The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving that suit.
It almost has a steampunk style to it- sort of an old, leathery feel like The Rocketeer. It feels very retro and old.

In the first season of Arrow they used the list to create an intriguing mystery and grew out a greater story.

What do you guys think the first season will be about. Possibly finding out the mystery behind his mothers death.

I think with the Green Arrow character, the great thing is, there is a lot of room to work with because he doesn't have that many definitive stories and fans (before someone says the opposite, lets be real, Green Arrow comics don't light the sales chart on fire).

Because of this, I think the creators have a lot more breathing room to do things, such as the story with Merlyn, which I feel was done excellently.

Flash is a lot different. It will be interesting to see what they are able to accomplish.

I'm loving that suit.
It almost has a steampunk style to it- sort of an old, leathery feel like The Rocketeer. It feels very retro and old.

Great minds think alike! I said essentially the same thing in a couple of different posts. Definitely steampunk and similar in style ( though overall they look different ) to The Rocketeer. Above the waist they nailed it apart from the red/gold insignia. I'm also getting a Captain America WWII costume vibe from it.

In the first season of Arrow they used the list to create an intriguing mystery and grew out a greater story.

What do you guys think the first season will be about. Possibly finding out the mystery behind his mothers death.

I think with the Green Arrow character, the great thing is, there is a lot of room to work with because he doesn't have that many definitive stories and fans (before someone says the opposite, lets be real, Green Arrow comics don't light the sales chart on fire).

Because of this, I think the creators have a lot more breathing room to do things, such as the story with Merlyn, which I feel was done excellently.

Flash is a lot different. It will be interesting to see what they are able to accomplish.

I feel like the first season will focus heavily on his mothers death and the possibly Thawne/Reverse Flash as the big bad.

I also think that it'll take a while for Caitlin Snow to turn into Killer Frost given that she might become one of Barry's confidantes alongside Vibe. Some people (including me) speculated that Caitlin Snow's "dead" fiance will also turn out to be Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold.

What I'm sure they'll try to do though is introduce Rogues in separate episodes only to team them up later on in some big even finale. Arrow has already done this with the Suicide Squad.

I have a feeling the pilot will begin with Barry waking up from his coma, then they will flashback to him getting struck by the lightning bolt, and there will be little-to-no-mention of his affiliation with Arrow or Felicity (at least for the time being).

I think we'd find out sooner than later whether or not Arrow and Flash take place in the Cinematic universe:

If Flash takes place before MoS, then Flash and other metahumans should be public knowledge. It'd be weird to that Clark has never approached a public Flash asking if he was also from the same planet.

If the loophole is to make metas a secret, then we can assume that Flash and his metahuman villains remain an urban legend and not a public hero.

On the other hand,

If Flash takes place after MoS, then they should mention the Kryptonian invasion or even the existence of Superman. bad place, they could even have some villains originate from effects of the World Engine kind of like how Agents of SHIELD uses Asgardian/Asgard influenced villains.

If no mention of the Kryptonian invasion of Superman is made during the course of Flash, then we can MAYBE assume that they are from separate universes.

I think the integrative solution is to have Flash meet the Justice League as a person from another universe. I mean that is in his powerset.

I think we'd find out sooner than later whether or not Arrow and Flash take place in the Cinematic universe:

If Flash takes place before MoS, then Flash and other metahumans should be public knowledge. It'd be weird to that Clark has never approached a public Flash asking if he was also from the same planet.

If the loophole is to make metas a secret, then we can assume that Flash and his metahuman villains remain an urban legend and not a public hero.

On the other hand,

If Flash takes place after MoS, then they should mention the Kryptonian invasion or even the existence of Superman. bad place, they could even have some villains originate from effects of the World Engine kind of like how Agents of SHIELD uses Asgardian/Asgard influenced villains.

If no mention of the Kryptonian invasion of Superman is made during the course of Flash, then we can MAYBE assume that they are from separate universes.

I think the integrative solution is to have Flash meet the Justice League as a person from another universe. I mean that is in his powerset.
The Flash tv series will do a lot in terms of exposure for the character. I think that's how this series should work into the MOS universe.

It'll expose a lot of people to the brand, and then by the time A NEW Flash is introduced in BvS or Justice League, he won't need an excessive introduction because the GA will have already been exposed to a different version of the same character for a couple years.

