The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 12 "Untouchable"

Okay, so I've been wondering why Barry seems to have forgotten he's got the ability to vibrate through matter, or at least rarely does it. Guess he was listening because this episode is all about the phasing.

I find it weird how Wally is nearly as fast as Barry without any of the **** that Barry's had to endure in order to get that fast. Maybe "weird " was the wrong word, but it doesn't quite feel right.

All in all a good episode - as far as "meta of the week" episodes go. IMO Felton was the best thing about it, hope they keep him around. 8/10

I find it weird how Wally is nearly as fast as Barry without any of the **** that Barry's had to endure in order to get that fast. Maybe "weird " was the wrong word, but it doesn't quite feel right.

How do you know that Wally didn't have to get through a lot of issues becoming Kid Flash in Flashpoint? ;) They didn't tell and we didn't see it.
That's one point. The other is... last season was all about Barry coming to terms with hisself. After leaving the speedforce he was way faster than before (they only said sth. about Zoom was 3 times faster).
Now what about Wally having no mental brakes? ;)

Give this dude his moments. But imho there's no need for sth. like jealousy or that he could steal the show. He is a good addition and a sidekick that is nearly the same. This was needed to create possible dynamics between the speedsters and their foes.
Think about Barry having to wait all the time until Wally catches up. ;)
This show will stay "The Flash" series.

But I can imagine using Wally in LoT season 3, for example. Kid Flash vs Reverse Flash wouldn't be a bad thing. :)

Last edited:
I liked the episode. The whole blood thing was kinda odd.

That moment of telling Joe West about the future Barry witnessed is my favorite this season offered so far.

About the numerous inconsistencies this episode alone offered, I'll just can it.

This was one of my favorite episode of the season. From the opening scene of The race to Jesse quick revealing the return of Grodd. I thought Jesse L. Martin in that scene was amazing and it was a wonderful pay off. I don't mind the secrets when it pays off like that in the end.

Love the show, but Barry.. THE Flash, getting shown up by speedster after speedster is getting old.

When Barry and Wally raced, shouldn't Barry have smoked him? Compared to other speedsters in the show, he hasn't been much

I agree with you totally, the continuity is lacking in the show and i can understand a villain being a challenge to barry but when it comes to being the flash she should be able to easily beat wally or jessie for that matter in a race.

some others on here have said well barry can do more tricks than wally, thats irrelevant and has nothing to do with being called "the fastest man alive".

Being the fastest means you can run faster than others, no reason why wally or jessie should even be neck and neck with barry, as i said he should be easily able to smoke them in a race.

How crappy does it look that barry had all the knowledge/training from zoom, wells/thawne, and bonded with his own powers the speedforce and communicated with it....

the speed numbers don't jive either, because if you take into consideration zoom he was already like 4x faster than barry, then he took barry's speed, then barry gets his powers back by doing so bonding with the speedforce, then races zoom where there neck and neck and barry actually in my opinion edges him so would be faster than zoom.

then recently wally isn't even doing mach 3 yet, so you take whatever speed zoom was capable of doing and consider that barry raced him and beat him which means he went slightly faster than zoom could, and now in this episode wally and barry are pretty much neck in neck and wally may have won if they both phased through that wall...at the end of the day things don't match up, barry essentially should've been at the finish line before wally could blink.

if barry is suppose to be the fastest man alive and claim that title and was the chosen one by the speedforce to be the flash, and you have others having this raw talent or advantage to be just as fast as barry without half the effort/practice it kind of makes the shows hero look weak.

The only good thing about this episode is that barry phased the whole train with people on it, something that shows he is a powerful speedster but when it comes to moving fast thats the reason he's called the flash, the least the writers could do is have another episode maybe the last one in the season where they race again and barry destroys wally, and tells him that the other races he was going easy on him because he didn't want to discourage wally from improving.

i just don't think the race should've been that close because if you take the phasing out of the equation wally very well could've won which makes barry look less of the hero or star of the show in my opinion.

Last edited:
You people are forgetting that when Wally was put through Alchemy's cocoon he inherited all the power of Flashpoint Wally. It was basically a cheat for him. Had Wally developed his powers naturally he'd be as fast as Barry was in season 1.

