The Flash The Flash season 3 episode 20 "I Know Who You Are"

CALLED IT! (Future Barry)
5686650-4248668-ff2.jpg

The reveal was fine. It's whether they can actually have it make sense when it's explained - that's the problem.

This is probably a Flash from way into the future, well after 2024. The paradox will be that Iris dying breaks Barry so much in the long run that he becomes evil, and enjoys being evil, so goes back in time to make sure that Iris dies so he can become evil. ...or something like that.

...and my prediction for the ending of the season is probably the one most of you have as well...

Present Barry goes back to the creation of Flashpoint, to stop Flashpoint ever happening, and stopping the creation of Savatar.

I think this is a Barry who got trapped in the speed force as punishment for going back in time and altering events. He is driven insane reliving the pain of watching his loved ones (Mother) & (Father) dying that when Flashpoint is created he is freed. the only way to keep from being returned to the prison is to destroy Flash heart by killing Iris, as we saw in the future The Future Flash turned his back on humanity and his friends after he lost Iris and Catlina to Killer Frost. He allowed the city to be taken over by meta's, pushed Joe & Cisco away.

This is probably a Flash from way into the future, well after 2024. The paradox will be that Iris dying breaks Barry so much in the long run that he becomes evil, and enjoys being evil, so goes back in time to make sure that Iris dies so he can become evil. ...or something like that.
I hope it's nothing like that because that wouldn't make any sense. Hopefully the writers have a good explanation.

I'm assuming it's a Barry from one of the timelines that got erased from real Barry's constant time travel/screwing up timelines. Bad Barry is mad because his timeline got changed to where he no longer gets with Iris, which makes him want to get revenge against real Barry.

Either way, they need to stop with the constant time travel/time line switching. It's making the plot way too convoluted. We've seen enough of it already. Move on.

Doesn't make the 20 minutes they wasted on the Joe-Cecile nonsense or Julian and Cisco's hissy fits any more interesting though. They need to cut the cast in half. Just let Barry and Cisco do this themselves and write in a fourth Wells to fill in any character gaps they have left. Nobody wants to waste more time on these repetitive contrived romances anymore.

Not speaking for me there...:cwink:

Thought it was a good episode. I don't mind any of the romance stuff, as their personal problems lend a heavier weight to each threat. It'll be interesting to see what explanation they use for Barritar and how he came about.

I can understand Cisco not wanting to risk hurting his best friend, but where was he when Frost stabbed Barry in the leg again? Could have used a little Vibe there!

Power was out for about a hour and a half including when the show was on tonight. Any way to watch the episode online?

You can check the CW web site, but I always have trouble with that. Easier bet is Amazon. $1.99 to buy an episode and no commercials!

Didn't they say this season will end on a cliffhanger too?

So the Flashpoint timeline with Barry turning from a hero into Savitar is like a Bootstrap Paradox. An infinite loop in time when your future self causes your past actions to lead to that point or something like that. It's complicated.

The reveal was fine. It's whether they can actually have it make sense when it's explained - that's the problem.

The problem with that is Savitar doesn't look much older than present day Barry.

Future Barry said he created time remnants that all were defeated trying to stop Savitar, could one of them have ended up becoming Savitar? They did include the time remnant line in the little flashback montage of Barry piecing things together. Could explain the injuries present on Savitar's face, and why he's so mad at Flash, as well as why future Barry from the episode prior to this wasn't evil.

Originally Posted by Kirmit
The problem with that is Savitar doesn't look much older than present day Barry.
it was explained in the comic's that the meta human speedster don't age the same way normal humans do if they reach their true potential powers or close to it.

bottom of the page
in this link below

The Flash
New Earth << Read more here
A · I · G · Q
1985 - 2011

in Wally list of ablitys.

• Decelerated Aging
    : Along with every speedster that draws from the speed force, the loved ones of the speedsters will gain eternal youth like Jay's wife and Barry's wife ages have shown.

Speed Force <<:Read more Bottom of page

Notes

• Different conduits throughout the multiverse excel in different Speed Force-related abilities, and it furthermore has differing effects on all of its users. Some examples being the original Flash, Jay Garrick's decelerated aging as opposed to Bart Allen's over-accelerated aging process.

Last edited:
This whole episode was sigh inducing to the max and just was all the issues of the series in a nutshell. Wheel spinning "drama", mind numbing stupidity in regards to how the central character should use his powers against an opponent and supposedly out of left field reveals that feel a lot like they came up with it halfway through the season by throwing darts at a board with the characters attached.

In fairness we don't know enough about how speedsters age. I'm sure they could use that as an explanation. An unsatisfying one, but hey, that's nothing new at this point.

Why is Caitlin's other personality a killer? Not only do we not know why she has an alternate personality, there is much about her Killer Frost that doesn't make any effing sense.

Why did she choose to trust Barry when she doesn't trust him? Why hurt him when she follows him?

How does Savitar know what happened when it happened while we see Barry change his present so that his future self that is not long haired emo weirdo who quit being a hero has different memories?

Why does Barry want to hurt himself and kill the woman he loves? That is some random bull$#%^.

How long into the future is this one? Barry heals, but his scarred tissues from Frost's first stab did not heal as they should with his Speed Force supported healing factor.

Why is Barrytar's face so badly scarred?

BARRY SHOULD BE FASTER THAN THE EFFING ICE BEAM. WHY DOESN'T HE JUST PUSH THE TARGETS HE SAVES AWAY? ICE BEAMS ARE CONSIDERABLY SLOWER THAN BULLETS, AND FLASHES ARE FASTER THAN BULLETS.