People always suggest that DC go the Marvel route with their movies, but i don't think they need to do that. A separate Flash on tv, unconnected to movie Flash, is still a sufficient introduction to the character.

Although, it would be cool if Arrow and Flash were a part of the MOS cinematic universe, I would rather they keep the tv & film universes separate. I think it would cause more headaches and plot wholes than it would be worth to keep them integrated like AOS and Marvel's cinematic universe.

If we get a JL movie I want to see a new flash and arrow for those films, if those characters are used.

The Flash tv series will do a lot in terms of exposure for the character. I think that's how this series should work into the MOS universe.

It'll expose a lot of people to the brand, and then by the time A NEW Flash is introduced in BvS or Justice League, he won't need an excessive introduction because the GA will have already been exposed to a different version of the same character for a couple years.

People always suggest that DC go the Marvel route with their movies, but i don't think they need to do that. A separate Flash on tv, unconnected to movie Flash, is still a sufficient introduction to the character.

I agree with this. DC does NOT need to do separate standalone films before a huge ensemble film like Marvel did. It's obvious that DC is trying to "rush" their cinematic universe by introducing Batman & WW into a follow up MOS film that is not a sequel, but kind of is.

IMO what would work best for DC if they want to compete (which they kinda sorta do) with Marvel would be to go the LOTR/Hobbit route and shoot either 2 or 3 films back to back. This would allow the actors to work on other projects in the meantime, while still being committed and a part of the DC cinematic universe. Plus this would allow for 5-7 heroes to be introduced while providing ample screen time for each to become familiar with the GA and build a following for standalone films after the initial JL franchise is completed.

LOTR/Hobbit did an amazing job with their characters with as many they had. It's a shame that DC doesn't follow their example.

Could you image a JL film a la LOTR/Hobbit....2.5/3 hour films back to back. That IMO would give Marvel's cinematic-verse a run for their money, especially if they got the actors to sign on for 9 films (Phase 1 trilogy, 3 character standalone films, Phase 2 trilogy).

& Don't say it can't be done because LOTR/Hobbit has proven that it can be.

I agree with this. DC does NOT need to do separate standalone films before a huge ensemble film like Marvel did. It's obvious that DC is trying to "rush" their cinematic universe by introducing Batman & WW into a follow up MOS film that is not a sequel, but kind of is.

IMO what would work best for DC if they want to compete (which they kinda sorta do) with Marvel would be to go the LOTR/Hobbit route and shoot either 2 or 3 films back to back. This would allow the actors to work on other projects in the meantime, while still being committed and a part of the DC cinematic universe. Plus this would allow for 5-7 heroes to be introduced while providing ample screen time for each to become familiar with the GA and build a following for standalone films after the initial JL franchise is completed.

LOTR/Hobbit did an amazing job with their characters with as many they had. It's a shame that DC doesn't follow their example.

Could you image a JL film a la LOTR/Hobbit....2.5/3 hour films back to back. That IMO would give Marvel's cinematic-verse a run for their money, especially if they got the actors to sign on for 9 films (Phase 1 trilogy, 3 character standalone films, Phase 2 trilogy).

& Don't say it can't be done because LOTR/Hobbit has proven that it can be.
That's the perfect plan, and I'm thinking thats the idea behind Batman vs Superman. I think it's not as much a Batman/Superman movie, but more like part 1 of a Justice League film series

That's the perfect plan, and I'm thinking thats the idea behind Batman vs Superman. I think it's not as much a Batman/Superman movie, but more like part 1 of a Justice League film series

I hope that is the case. You never know with these studios and the execs behind them. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up calling this side-quel JL with just Batman, WW and Supes.

I'm also an advocate of separate universes. I really do like the point you make about brand. That if DC was "copying" the Marvel model, then Flash the TV series isn't necessarily their introduction to the Flash character that would team up in Justice League (assuming Flash is in it), but rather the TV series would just create brand exposure.

Even if the Flash series ends up disappointing me, I'll still take it as a consolation if it garners good enough ratings and create more fans of the character.

DRRQdpR.jpg
That's a cool shot, someone add lighting effects like he's charging up for a dash.

DRRQdpR.jpg
That's a cool shot, someone add lighting effects like he's charging up for a dash.