But apparently everything is a dick measuring contest on the internet. Barry is "my Flash" too even though I'm also a Wally fan. I don't see the point in being mad that one is faster than the other. It could very well end up that Wally is about to plateau in speed, but for the time being he is faster. On the flipside Barry will steadily continue getting faster and eventually eclipse Wally. Or they both will keep getting faster since "steel sharpens steel".

I agree with you totally, the continuity is lacking in the show and i can understand a villain being a challenge to barry but when it comes to being the flash she should be able to easily beat wally or jessie for that matter in a race.

some others on here have said well barry can do more tricks than wally, thats irrelevant and has nothing to do with being called "the fastest man alive".

Being the fastest means you can run faster than others, no reason why wally or jessie should even be neck and neck with barry, as i said he should be easily able to smoke them in a race.

How crappy does it look that barry had all the knowledge/training from zoom, wells/thawne, and bonded with his own powers the speedforce and communicated with it....

the speed numbers don't jive either, because if you take into consideration zoom he was already like 4x faster than barry, then he took barry's speed, then barry gets his powers back by doing so bonding with the speedforce, then races zoom where there neck and neck and barry actually in my opinion edges him so would be faster than zoom.

then recently wally isn't even doing mach 3 yet, so you take whatever speed zoom was capable of doing and consider that barry raced him and beat him which means he went slightly faster than zoom could, and now in this episode wally and barry are pretty much neck in neck and wally may have won if they both phased through that wall...at the end of the day things don't match up, barry essentially should've been at the finish line before wally could blink.

if barry is suppose to be the fastest man alive and claim that title and was the chosen one by the speedforce to be the flash, and you have others having this raw talent or advantage to be just as fast as barry without half the effort/practice it kind of makes the shows hero look weak.

The only good thing about this episode is that barry phased the whole train with people on it, something that shows he is a powerful speedster but when it comes to moving fast thats the reason he's called the flash, the least the writers could do is have another episode maybe the last one in the season where they race again and barry destroys wally, and tells him that the other races he was going easy on him because he didn't want to discourage wally from improving.

i just don't think the race should've been that close because if you take the phasing out of the equation wally very well could've won which makes barry look less of the hero or star of the show in my opinion.

He could have been schooling him to make the phasing point. Barry used the coffee shop as basically a training exercise for wally. Everyone betted against wells. Would indicate they made the same assumptions you are making.

Originally Posted by jaqua99
Love the show, but Barry.. THE Flash, getting shown up by speedster after speedster is getting old.

When Barry and Wally raced, shouldn't Barry have smoked him? Compared to other speedsters in the show, he hasn't been much

ok I caught the rest of what you said but I only cutting this short cause I don't want this to be a long post.

sadly flash point bot you and jaqua99 missed the point of that barry was teaching wally. yes he used a race.

the point of this race wasn't to beat wally and grand do what james olsin doing onb super to inflate his own personal ego cause he wnt to keep the title of fastest man alive. No the point of this lession was to teach wally to phase fist formost. barry had to learn through trialk by fire. barry is teaching wally as fast as possible in the short month befor savitar returns .

and the actual goal over all is to teach wally everything barry himself knows so they can both hold savitar to a stand still since he more powerful a speedster then all the other flash's that are on that side of good that barry knows of that can face in one on one combat.

barry want it to be a tag team fight on one cause one on won't work with savitar.

again this whole race was set up in way that large bulding was in wally way so he can lear to phase. and the more important goal was irs barry doesn't give a damn about the tilte right now . his goal was teach and to save iris.

I know you two are smart people but need to see what the lession and goal was inthis episode. and leave the hang up and projection out the door. cause what I'm picking up here may something mopre about bad case of sibling rivalry of the older person must always win.

and for barry to weirdly say "wally know your place and you'll be good or as bad ass as me. "

which what jame olsin is kind pushing on super girl right now and he should n't this ego tripping probelm and alot of the fan base are ready to send his character packing.

You people are forgetting that when Wally was put through Alchemy's cocoon he inherited all the power of Flashpoint Wally. It was basically a cheat for him. Had Wally developed his powers naturally he'd be as fast as Barry was in season 1.

