The Flash The Flash Season 1 Episode 23: "Fast Enough"

The Black hole was going to happen regardless of Barry changing the past or not.

I swear some of y'all don't even watch the same show I do.

But then how does Flash Gordon defeat Dr. Hans Reinhardt?

Because Reverse Flash had to exist and kill Barry's mother for the events that lead to Eddie shooting himself to occur, Eddie's suicide was influenced entirely by those events and was intentional, so it created a paradox rather than a new timeline.

But if there is no new timeline or Alternate Universe, then Reverse Flash can't go back in time and kill Flash's mom

What was the RF's plan anyway? Killing Barry would have destroyed the future from the newspaper.

What a finale :hrt:

I loved it. That scene with Barry and Nora was just so ****ing heartbreaking, and Eddie [BLACKOUT]killing himself[/BLACKOUT]... Holy ****. I did not see that coming. :wow::wow:

I can't wait for season 2. Holy hell. What a fun TV series.

What was the RF's plan anyway? Killing Barry would have destroyed the future from the newspaper.

It honestly makes 0 sense the more I think about it but I think it goes something like this

Gnomes_plan.png

In all honesty a show should do it's best to stay away from Time travel early in it's run, it's a cheap gimmick full of plotholes and lazy writing

Loved the episode. About the issue of Eddie shooting himself and thus RF not existing, we don't know the consequences of it yet. It took a minute to RF disapear, we don't know if that won't happen to this timeline too.

Last edited:
That was an amazing finale, that scene between Barry and Nora made me cry, and tv and movies never friggin do that to me, one hell of an hour of television.

The one thing the writers are not consistent about is Barry's powers. Barry has time traveled before so he should be faster than Mach 2 by this point.

If it feels like Star Trek, I'm glad it does because I like time travel stuff.

Because Reverse Flash had to exist and kill Barry's mother for the events that lead to Eddie shooting himself to occur, Eddie's suicide was influenced entirely by those events and was intentional, so it created a paradox rather than a new timeline.

That makes no sense to me, but I will take your word for it. So...does that explain why the future was never really changed from Eobard's actions?

So guys, just went back and rewatched the speedforce scenes, there was one really confusing shot. It looks like it's Barry talking to his dad in prison through the prison phone, but if you look closely, Barry's wearing handcuffs. I took a screenshot, not sure how to post it, but it's happening when Wells is explaining what's happening. Any ideas?

Also got a screenshot of, we think, Killer Frost. She has blonde hair, blue lips and whited out eyes but it certainly looks like Caitlyn. If you want I'll post that as well.

This show has fewer plot holes than Arrow, but it still has a bunch. Yet somehow, this has me in tears and yearning for the next season while Arrow has me OK with waiting the 5 months for the next episode.

I'm not even gonna try to explain away some of the nonsense in this episode, I'm just going to ride out this high as long as it lasts.

Victor Garber showcased how fun he can be in a team, which gets me more hyped for Legends.

The only thing I felt was missing was a more compelling reason for Barry to not save his mother, though he seemed so on the fence about it, and he literally said he wanted someone to tell him what to do, then Iris (was it Iris?) told him that he shouldn't wait for someone else to tell him what to do, and that he should just listen to himself (which he technically did) so I can let that slide.

Basically, this show has managed to steamroll all my pedantry under a mountain of feels.

The thing that most got me (and there was a lot) was Eddie. Him getting to be a big goddam hero like that was glorious and heart wrenching and perfect. I really hope there's a way for us to see him again, maybe briefly in a time travel episode, or during the Legends of Tomorrow travels. I'm basically torn, because I love Eddie, but having him come back would hurt that beautiful moment. Argh, I'll just have to wait and see if they treat this well. Here's hoping, because that was amazing.

So guys, just went back and rewatched the speedforce scenes, there was one really confusing shot. It looks like it's Barry talking to his dad in prison through the prison phone, but if you look closely, Barry's wearing handcuffs. I took a screenshot, not sure how to post it, but it's happening when Wells is explaining what's happening. Any ideas?

Maybe to save him Barry slipped his own prints on the knife, Instead of his dad's!

x44zld.png

Although how would that even work?

Yes his initial going back was a bit selfish, although he had the support of those around him to do it. He's done nothing but good for others since he got his powers and this was his one chance to do good for himself and change the main cause of his superherodom, getting his father out of jail.

Once he got to the past and had the encounter with himself he realized that doing this would change everything he's known and he'd be better off in the world he knew, not the world he could create.

Thawne killing himself and in the process Eobard wasn't Barry's fault, they were both heroes and saviors in their own ways. The Black hole was going to happen regardless of Barry changing the past or not.

The point was that they didn't know if Barry would even succeed in getting back the past. He might have changed a lot of lives and deserved to change his own, but the fact is his motive for going back was absolutely selfish. It doesn't matter if he changed his mind when he got there. The initial action was dangerous to the fabric of space and time. The characters did not know the black hoke was going to happen.

