The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 19 "Back to Normal"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
S2-E19 Back To Normal

WELLS IS ATTACKED BY DC COMICS’ CHARACTER GRIFFIN GREY – A meta-human with super strength named Griffin Grey (guest star Haig Sutherland) mistakes Harry for Earth-1 Harrison Wells and kidnaps him, demanding that Wells cure him from his current condition. Realizing another brilliant Wells could help track Griffin’s location, Barry asks Jesse to help. Meanwhile, Wally corners Joe about The Flash. John Showalter directed the episode written by Brooke Roberts & Katherine Walczak

Extended Promo
[YT]/watch?v=5Zq8iflTa4c[/YT]

Last edited:
Sounds like a bit of a filler episode.

And if Wally suspects Barry is the Flash (because he didn't see him there at Star Labs when everyone else was there), conveniently Barry has lost his speed so he won't be able to display any powers for Wally to see.

Damn them for killing off Killer Frost, she is actually enjoyable!

I agree, but the way they did it was awesome. Zoom hasn't had a scene that awesome since he caught Barry's lightning and hurled it back at him.

I thought it was a pretty decent episode actually. Griffin Gray's health problem was quite sad, and I liked watching Caitlin meet Killer Frost.

I still feel like Zoom's ruined now that we know Jay is behind the mask.

[BLACKOUT]About time they finally try to recreate what gave Barry his powers in the first place[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Always thought should have done this when Barry wasn't fast enough
[/BLACKOUT]

^It's plainly a drastic solution; not something you'd consider outside of an emergency.

Well, there will be consequences obviously.

If Laurel was still alive it would've made the perfect opportunity to make her into a meta.

^It's plainly a drastic solution; not something you'd consider outside of an emergency.

I know but I thought since Zoom has beaten them in every time, I would think they would have use option sooner.

It just feels too little too late situation there in right but I know they will beat somehow beat Zoom in the end

I wonder if the accelerator will give Wally and Jesse their speed of if they will wait until Season 3 for those two.

I still feel like Zoom's ruined now that we know Jay is behind the mask.
Agreed. Not totally ruined but the aura is gone. I wonder if they should have waited to unmask Zoom until they rescued the man in the mask who is the Real Jay Garrick.

I wonder if the accelerator will give Wally and Jesse their speed of if they will wait until Season 3 for those two.

No better time. Though it should go beyond Central City this time.

Agreed. Not totally ruined but the aura is gone. I wonder if they should have waited to unmask Zoom until they rescued the man in the mask who is the Real Jay Garrick.

Henry Allen should've been Zoom. I'll bet that actor can project menace with or without a mask.

oh I saw it coming after what happened to reverb and that was bad idea on zoom part when they close the breach's the first time and that was how he was able to make them inthe first place. yet he still killed him zoom's both weird and not bright at times . but like he said he had no need for her any more.

what I'm worried about is now earth 2 dr.well is planning on a second accelerator explosion. and I knew there was always one gonna happen and look at who won't be there to become a meta along with barry AND WALLY AND MORE PEOPLE. that's right no laurel lance to become a meta human. That's who. Guggenheim, "oh she'll be made, cool with meta powers, "I can't have that " , I have to kill her this season" LAUREL IN THE GRAVE.

anyway on a more interesting note they had that villain of the week turn normal but they didn't state if he was dead or not. so...

this is why I want a medical examiner on that show .oh and Caitlin might have a brother her mother is hiding from her.

Last edited:
so they are gonna pull a flashpoint then it seems just not as brutal lol
[YT]OJ1lqBzw7c4[/YT]

That music that they have played the last like 2 episodes now with zoom and him being crazy is pretty creepy. The part when he ran so fast he fasced though Catlin was sick! Harry and the thing about his wife towards the end when he was talking to his daughter about trying to make sure nothing would happened to her was really a tuching moment. I liked Wally in this episode and that is like the first time I have ever felt that way before lol and I thought they where going to left him know that Barry was the flash. Did any one else think that was going to happened? So what Catlin said got zoom to want to go and take over earth 1 now. So does that mean we are going to have zoom back and some sort of fight with him and Barry next episode? I think Barry is going to get his powers back next episode based of the preview. I also thought we where going to find out who the man in the mask was for a minute. So with making a accelarater next week to get Barry back his powers I would think they are making it a small one they can control or something because you don't want to have other people be effected to like before.

Nice seeing two Danielle's:ilv:, other than that, the episode was very Smallvillian with its freak of the week.

I really liked the episode.
The idiocy of actual Hunter actually loving Caitlin of Earth 1 is carried on.
Killer and Caitlin moments of comparing notes is pretty interesting, I liked it, wish Frost didn't try to kill Snow.
Why is Hunter's lightning still blue? I thought for sure show writers wanted us to believe blue lightning means a dying speedster.
I hope they take this chance to make Wally become a new Flash, about time we have another good speedster in this show, what's with us being cheated out of Jay Garrick.

This old-age makeup looked pretty good, imho.
Way better then Guy Pearce's Weyland in Prometheus.

Good episode for me that felt a bit like the calm before the storm.

I really enjoyed this episode, despite it being focused around the cliche of "a superhero is still a hero without his powers/abilities".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"