The Flash The Flash Season 5 episode 11: Seeing Red

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Uh, no thread this week guys?

Things are starting to pick up! Ralph's Sister, Sister reference was hilarious and I liked the West-Allen scene in the hospital bed.

Im interested to see where this Sherlock, Nora, Thawne story is going. Cicada bores me, the cure story seems like the Fox-Men too much for my taste, but I am interested in the Nora/Thawne story.

The only thing interesting thing last night was the sherlock investigation into nora. The rest was boring ironically for an action filled episode. They know now hot to defeat cicada by killer frost freezing his dagger long enough to use there powers on him. The worst dumb way possible for barry to stop beating him long enough to escapembecause nora showed up to tell him to stop. So many times this year cicada fight them and then just walks off like ok thats enough for now. His story also isn't that interesting anymore now that we know his motivation.

Never go to S.T.A.R. Labs for medical help. ("This person has a broken back! Immobilize her neck, and get her into a t-shirt!")

Why didn't they breach the meta humans away instead of trying to transport them by helicopter? Wouldn't that be quicker and safer?

Also why does Barry keep trying to fight Cicada when he's powerless? He's just going to get a beating.

And why can't Killer Frost freeze and shatter Cicada's hands so that he can't hold the dagger?

Well they let Cicada escape … again. I'm having a hard time believing that Barry [would have] killed all of a sudden, and to think if he was going mach three on Cicada, then Cicada simply wouldn't have suddenly got up from that. Very poor writing.

Why didn't they breach the meta humans away instead of trying to transport them by helicopter? Wouldn't that be quicker and safer?
Cisco wasn't on the scene, busy at the frost lab. There were a couple of mentions to bringing Cisco in, Barry said it was best to leave him where he was. I guess Carlos wanted some time off? I further wonder whether he may be the casualty of this season cause (it seems) as though they're running out of use for him - especially if he takes the cure. He'll just be another tech guy.

And why can't Killer Frost freeze and shatter Cicada's hands so that he can't hold the dagger?
The plot wouldn't like that. :p

Well they let Cicada escape … again. I'm having a hard time believing that Barry [would have] killed all of a sudden, and to think if he was going mach three on Cicada, then Cicada simply wouldn't have suddenly got up from that. Very poor writing.

Cisco wasn't on the scene, busy at the frost lab. There were a couple of mentions to bringing Cisco in, Barry said it was best to leave him where he was. I guess Carlos wanted some time off? I further wonder whether he may be the casualty of this season cause (it seems) as though they're running out of use for him - especially if he takes the cure. He'll just be another tech guy.

They are getting more obvious leaving people out of the show for whatever reason.

Caitlin's response ("Killer Frost is the weapon") to Ralph when he wanted to arm them for the fight seems like a callback to Huntress ("I am the weapon") on Birds of Prey (2002). I wonder if this is hinting at another "Girls' Night Out" episode in the works.

By now, are we all expecting Cicada's daughter to be a powerful meta when she wakes up?

Cicada will have to reconsider his crusade, and then it'll turn out that his daughter is a threat to the city because she can't control her powers. If Team Flash can't perfect the meta cure in time, Cicada's daughter will beg him to prevent her from killing millions of people. Of course, at the last moment the cure will work, but the doctor (who is otherwise unnecessary to the season arc) will be unwilling to risk the girl having a relapse, and Cicada will die (since at this point the narrative demands it one way or another) protecting his daughter from the doctor.

I think it's about morale, and the long view. In a battle between metas -- even though some of them are good -- where the regular people and the legitimate authorities are irrelevant at best, then eventually the authorities will gather enough momentum and power to permanently stop them all, like in the Argus dystopian future on Legends.

I think it's about morale, and the long view. In a battle between metas -- even though some of them are good -- where the regular people and the legitimate authorities are irrelevant at best, then eventually the authorities will gather enough momentum and power to permanently stop them all, like in the Argus dystopian future on Legends.
I think @Dark Raven meant more why didn't they use Cisco to get these metas out of the city (via breaching) rather than having to rely on the police department and helicopter.

