The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking DeVoe is one of those villains that's doing (or attempting to do) what he thinks is a lot of bad for, ultimately, a good reason. For reasons unknown to us, he needs the powers of the bus metas to fully establish himself and get his grand scheme underway.

I'm thinking DeVoe is one of those villains that's doing (or attempting to do) what he thinks is a lot of bad for, ultimately, a good reason. For reasons unknown to us, he needs the powers of the bus metas to fully establish himself and get his grand scheme underway.
That's been my understanding too, but I'm not holding my breath on that idea. Because I think it's possible the writers could have changed their minds, forgot or somehow didn't intend that. Though the writers have surprised me this season with how much they've remembered, so it's a toss up for me. I'm hoping this is the case, because it's something we haven't seen for a villain yet and the idea of that caught me by surprise when Devoe said in Therefore I am, that he wants to use his powers to save the world. I hadn't even considered that Thinker could be that kind of villain.

You know who I'd like to see on the Flash?

Paula Marshall

59398adba61b5.image.jpg

She was Iris West in the pilot of the original 1990s Flash series. She also starred in the short-lived series, "Cupid" in 1998.

They need to find a way to get her to guest star. Maybe she can be a love interest of Jay Garrick.

The enlightenment. It might be interesting, but I'm not sure. So far, we seem to still be in what I call step 2 of Devoe's plan: Get bus metas.

But what exactly IS the Enlightenment?

huh... no one made a post after a new episode... i can see why... this is getting really bad lol Flash's new ability is really really ... just bad.

he just called it "Flash time" :funny:

It sucks because the other person who isn't a speedster would get massive whiplash.

I agree. If you're gonna have a 23 episode season, the villain doesn't have to appear in every episode. Even if they do, they don't need a big role.

They should do like Buffy. 22 episode seasons where the big Bad was introduced a few eps into the season and may only show up in 12-16 episodes of which they are only a major part of maybe 8-10 episodes.

We didn't need Savitar or DeVoe in every possible episode.

Legends does 16 episodes in their season, it doesn't matter as long as they keep focus. The filler episodes are hardly important though, 23 is way too long.

Given how boring Devoe and Marlize have become, I say MORE filler eps. We haven't had the usual Barry goes solo this season and being in prison doesn't count.

I don't know, as meh as movie Justice League was, that Flash isn't a moron who can't do a thing without a team spoon-feeding him every second.

Given how boring Devoe and Marlize have become, I say MORE filler eps. We haven't had the usual Barry goes solo this season and being in prison doesn't count.

I don't know, as meh as movie Justice League was, that Flash isn't a moron who can't do a thing without a team spoon-feeding him every second.

Ezra's Flash was even more incompetent

Ezra's Flash was even more incompetent

I would say ezras barry came off more intelligent or atleast the ability to fight crime on his own and hold his own. Both have likes and dislikes but grants does way more stupid stuff and ill chalk that up to it being a 23 episode season where cheap drama has to come from somewhere.

I would say ezras barry came off more intelligent or atleast the ability to fight crime on his own and hold his own. Both have likes and dislikes but grants does way more stupid stuff and ill chalk that up to it being a 23 episode season where cheap drama has to come from somewhere.

Yeah, Ezra is about as much Barry Allen as Grant is, but at least he didn't appear purposefully stupid. You can put his problems on inexperience with Ezra's Flash, he clearly hasn't been doing the hero thing for that long, Grant's Flash is just a moron.

This is a bigger issue then iris, the writers are the main issue the past 2 seasons. Sure iris has given fans here and social media more then enough to pull there hair out lately but the writing has completely pushed barry to the side on his own show to boot. Im here to see the flash take on the big bad like season 1 and experience the world through him, not his team and there side drama. Also why the heck is tom cavanuagh barely on this season.

Okay, Iris is no longer a tabu topic here? What is with those admins? At first they introduce a new rule so they can delete some posts and then they don't give a fxxx a day later?

Anyway, I agree, I want this show to be about the Flash and not Iris or his other little minions. It undermines him as a character that he is always portrayed to as someone who is too stupid to wipe his own ass and can't but rely on his friends to hold his hand every step he does.

I think the huge Iris dislike has its origin because she is one of the main culprits when it comes to making Barry look like an idiot or helpless. I can't speak for others, but that annoys me to no end. It is not Iris's or Patton's fault, it is the writers' fault for writing a show that is pretty much written for teens who they think want nothing but rom-dramedy.

Yeah, Ezra is about as much Barry Allen as Grant is, but at least he didn't appear purposefully stupid. You can put his problems on inexperience with Ezra's Flash, he clearly hasn't been doing the hero thing for that long, Grant's Flash is just a moron.

Not being able to run without falling and a CSI being scared of guns? Oh and tall people and brunch! We can't forget about brunch!

Not being able to run without falling and a CSI being scared of guns? Oh and tall people and brunch! We can't forget about brunch!