But apparently everything is a dick measuring contest on the internet. Barry is "my Flash" too even though I'm also a Wally fan. I don't see the point in being mad that one is faster than the other. It could very well end up that Wally is about to plateau in speed, but for the time being he is faster. On the flipside Barry will steadily continue getting faster and eventually eclipse Wally. Or they both will keep getting faster since "steel sharpens steel".

He could have been schooling him to make the phasing point. Barry used the coffee shop as basically a training exercise for wally. Everyone betted against wells. Would indicate they made the same assumptions you are making.

ok now you two Black lantern and just one thing you under stood the lesson Barry was teaching wally the entire episode was about barry teaching wally how to phase . the race was secondary and it was about who won or who's fastest . the lesson plan was to phase and the absolute goal was to still save iris when savitar comes back.

so you picked up on this week's lesson and I'm proud of you two both. flashpo1nt and jaqua99 I'll say it again I think your both smart people as well but you need to look past this thing hang up about some like barry who's older showing wally and grandstanding . or barry will be out the door do the fan base wanting when he starts doing what james Olson on super girl cause that personality is terrible.

and the point of the race with Barry leading wally to that building was for wally to phase . the race and winning was an after thought. it was important in Barry's lesson plan. and you should bother about the star labs team bets . stop letting that junk get to ya. that was the point of the lesson or over all goal .

Usually I don't complain but
1) Iris was trying to die last week, and now she is scared to death, hm.
2) Julian's prob gonna die, thanks to Caitlin, who likes to date/hunt new characters, it's becoming a trend now.
3) I was expecting Flash to actually help Kid Flash, or tell him to run, like if he messed up then he's a mummy, and KF would try to take the villain himself, but Barry just told him to go solo, while cruising in the train.

Sorry for the complaints but I prob enjoy the serial story telling before the break than all the forced drama this week, love what they are doing with Legends and RF though

2) Julian's prob gonna die, thanks to Caitlin, who likes to date/hunt new characters, it's becoming a trend now.
Albert Desmond survived years after the death of Barry Allen, he's one of the characters comic writers refused to kill, so I have my doubt of seeing Al killed in the show.

3) I was expecting Flash to actually help Kid Flash, or tell him to run, like if he messed up then he's a mummy, and KF would try to take the villain himself, but Barry just told him to go solo, while cruising in the train.
I actually liked it, BA was right in what he said, and the moment felt more organic than nonsensical.

ok I caught the rest of what you said but I only cutting this short cause I don't want this to be a long post.

sadly flash point bot you and jaqua99 missed the point of that barry was teaching wally. yes he used a race.

the point of this race wasn't to beat wally and grand do what james olsin doing onb super to inflate his own personal ego cause he wnt to keep the title of fastest man alive. No the point of this lession was to teach wally to phase fist formost. barry had to learn through trialk by fire. barry is teaching wally as fast as possible in the short month befor savitar returns .

and the actual goal over all is to teach wally everything barry himself knows so they can both hold savitar to a stand still since he more powerful a speedster then all the other flash's that are on that side of good that barry knows of that can face in one on one combat.

barry want it to be a tag team fight on one cause one on won't work with savitar.

again this whole race was set up in way that large bulding was in wally way so he can lear to phase. and the more important goal was irs barry doesn't give a damn about the tilte right now . his goal was teach and to save iris.

I know you two are smart people but need to see what the lession and goal was inthis episode. and leave the hang up and projection out the door. cause what I'm picking up here may something mopre about bad case of sibling rivalry of the older person must always win.

and for barry to weirdly say "wally know your place and you'll be good or as bad ass as me. "

which what jame olsin is kind pushing on super girl right now and he should n't this ego tripping probelm and alot of the fan base are ready to send his character packing.

ok now you two Black lantern and just one thing you under stood the lesson Barry was teaching wally the entire episode was about barry teaching wally how to phase . the race was secondary and it was about who won or who's fastest . the lesson plan was to phase and the absolute goal was to still save iris when savitar comes back.