Joe knew for a long time he loved Cecile, but her finally saying it shook him off-guard, WHY?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WRITERS OF THIS SHOW? WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LET SAVITAR BE THE RANDOM SPEEDSTER WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OTHER SPEEDSTER LIKE MARK WAID MADE HIM? IT'S JUST SOME BULLS***.

BARRYTAR KNOWS EVERYTHING BARRY WILL DO, HOW WILL THEY TRAP HIM NOW THAT HE KNOWS EVERYTHING FAR AHEAD? WHAT IS IRIS THE KEY FOR?

The biggest insult will be to reveal that Barrytar is actually a good guy who wants to meet his future parents in law who are Russel and not West, or some other weird thing.
This episode is loads of bullcrap, it left me frustrated, and makes me think that everyone working on this show just stopped caring.

I'll be nice and give this a 5/10.

Future Barry said he created time remnants that all were defeated trying to stop Savitar, could one of them have ended up becoming Savitar? They did include the time remnant line in the little flashback montage of Barry piecing things together. Could explain the injuries present on Savitar's face, and why he's so mad at Flash, as well as why future Barry from the episode prior to this wasn't evil.

Makes sense. I don't think 2024Barry is supposed to be Savitar. This is some time remnant or alternate future Barry.

Makes sense. I don't think 2024Barry is supposed to be Savitar. This is some time remnant or alternate future Barry.

Yes, unless 2024 Barry later causes an event that creates Savitar, since Savitar's own history is the present that 2017 Barry is living. That means therefore that if he were an alternate future Barry, say from the time of Flashpoint or another point in the past, he would have experienced his life differently than the events we've seen Barry experience during this season. It couldn't be all exactly the same.

So Savitar must somehow be an offshoot of current Barry's timeline, and not an offshoot of one from either last season or earlier this season (eg Flashpoint).

And if he is, then it wouldn't make sense, because how could he have lived a different life but also experienced 2017 Barry's life as well?

Yes, unless 2024 Barry later causes an event that creates Savitar, since Savitar's own history is the present that 2017 Barry is living. That means therefore that if he were an alternate future Barry, say from the time of Flashpoint or another point in the past, he would have experienced his life differently than the events we've seen Barry experience during this season. It couldn't be all exactly the same.

So Savitar must somehow be an offshoot of current Barry's timeline, and not an offshoot of one from either last season or earlier this season (eg Flashpoint).

And if he is, then it wouldn't make sense, because how could he have lived a different life but also experienced 2017 Barry's life as well?

Perhaps Savitar's memories change every time Barry alters the timeline, and it continues like that until Barry reaches the point of Savitar's creation?

Perhaps Savitar's memories change every time Barry alters the timeline, and it continues like that until Barry reaches the point of Savitar's creation?

That would make sense if Savitar stems from the same timeline as Barry. And it's a question I even wondered about. Any change that Barry makes should automatically incorporate into Savitar's knowledge and memories. If Barry's timeline is represented by A, and Savitar comes from that timeline, ie he is the future Flash of timeline A, then that would make sense.

But if, when Barry created Flashpoint in September/ October 2016, he created timeline B, then if Savitar is the future Flash of timeline B, how could he possess all the knowledge and history of Barry from timeline A?

They would effectively be two different Barrys, and Future Flash B would have been the result of Barry B and the life he lived from that point onwards, rather than Barry A.

I think that's the direction they're taking based off next week's promo. I think Cisco says something like trying to stop Barry from making memories so that Savitar won't have them, and they can catch him by surprise.

I doubt it'll work, but they might toy with that idea.

I think that's the direction they're taking based off next week's promo. I think Cisco says something like trying to stop Barry from making memories so that Savitar won't have them, and they can catch him by surprise.

I doubt it'll work, but they might toy with that idea.

As I mentioned in next week's thread, instead of just suppressing his memories, they should just not have Barry be party to any of their plans so that he simply can't be in the know. That way Savitar won't be able to draw on his own history to determine exactly what Barry is going to do to stop him, because he won't have experienced it himself.

So while Barry could be in certain places at certain times, and Savitar might know that, he won't know exactly what is going to happen and what the team have planned. If Barry is just given information on a need-to-know basis, then he will only have the basic details, but won't know, for example, that Cisco and the others are actually going to trick Savitar. Barry could potentially act as a decoy with Savitar focusing on him, while Cisco and the others, who have full knowledge of the plans, are actually doing things behind the scenes to outwit and out manoeuvre Savitar.

A plan like that would only work to a certain point since Savitar would be more than capable of taking down Team Flash with minimal effort. So I think concealing information from Barry would only serve as a momentary advantage rather than a permanent solution.

But maybe they only need a momentary advantage.

Of course, if they just had Martian Manhunter, he could pretend to be Iris and could trick Savitar that way.

But maybe they only need a momentary advantage.

Of course, if they just had Martian Manhunter, he could pretend to be Iris and could trick Savitar that way.

wait, did they kill that shapeshifting meta? or could they just get an alt earth vers of him?

It's gonna be all the Flashes including Accelerated Man taking on Savitar.

Why can't Team Flash move Iris to Earth 38 (Supergirl's earth) on May 23 or whatever date it is that she dies? Barry doesn't even need to know about it so that he won't possess the knowledge that would inform Savitar.

Can Barry create a time remnant of Iris? Or can he only do that of himself? If he could, he could just allow Savitar to kill that version.

wait, did they kill that shapeshifting meta? or could they just get an alt earth vers of him?

It's gonna be all the Flashes including Accelerated Man taking on Savitar.
if they were welling to go off world to get him why not just go to Earth 38 for Martian Manhunter or Supergirl

or for that matter why not just get alt earth Iris's, she's gotta have at least one evil doppelganger they'd be willing to put in danger using her as bait lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"