That makes no sense to me, but I will take your word for it. So...does that explain why the future was never really changed from Eobard's actions?

Could be a result of how many years were changed, and we don't know what happened to Eobard's original timeline, it could have potentially been destroyed by something similar to what's threatening the current timeline on the show. Time is a confusing thing when it can't be put in a straight line.

Also got a screenshot of, we think, Killer Frost. She has blonde hair, blue lips and whited out eyes but it certainly looks like Caitlyn. If you want I'll post that as well.

That's a great catch on Barry in handcuffs.

I think by that point he did not care. He manipulated Barry, using his mother, to travel through time so he could go home. Once Barry destroyed the time machine, there was no going home. His plan failed and he was in a fit of rage. All he wanted to do was hurt Barry at that point.

Besides, its not like Thawne really cares about preserving the timeline. He was more than prepared to undo Nora's death if it meant getting what he wanted. Just was he was prepared to kill Oliver Queen (despite explicitly stating that the history books said that he died of old age). Thawne doesn't care about preserving the time line or anything along those lines. He kept Barry safe and well because Barry was his means to getting home. Once Barry took that away from him, he was in a state of anger and wanted revenge. In other words, there was no plan.

Loved the episode. About the issue of Eddie shooting himself and thus RF not existing, we don't know the consequences of it yet. It took a minute to RF disapear, whe knows if that won't happen to this timeline too.

That's assuming that Eddie and Eobard Thawne are actually dead. The producers have already confirmed that Cavanaugh will be a regular next season and haven't ruled out bringing Eddie back either. Eddie's body went through the wormhole. We don't know where it will come out or what condition it will come out in. Eddie may very well survive and his shooting himself may have removed RF from that place in time, but not necessarily the timeline. At least that is my guess.

That's assuming that Eddie and Eobard Thawne are actually dead. The producers have already confirmed that Cavanaugh will be a regular next season and haven't ruled out bringing Eddie back either. Eddie's body went through the wormhole. We don't know where it will come out or what condition it will come out in. Eddie may very well survive and his shooting himself may have removed RF from that place in time, but not necessarily the timeline. At least that is my guess.

I agree, my last sentence should have been "we don't know if that won't happen to this timeline too." as, this issues will probably be brought next season. I'm going to edit that last sentence.

:huh::huh::huh:

This was a pretty good finale,and I was with it up to the last ten minutes or so.But I can't help but be a little disappointed that they set up this big "Flashpoint" thing and not follow through on it.

Granted,changing history opens an enormous can of worms. And frankly I'm glad they're not pulling the whole "nothing will ever be the same" card that Arrow did.

But man, all that build up for a whole stinkin' season for this?

I was pretty well shocked at Eddie taking his own life to erase Eobard. I'm wondering if it'll stick or both are coming back. It stinks either way. Eddie doesn't come back & it's the waste of a good character (a la Tommy) or they could force Eobard back into the story after a great send off and possibly mess him up (a la Malcolm).

I liked all the stuff between Barry & Joe. Great scene with Shipp too. Even Iris was pretty great here.

So both Ray Palmer & Dr Stein are both ordained to preform marriages. Who'd have thunk?

Can't help but wonder about Ronnie & Caitlyn's fate from here.

May the Speed Force be with you. :woot:

Jay's helmet. :woot:

Wells & Cisco's scene was great.

Cold was technically in this one,I guess?

I guess, if nothing else Barry got to comfort his mom during her last moments.

I have no idea what this "cliffhanger" is leading to.:huh:

9/10

Couldn't Eddie just have a vasectomy instead?

lol funny because it's true. As I said above this is the problem with time travel, is it usually has lazy writing that doesn't think things out better

Yes his initial going back was a bit selfish, although he had the support of those around him to do it. He's done nothing but good for others since he got his powers and this was his one chance to do good for himself and change the main cause of his superherodom, getting his father out of jail.

Once he got to the past and had the encounter with himself he realized that doing this would change everything he's known and he'd be better off in the world he knew, not the world he could create.

Thawne killing himself and in the process Eobard wasn't Barry's fault, they were both heroes and saviors in their own ways. The Black hole was going to happen regardless of Barry changing the past or not.

Actually wasn't Thawne going back to the future supposed to prevent the black hole? If it was going to happen anyway then Barry should never have gone. You cannot risk destroying the world to save one person no matter who it is.

Anyway by going and doing nothing Barry got the worst of both worlds.

lol funny because it's true. As I said above this is the problem with time travel, is it usually has lazy writing that doesn't think things out better

I know, I was just joking around though. I'm sure, in the moment, he wasn't thinking, "a little snip snip couldn't hurt."

In all seriousness though, is it possible that the two timelines merge and just play out differently? Like when Barry went back in time a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"