The Flash season 3 episode 16 "Into the Speed Force"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Mar 1, 2017.

?

Rate "Into the Speed Force"

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Loved this episode. That was the best ending and the right thing for Barry to do. He needs to focus and so do the writers. They've waned with this character for a long time, good that he's paying attention to the bigger picture. Iris remains as Felicity 2.0. There isn't much for her left, she needs to be written off.

2. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

Right. I think the show can bounce back to greatness again. Just the writers need to pick a path and stay on it. Stick with what works essentially.

3. Halnbarry Registered

I thought not letting Wally be fun without hubris and consequence was mistake initially, but it's part of his growing arc and Barry pulls this crap all the time every season, but under the "right personality?" I don't know. We're seeing Wally not as some nice kid uncle Barry can mentor from being wayward. We're seeing Barry meet Wally as he was in his Mike Baron run. That Wally eventually grows out of it with the help of Linda, Hartley, Iris, Jay and Max, and writer's like Messner-Loabs, Waid and Johns, whereas Barry's dead and honestly had Barry seen him like he was in Baron's run he'd have been disappointed if how his behavior during Wolvman's Titan's is any indication, they were drifting apart by the Trial.

Iris having kneejerk self doubts is to me reasonable because in the end all she wanted to do was be with Barry and talk it out like couples should, but it is Barry this time that's making it difficult by cutting her out once again, which I take one, or two episodes tops for that status quo to be over because writer's are predictable and can't let well enough alone when it comes to stability. I think they have to be together for her death, or else it becomes another case of Laurel where it's a what could have been squandered. Barry needs a different reason to react to a girl's death than Ollie, or Matt Murdock (in comics his ex's die a lot more than his current girlfriends so). More like Gwen Stacy unfortunately, if we're going with Flash as Spiderman theme. Fail by your hubris, great power, great irresponsibility theme.

Personally I'd rather they keep the West siblings alive and not turn Wally evil and actually continue developing them as characters instead of double downing on their mistakes from previous seasons like they do with Barry where we're bound to always have another "The speedforce is angry episode" now. That's just me.

4. shabadoo25 Registered

They are going to have to get rid of Wally and Jesse Quick going forward. Possibly have them move to Earth 2 with an occasional visit.

The show doesn't have the budget for effects to constantly come up with threats that 3 speedsters can't defeat week after week.

5. Infinity9999x Registered

The speed force stuff was pretty decent, but two things keep bugging me on this show:

1.) God lord am I tired of the "I'm upset so I'll challenge the obviously more powerful villain than me for no good reason than cuz I'm angry!"

2.) For the love of god can these writers please stop shoving ham-fisted reasons to create personal drama? Barry leaving Iris makes zero sense. It won't do anything to protect her...just, why?

6. signalman Registered

I was thrilled when they made John Wesley Shipp Jay Garrick.
    After this episode, I am disappointed at the way Garrick been used this season.
    Wasting the character and the actor.

7. flashpo1nt Registered

ya i picked up on that, unless barry was referring to savitar but in the way he said it i took it that he meant wally.

not sure if wally is faster because it seemed barry was holding back during there training but i think there plan isn't based on who's faster.

barry is at a stand still when watching savitar holding iris, from that distance he probably doesn't have the velocity to make it within the required time HOWEVER another speedster who already has momentum/speed by starting from a further point in other words wally starts running from a further distance away to build up the speed required to save iris. i think its about timing it perfrectly with that small window of dialogue between fash and savitar before he stabs her and based on there calculations wally intercepting iris before savitar can kill her is the main plan in my opinion.

but i'm abit confused because comments like barry made does seem the writers are saying wally is faster if thats the case why is barry the star hero!???

you could say barry was referring to savitar also seemed like the speedforce was almost contradicting barry, almost to say you believe your not fast enough because you believe that when if you believe in yourself and abilities he's more powerful than he thinks....all this is expected barry is still learning about his powers and how the speed force really works, ect.

8. legendkillin Registered

So Jessie goes to E3 because they need a speedster. Yet she was perfectly fine abandoning E2 where she has friends and family. How does that make sense?

9. Mike Murdock Registered

Yeah, it would have made sense if she had gone back to Earth 2. The whole idea is she was afraid of what Savitar had planned for her.

10. j-beda Registered

I have read a few sci-fi stories that use this technique to deal with apparent paradoxes. If you see something in the future you work to make what you SAW happen, but in a way that works to your advantage. In this case, faking Iris's death would "match" the future without having her die.

11. Thome216 Registered

I liked this episode, despite the romantic booby traps they set. They should try and let 'drama' happen organically, as in something the writers write for a character that at the time doesn't seem like much, until someone else looks at it. No reason to force it.

Also a little 'what?' about Jessie going to Earth 3. Earth 2 must be at a time when 'threats' are at an all-time low. Or there are other heroes on Earth 2 whose she's met who are taking up the slack. That I could understand, and would need it said openly. Just a line or two about how the Tic and Friends can handle things with help from Harrison while she's gone...

Otherwise, 'what?'