It never actually occurred to me that the daughter might wake up a meta, then putting Cicadia's whole plan on hold, cause he's not about to kill her. I suspect he'll end up taking the cure along with his daughter (if she has the meta gene) and the doctor will end up locked up for her involvement.

I know Cisco was off at the Frost Lab, but Barry had that breaching device to get Peekaboo out of where she was quickly and escape from Cicada. Both of them went through at the same time. We've also seen it can take several people at once, and Kara uses it frequently to hop universes. So why didn't Team Flash use that instead of relying on a helicopter?

At least they shouldn't have shown the breaching device earlier on so that we could forget about it. But since they did show it, it does beg the question why they didn't just use that? That way they wouldn't even have to rely on Cisco and he could carry on his research.

I know Cisco was off at the Frost Lab, but Barry had that breaching device to get Peekaboo out of where she was quickly and escape from Cicada. Both of them went through at the same time. We've also seen it can take several people at once, and Kara uses it frequently to hop universes. So why didn't Team Flash use that instead of relying on a helicopter?

At least they shouldn't have shown the breaching device earlier on so that we could forget about it. But since they did show it, it does beg the question why they didn't just use that? That way they wouldn't even have to rely on Cisco and he could carry on his research.

It's a good point but I think the police were providing the metas with their witness protection stuff and taking them somewhere safe. It's a good enough reason for me

It's a good point but I think the police were providing the metas with their witness protection stuff and taking them somewhere safe. It's a good enough reason for me

They could've breached the metas to the safe house. The police were just providing safe haven and witness protection. They don't necessarily have to provide transport. These transport cars always get hijacked anyway.

I wasn't expecting a helicopter. I assumed they were taking a motorcade since Cecile asked for some road blocks.

I laughed at Barry telling Killer Frost to switch back to Caitlin since they needed her only for her to just say Nora needed to get to a hospital.

Cicada made me laugh too with his "I smell someone's fart" face.

Iris better have that same energy for her apology to Sherloque when all is revealed.

They could've breached the metas to the safe house. The police were just providing safe haven and witness protection. They don't necessarily have to provide transport. These transport cars always get hijacked anyway.

Maybe Team Flash doesnt know where the safe house is and what would have stopped Cicada from going through the portal too?

I wasn't expecting a helicopter. I assumed they were taking a motorcade since Cecile asked for some road blocks.

I laughed at Barry telling Killer Frost to switch back to Caitlin since they needed her only for her to just say Nora needed to get to a hospital.

Cicada made me laugh too with his "I smell someone's fart" face.

Iris better have that same energy for her apology to Sherloque when all is revealed.

Just what I was thinking!

She had Cicada frozen to a wall, but 'stop what you are doing Frost in order to let Caitlyn say something idiotically obvious!'

Better would have been Barry saying, 'Nora get her to a hospital! Frost keep him frozen there, we'll get the dagger!'

I can understand them not wanting to end the story arc too soon, but don't put them into positions to end the threat and then make a stupid decision like that!

Otherwise a good episode. I love that Frost had so much more screen time here as well as interacting with more of the cast. Also liked that they mentioned that she has never 'lived up to the name,' anyway. And her concern that Caitlyn taking the cure would pretty much kill her. But then we get that she is more concerned with keeping Caitlyn safe, with Caitlyn feeling the same. Really liked that.

That alone saved the episode, as well as Sherly following his detective's nose into Nora's business.

Yeah they really need to wrap up this Cicada narrative and move on with Thawne already. They're writing themselves into so many corners it's not even funny.

Missed a week so just getting caught back up now. Really enjoyed this episode expect for the two instances that Cicada got away they seemed painfully obvious lol. Other than that it was great, loved that Panabaker is getting more screen time as Killer Frost (don't dislike her as Caitlin just feels like she has so much more range as Frost)

Also Barry nearly Cicada with a lightning punch that Jin from Tekken would have been proud of. Loved this clip anybody got a gif of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"