so you picked up on this week's lesson and I'm proud of you two both. flashpo1nt and jaqua99 I'll say it again I think your both smart people as well but you need to look past this thing hang up about some like barry who's older showing wally and grandstanding . or barry will be out the door do the fan base wanting when he starts doing what james Olson on super girl cause that personality is terrible.

and the point of the race with Barry leading wally to that building was for wally to phase . the race and winning was an after thought. it was important in Barry's lesson plan. and you should bother about the star labs team bets . stop letting that junk get to ya. that was the point of the lesson or over all goal .

great points, and no i knew the point of the race was more of a lesson on phasing, in other words the race felt staged in the sense that barry knew he would win based on like you said the lesson being on the ability to phase not about who's faster.

maybe i just felt barry would school him but its more about teaching not a friendly race on who's faster so ofcourse for all we know barry could've been easily holding back without us knowing.

and just a side note barry and wally both raced to get to the train at the same time and barry had to wait for wally to get there, don't think its been the first time this has happened could also be a sign that barry is obviously faster when he wants or pushes himself to be.

anyways we'll have to see how the rest of the season pans out, seems to be going pretty good so far.

OK then, What about another "theory". Barry didn't run as fast as he can. He wants to push Wally. Would be pretty demotivating if Wally can't see him. ;)
You need an indicator that this could be true?
Re-Watch this episode. When Joe does the emergency call out of the train, Barry and Wally run as fast as they can from Star-Labs to the train bridge.
Watch out for when they both start and how much difference is between them when arriving at the bridge. Pretty obvious for me that Barry didn't show everything he got in that training lessons. ;) Further... we already know he can create time remnants or illusions for being at two places at the same time. But he didn't use these "newer" powers in the whole season so far.

Last edited:
Another good episode! Some inconsistencies, but it was very entertaining and fun and I don't care! My main prob, after figuring Untouchable can control his powers otherwise he could never wear any clothes, was Barry phasing the entire train. A cool scene and definite show of his prowess - but he could have phased the debris on the track even more easily...
The blood transfusion was a good solution to the problem, I just hope this doesn't turn Untouchable into a speedster... I imagine it just zeroed things out.

As for Cait, listening to her speak with Julian, it may be that she is not the only one whose powers bring out a dark side. There was some talk before about how only her powers bring out a change in personality, but apparently the same happens to Julian.

So it could be a good thing or a bad thing with them getting together. They can support each other when facing their dark sides - or they can turn together and become an evil duo!

Anyway, good episode, and I can't wait for the next. Saturday, right..?

Clive Yorkin created by Cary Bates and Irv Novick for FLASH #270.

This one was OK, but I'm waiting for Grodd to come back with Gorilla City.

This wasn't my favourite episode.

I'm disappointed that Caitlin's "go to" storyline every season is to serve as a love interest for another character. It wouldn't be so annoying if they hadn't completely ruined her "Killer Frost" arc. At the very least they could have kept the "heat vampire" aspect of Killer Frost to actually provide some motivation for why Caitlin might need to hurt people. Instead of simply saying that her metahuman powers apparently change her brain / personality even though they don't do that for any other metahuman.

The "threat" posed by the evil metahuman seemed really lame to me. I didn't understand why Barry couldn't throw lightning at him. Or why Barry and Wally couldn't simply throw whatever was around at him. Or just pick up a stick, rock or whatever and whack him in the head. I get that there are usually "obvious" solutions to problems on The Flash when considering the breadth of Barry's powers, but this one seemed particularly glaring.

I also find it amusing that sometimes Barry will "speed" somewhere in an emergency and other times he'll just move at regular speed. I would have thought Iris flat lining (or at least being in serious medical distress) would cause Barry to use his speed to get by her side, but instead he just "runs" at regular speed.

The "blood transfusion" resolution was bizarre (how did Wally "unphase" only the blood on his hand when phasing through the baddie) and the off-hand resolution to Iris' impending death was similarly bizarre (magically concocting an antidote from blood).

And as ... comic booky as it was, it seemed like there was plenty of time to evacuate everyone from the train. Or to create whirlwinds to blow the rocks off the tracks. Or to create whirlwinds to slow the train. Phasing an entire train, including every human on board seemed pretty extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"