I put that more up to the bad attempt of humor of the writers. When it really comes down to it, Ezra is like Grant in that regard, neither of them are anything like Barry Allen actually is. They were turned into laughing stocks because the writers think humor sells, and with Grant it is him being kept mostly incompetent because otherwise they can't really write him since the Flash is too powerful to use him on a TV show with such a limited budget.

Still, comparing both, I would go with Ezra. He is clearly growing into things, and he is not like repeating a mistake for the sixth time or anything.

Also, you do realize that CSI are not carrying weapons, right? I think you're talking about a cop. Ezra's Barry being scared of guns doesn't mean he will be suddenly stop functioning when he is faced with one. I'm scared of guns, doesn't mean I suddenly turn into a statue who is utterly unable to do ****. Seriously, if you think about it, that actually could be a nice plot of story, him overcoming his fear. Or maybe even learning where it comes from.

Regarding the running, Grant's Flash was just as ****** at first, and Ezra's Flash is portrayed more powerful than Grant's, so I guess it is more difficult to get a grasp on his powers due to that? But, that is only speculating on my part. Really, no idea.

I put that more up to the bad attempt of humor of the writers. When it really comes down to it, Ezra is like Grant in that regard, neither of them are anything like Barry Allen actually is. They were turned into laughing stocks because the writers think humor sells, and with Grant it is him being kept mostly incompetent because otherwise they can't really write him since the Flash is too powerful to use him on a TV show with such a limited budget.

Regarding the running, Grant's Flash was just as ****** at first, and Ezra's Flash is portrayed more powerful than Grant's, so I guess it is more difficult to get a grasp on his powers due to that? But, that is only speculating on my part. Really, no idea.

Do you think it's only the budget that limits the writers from writing someone capable and intelligent? I don't think you need a lot of money to depict someone as smart based on the CSI part alone. Grant's Barry, hardly, if ever, uses his brain to solve any conflicts. That was why many of us were ecstatic when we watched "smart" Barry break himself and the others out of prison using his brilliant mind. I was shocked because I'm so used to watching him rely on his team to win all his battles. Of course the team didn't know and Barry was forced to rely on himself.

I loved Ezra's Flash, sure the CGI budget helped make him look cool, but I liked his innocence, he also seemed to be a loner and his lair was make-shift which showcased how smart he was already. I really want to see Grant's Barry at least at an independent level. I was to see Caitlin, Cisco and Barry all fight together like the Justice League. That doesn't undermine Barry's power, he needs a team only where he can't fully give out. Yeah I do think the CGI does cut back what he can do in terms of actual powers, but they can still write him with tact, make him think critically before he acts.

Do you think it's only the budget that limits the writers from writing someone capable and intelligent? I don't think you need a lot of money to depict someone as smart based on the CSI part alone. Grant's Barry, hardly, if ever, uses his brain to solve any conflicts. That was why many of us were ecstatic when we watched "smart" Barry break himself and the others out of prison using his brilliant mind. I was shocked because I'm so used to watching him rely on his team to win all his battles. Of course the team didn't know and Barry was forced to rely on himself.

I loved Ezra's Flash, sure the CGI budget helped make him look cool, but I liked his innocence, he also seemed to be a loner and his lair was make-shift which showcased how smart he was already. I really want to see Grant's Barry at least at an independent level. I was to see Caitlin, Cisco and Barry all fight together like the Justice League. That doesn't undermine Barry's power, he needs a team only where he can't fully give out. Yeah I do think the CGI does cut back what he can do in terms of actual powers, but they can still write him with tact, make him think critically before he acts.

This past week was a good formula and example of when barry should rely on his team and other speedsters for help. It bugs me too because we know jesse has a team and now wally has a team, these speedsters really all dont need teams.

Okay, Iris is no longer a tabu topic here? What is with those admins? At first they introduce a new rule so they can delete some posts and then they don't give a fxxx a day later?
What is with us is that we're not omnipotent and can't see everything that's posted at all times, but thanks for your concern. :yay:

I allowed brief Iris talk in here again when the pic of her in costume came out because that was legit new news for the general discussion, but now we're back to "please take your Iris rants to the Iris thread" mode.

What is with us is that we're not omnipotent and can't see everything that's posted at all times, but thanks for your concern. :yay:

I allowed brief Iris talk in here again when the pic of her in costume came out because that was legit new news for the general discussion, but now we're back to "please take your Iris rants to the Iris thread" mode.

and for the record im attacking the writers not iris as much given the writers to me are the bigger issue with dip in quality.

This past week was a good formula and example of when barry should rely on his team and other speedsters for help. It bugs me too because we know jesse has a team and now wally has a team, these speedsters really all dont need teams.

For what Barry lacks, he does need them occasionally. The Justice League is a team for a reason, they could mirror that.

From re-watching S1 and 2, Barry has always needed a team. He'd be dead without them which is understandable. Give him 10 years and maybe he'll be good on his own but his smarts only get him so far.

But they really need to start focusing on their personal lives again. Give Barry/Joe their job back, let Iris investigate again, show what goes on at Star Labs outside of Team Flash. How does that place run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"