some events did unfold differently. Like both Earths have a Green Arrow/Hood, but on Earth-2 it's Ollie's father who made it to the island. So maybe on Earth-2, Henry's mother brought two healthy boys into the world, while on Earth-1, Henry's brother died, but his parents never told him.

Yeah, I know, now it's getting really convoluted. But honestly, I think it will be convoluted either way. If Wesley Shipp, is the man in the Iron Mask, that means it's Earth-2 Barry's father. But from the phone call, we know his mother and father are still together. So how could he be the man in the mask? Did Barry's parents separate, and he's got a step-father now, which is the person Barry's mother went to Atlantis with? And after the divorce, Henry Allen decided to go by Jay Garrick?

But you know, the latter scenario doesn't seem all that farfetched, because I re-viewed that scene, and Dad is on Barry's phone twice. There's a Speed Dial for Dad, and then Mom & Dad.

1pKGlPv.jpg

The impossible is what this show does best so I'm up for anything no matter how convulated it seems as long as it works. Also when Zoom says "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" when referring to the man in the mask, I'm thinking it's definitely Henry Allen.

Yeah, it's definitely Wesley Shipp. Now to see how they'll explain it.

That phone with the two dads is easily explained... 'dad' is Joe, 'Mom & Dad' is Barry's parents

That phone with the two dads is easily explained... 'dad' is Joe, 'Mom & Dad' is Barry's parents

Except that on Earth 2, Barry is not close with Joe at all, and Joe hates him. Would he refer to him as "dad" in that scenario, or just "Joe"? Even on Earth 1, if he married Iris, would he refer to Joe like that where Joe is closer to him?

Oh crap, you're right. Joe is his father-in-law on that Earth.

Except that on Earth 2, Barry is not close with Joe at all, and Joe hates him. Would he refer to him as "dad" in that scenario, or just "Joe"? Even on Earth 1, if he married Iris, would he refer to Joe like that where Joe is closer to him?

Since they're married and share that phone, Iris would've put Joe on there as Dad.

Iris needs to use her own phone. :argh:

Iris...

That doesn't look anything like Katie Cassidy.

1pKGlPv.jpg

Easy. 'MOM & DAD is their house phone. 'DAD' is his dad's work phone. :cwink:

Eff it, just make him E2 Henry Allen's twin brother. Uncle Jay Garrick Allen. The end.

One could be Barry's dad, the other is father-in-law, no? It's not like it says Joe and, presumably, both husband and wife share the same phone.

yep iris calls joe dad .so the phone thing put's that to rest. I do like Nathans theory . killer McQueen said it also. I still rather it be a cousin from Henry mothers side and they have distant cousins especially now that they killed off poor earth 1 Henry. and the whole dc hero always has to be an only child and no blood relatives alive with the exception of him having kids with his love interest get a bit over the top at times so ..

I hope if they don't do the brother thing, it's a cousin that looks like Henry, that actually answer to the name Garrick

Eff it, just make him E2 Henry Allen's twin brother. Uncle Jay Garrick Allen. The end.
damn right , that or a distant cousin that looks like Henry too cause it does happen. c

any way. I so called it from last week that they kill earth 1 Henry.

Last edited:
Mirror Master needs to be the big bad for season 3

anyone else kinda annoyed that no one on the flash acknowledged that a nuke had gone off in a small town on Arrow. I get arrow is kinda crap now but they are connected and a nuke isn't something that should be ignored.

anyone else kinda annoyed that no one on the flash acknowledged that a nuke had gone off in a small town on Arrow. I get arrow is kinda crap now but they are connected and a nuke isn't something that should be ignored.

I don't think this episode was supposed to line up with where Arrow is atm.

No, because I stopped watching Arrow at midseason.

Same here. That's why I'm not looking forward to this big crossover thing. I gave up on Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl. I hope I'm not going to need to watch all of them to be able to keep up with what's happening on this show.

Personally I think this episode of the Flash is directly before Laurel's funeral over in Arrow. Though I have little to no evidence for that.

Currently watching the Flash and Legends. I don't watch Felicity & Friends aka Overwatch aka Nerf Dart anymore, but there is a void in my viewing habits that binging Daredevil can't fix. That's a gritty/noirish crime drama set in superhero land. I'm not betting on Constantine getting picked up with Supergirl's move but any chance of a Question show getting made? There's been several mentions of Hub City in the CWverse.

Currently watching the Flash and Legends. I don't watch Felicity & Friends aka Overwatch aka Nerf Dart anymore, but there is a void in my viewing habits that binging Daredevil can't fix. That's a gritty/noirish crime drama set in superhero land. I'm not betting on Constantine getting picked up with Supergirl's move but any chance of a Question show getting made? There's been several mentions of Hub City in the CWverse.

If there is a Question show, Felicity will help him out with all his conspiracy theories. :o

And Felicity is going to be on the next season of Daredevil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"