Yeah that's really a good shot. I hope if GG doesn't come back Arrow this season they at least start dropping hints of strange things going on in Central City and sightings of a Red Streak. Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to say " Red Blur" lol

Yeah that's really a good shot. I hope if GG doesn't come back Arrow this season they at least start dropping hints of strange things going on in Central City and sightings of a Red Streak. Sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to say " Red Blur" lol
I definitely wonder how Ollie is going to react to the Barry in the inevitable crossover. Barry is probably going to "Flash" in the lair and almost get an Arrow in his ash before revealing is identity. I'm sure it'll be funny.

Hmm.... I wonder if Ollie could even tag Barry with anything if they were in an actual fight...

I definitely wonder how Ollie is going to react to the Barry in the inevitable crossover. Barry is probably going to "Flash" in the lair and almost get an Arrow in his ash before revealing is identity. I'm sure it'll be funny.

Hmm.... I wonder if Ollie could even tag Barry with anything if they were in an actual fight...

[YT]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps1vxYEMl38[/YT]

Red Streak sounds like a female feminist crime fighter name lol...janeane garofalo perhaps lmbo....

Edit: Longbow there is no video.

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/03/dc-cinematic-universe-entire-timeline.html

Damn cool timeline! :up::up::up:

It incorporates all of the upcoming tv shows, as well as Green Lantern, into the MOS timeline. And even with some of these taken out, it can still work VERY well for others.

18,625 BC - Kryptonian outpost ship crash lands in the Arctic Circle

1,200 BC - Diana Prince/Wonder Woman is born
- Hidden from humans on Themyscira
- Amazons become a Myth

Unknown - Author Curry/Aquaman is Born
- Hidden from humans in Atlantis
- Atlanteans become a Myth

1953 - John Constantine is born in Liverpool, England

1971 - Bruce Wayne/Batman is born

1981 - Bruce Waynes (10) parents are murdered
- Events of Gotham TV Series
-Young James Gordon
- Young Arrow/Gotham Villains appear

1982 - Kal-El is sent to Earth; Clark Kent crash lands in Kansas

1985 - Oliver Queen/Arrow is Born

1988 - Hal Jordan/Green Lantern is Born

1989 - Barry Allen/The Flash is Born

1997 - Jonathan Kent is killed in a Tornado

1998 - Hal Jordan's (10) father Martin Jordan is killed in an Jet accident

2001 - Bruce Wayne/Batman (30) returns from the League of Assassins
- Gotham TV Show ends
- Batman: Year One begins
- Batman is a Myth of Gotham
- Barry Allens (11) mother is Killed

2007 - Queens Gambit goes missing
- Oliver Queen (22) begins 5 years on the Island

2012 - Oliver Queen (27) returns to Starling City
- Events of Arrow TV Series
- Arrow begins his 5 year crusade on Starling City

2013 - Black Canary and other costumed non-powered heroes exist around the world
- Barry Allen comes to Starling City
- Slade Wilson/Super Soldiers exist

2014 - Barry Allen (25) becomes The Flash
- Events of The Flash TV Series
- The Flash is unseen due to his speed

2015 - The alien Invasion of Metropolis
- Events of Man of Steel
- Clark Kent becomes Superman
- Superman (33) is the first superhero to go PUBLIC
- Events of Green Lantern
- Hal Jordan (27) gets his Power Ring; Leaves Earth
- Humans are aware of super powered beings

2016 - Batman (45) learns of other super powered beings identity's
- Events of Batman vs Superman
- Some Superheros become publicity known (The Flash, Green Lantern ect) within their respective cities

2017 - Justice League of America created in the wake of super powered beings
- Events of Justice League
- Bruce Wayne (46) has been Batman for 16 years
- Oliver Queen (32) has been Arrow for 5 years
- Barry Allen (28) has been The Flash for 3 years
- Clark Kent (35) has been Superman for 2 years
- Hal Jordan (29) has been Green Lantern for 2 years
- Aquaman/Wonder Woman Join
- End of Arrow 5 year crusade, Arrow Joins JLA

Yeah, that is a pretty nice timeline. Ages make sense to me. Dang nabbit I wish they would've gotten Anson Mount for Batman, Karl Urban or Josh Brolin....My first and top choice Anson Mount would've been the perfect Batman/Bruce to take over the helm.

Argh...guess I'll have to watch bad place on Wheels to experience Bruce/Batman in the old west.

Last edited:
^ DAMMMMMN. That is beyond perfect.

By the way, Kurt Russell as an older Ben McKenzie would be mindblowing.

He *shouldn't*, not if Barry is at all aware that Ollie is around and attacking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"