The Flash The Flash Season 5, Episode 9 - “Elseworlds pt.1”

That was a really fun episode and felt like old school Flash. The crossovers always bring out the best in all the characters.

But since they used the Smallville theme song is this supposed to be the same Superman from that show, just not Tom Welling?

Just a fun easter egg, just like with them using the Smallville GA outfit at the beginning of the episode. Which did we really need to watch the same scene 4 damn times?

Just a fun easter egg, just like with them using the Smallville GA outfit at the beginning of the episode. Which did we really need to watch the same scene 4 damn times?
Oh damn, I missed the first 3 minutes or so tonight. Did they show it AGAIN?

Nah, it was just nod. Just a "look, we're in Smallville now!" Supergirl's continuity doesn't jive with Smallville's.

You mean Kara didn't participate in the Smallville Harvest Festival Sweet Corn beauty contest?

At least we finally know how all the meta prisoners were able to use the bathroom.
I honestly AM glad to know that, lol.

Also, I love how Lois introduces herself to everyone, even just Kara's friends, as "Lois Lane, Daily Planet." :funny:

They sure did!
tenor.gif

It does make me sad that Perry White (I am assuming Lois/Clark work at the Daily Planet and that Perry runs it) would pay Clark more then Lois (assuming that she's been there a lot longer then he has) and that she'd even stand for that.

It does make me sad that Perry White (I am assuming Lois/Clark work at the Daily Planet and that Perry runs it) would pay Clark more then Lois (assuming that she's been there a lot longer then he has) and that she'd even stand for that.
The pay gap is real! Also, as editor, Perry's not the top dog, so the payroll might ultimately be over his head, with corporate/the publisher. IDK the newspaper business, I'm just basing this speculation on Lois & Clark and The Post, lol.

And yes, they established that they work at the Planet and that Perry White is their boss.

Lois is TeamBarry! That made me happier for some reason. :funny: :hrt:

The pay gap is real! Also, as editor, Perry's not the top dog, so the payroll might ultimately be over his head, with corporate/the publisher. IDK the newspaper business, I'm just basing this speculation on Lois & Clark and The Post, lol.

And yes, they established that they work at the Planet and that Perry White is their boss.

Makes sense.

I love how they used the same shot of the two hidden crossbows from the first crossover, just recolored and flipped.

Really loved this episode. The Smallville theme got me... part of me was bummed it wasn't Welling and Durance. (Nothing against Hoechlin. I actually really love his Superman and would be cool if he got his own show.)

I agree, they do fan service great. Can't wait for the next two!!

Really had fun with this episode. Laughed my butt off when the Smallville theme played. It was great seeing Superman in action. Looking forward to the next episode.

Barry and Oliver together will never not be fun, so I didn’t mind locking them up together. Plus they finally answered the complains about the lack of a *ahem* commode in the cells. Also, no lies detected during Oliver’s version of a pep talk to get Barry into gear, likewise Barry’s comeback re quarterback Felicity. Team flash and Iris remains blah, but they were at least mercifully brief. Just hope we don’t get a similarly schlocky redux with Barry and Felicity. Amazo v. all 4 supes was amazing! Even more amazing is Barry being smart and kickass! When was the last time this happened?! (Answer: Flash v. King Shark waaaaaaaaay back in S2.) Barry is the Barry Allen he should be whenever he’s away from Iris and the team. Too bad this only happens during a crossover, and even then it’s not a gimme (looking at you Hawks, invasion and nazi crossovers).

Barry and Oliver together will never not be fun, so I didn’t mind locking them up together. Plus they finally answered the complains about the lack of a *ahem* commode in the cells. Also, no lies detected during Oliver’s version of a pep talk to get Barry into gear, likewise Barry’s comeback re quarterback Felicity. Team flash and Iris remains blah, but they were at least mercifully brief. Just hope we don’t get a similarly schlocky redux with Barry and Felicity. Amazo v. all 4 supes was amazing! Even more amazing is Barry being smart and kickass! When was the last time this happened?! (Answer: Flash v. King Shark waaaaaaaaay back in S2.) Barry is the Barry Allen he should be whenever he’s away from Iris and the team. Too bad this only happens during a crossover, and even then it’s not a gimme (looking at you Hawks, invasion and nazi crossovers).
I loved the comeback about Felicity being a QB. That was hilarious. And Oliver saying about the damn pep talks that motivate Barry.

Really fun episode. Favorite moment was Oliver's little nod after Barry admits that it's a prison.

Liked the episode overall, but I am not feeling Tulloch as Lois.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"