The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 15 "King Shark"

You mean to tell me that Hunter Zolomon, the person who is Zoom in the comics is Zoom in show? This is a bigger shock than finding out Eobard Thawn was the Reverse Flash in season 1. Whats next? Bruce Wayne is Batman!? /s :o
So what. It's fine to still be happy or shocked at the reveal. I'd rather enjoy myself than be like that.

Awesome episode, that battle was sick! I think the real Jay is the man in the iron mask.

A mystery that big only ends up going the route of the comics in making Zoom Hunter Zolomon after-all.

That's honestly a shame.

So Zoom is Hunter Zolomon. Man in the iron mask is the real Jay. And the one Zoom killed is either a speed mirage of Zolomon or possibly Edward Clariss AKA The Rival.

I disagree. It felt filler and the end just pissed me off.
VtV1c8D.gif

I think they're twins, in the way that Barry and Malcolm Thawne were twins. They may have been separated at Birth, but Jay doesn't know. So when he sees Earth One Zolomon, he thinks that's his doppelganger, but Zoom thought Jay Garrick on Earth One was his doppelganger. The man in the mask is Earth One Jay.

So is Zoom E3 Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon?

Can anyone answer that? No? Then it's not really a clear cut reveal is it?

Jay and Zolomon have never been the same person in the source and inspired media so it's definitely a reveal for me.

So I'm thinking Zoom,and Jay, split off the Man in the Iron Mask because of Jay's obsession with speed.

I really hope when they start explaining all this, it actually makes sense, and doesn't contradict anything we've seen before or try and take short cuts.

So I'm thinking Zoom,and Jay, split off the Man in the Iron Mask because of Jay's obsession with speed.
But how do you explain Earth One Zolomon?

We essentially have Teddy Sears playing four characters if they're all separate characters.

I did give the writers too much credit.

What a waste.

How is this... Jay from the future is Zoom. Zoom just killed his past self. Timeline hasn't collapsed because he is going to find a way to revive present Jay. Jay will, through a combination of the process and the V-9 in his system, become a "speed force" junkie and/or require it to live.

Complete side note: Next episode is in 4 weeks, so they definitely left us with quite the tease. I fully expect **** to get real when they return.

But how do you explain Earth One Zolomon?

We essentially have Teddy Sears playing four characters if they're all separate characters.

Zolomon can still be from Earth one if the man in the iron mask is still Jay or Edward Clarice.

So ooooooooo many people with Jay's face.

Omg! What an awesome episode. Sucks we have to wait 4 weeks for the next one. Killer Shark was sick and seeing the Flash run in water will never get old...and that ending!

It seems like they are doing the Cobalt Blue thing with Zoom.

Earth 2 Jay could not find Earth 1 Jay because Zoom has him. He probably knew that Jay would go looking for him in an attempt to get his speed back. Earth 1 Hunter Zolomon was adopted like Jay said. (Maybe mother Zolomon lost her child like mother Thawne did in the comics, and the doctor gave the Zolomons one of the Jay Garrick babies. Who knows.)

Earth 2 Hunter Zolomon is Jay's twin that he never knew about. Like Cobalt Blue, he found out his twin brother became the Flash, and became obsessed with not only stopping him, but obsessed with Speed as well.

I also can't believe how big king shark is. I mean he's freaking humongous

So you're saying (assuming Jay and Zolomon are twins):

Earth-1 Jay: Man in the Mask
Earth-1 Zolomon: Seen on Earth
Earth-2 Jay: Dead
Earth-2 Zolomon: Zoom

Is that what I'm hearing here? Whoa...

Maybe it's something I missed but how does the Flash's team pay for that lab and the equipment?

I'm pretty sure S.T.A.R. lab is self sustaining with contracts and all. Even after the particle accelerator mishap.

Kay I'm lost...though it wouldn't make sense to me if Jay Garrick was Zoom the whole time. For that reason, Team Flash would have to go paranoid.

But what is this? The real Jay Garrick was murdered by Zoom right? And Zoom has Garrick's face...

Kay I'm lost...though it wouldn't make sense to me if Jay Garrick was Zoom the whole time. For that reason, Team Flash would have to go paranoid.

But what is this? The real Jay Garrick was murdered by Zoom right? And Zoom has Garrick's face...
we suspect the real Jay from earth 2 is the man in the iron mask. the one that has been with the starlabs team was a fake cause he was caught with his lying about how he lost his speed via coming through the breach.

But he still convince Caitlin he was a good person and then he said he lost his speed to zoom and then later he said he lost his powers to the drug velocity 6 and he was saying it was all earth 2 well fault but earth 2 dr.well never invented velocity 6 he was trying to recreate it though for barry and he's not a biochemists . and then he showed us hunter Zoloman of earth 1 which he said was that earth jay but he was adopted by the Zoloman's as a child and his name was changed and that earth hunter wasn't mutated by the particle accelerator.

so the cure for the damage of the velocity 6 serum caitlin was looking for couldn't be found through earth one Hunter zolomon and then with escape from earth 2. we met the man in the iron mask which made clear to us the fans and comic and gamer news outlets(that latter of which love the flash) that jay Garrick that has been with the star labs team isn't who he claims to be and there as also the body of the man in the iron mask that has a birth mark on jay's neck .

the point is till now the only clue as of last week was the jay that was at strlabs wasn't who he claimed to be and he might be anacomplice / partner of zoom. who he was still has yet to be revealed.

But zoom to night just revealed his face and the question now is is he a jay from another earth besides earth 2 .If so which one?

And who is the one he just brought to his lair that was posing as Jay at earth 1c star labs?

Or are Zoom and the fake Jay he just brought home to his lair , are they people with other face's but because of earth 2 being advance with their technology did they do the same thing as eobard when he stole Real earth one dr.wells and just stole earth 2 Jay Garrick's looks and locked him up while they both impersonated him?

Great episode.

So are the comics canon or not? Because I walked into this episode remembering someone saying that King Shark was either in the Flash or Arrow comics. So, I assumed this dude was Earth 1 version.

EDIT: Yeah, this guy was in the comics.

Last edited:
It would seriously ruin the whole idea of having Jay Garrick on the show and seem like a waste. Like so much for the "Coming" scene in episode 2 where Barry and Jay team up, or the two scenes where Jay Garrick's Flash suited up to face off a villain and save people from a collasping building---when it was all fake, not the real Jay Garrick I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"