The Friday The 13th Movies Thread - Part 2

If you’re not really a big horror person you probably will not enjoy them so yeah.

Yeah, I only managed to get through half or a bit more last night. I'll still check out a couple of the ones I haven't seen, but it's likely just not my jam.

Waxwork Records releasing Harry Manfredini's ''Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning'' soundtrack on vinyl.

odUZiUN.jpg

k2rDyvy.jpg

"His Eyes" by Pseudo Echo, wow was that a catchy song. Also Violet's death was one of the relatively few that really saddened me in these films. She could have made an interesting "Final Girl" I think.

I was actually playing the Friday the 13th iOS game and one of the levels is Jason in prison and I couldn’t help but think that would make an amazing movie. Possibly reboot the franchise with Jason being less supernatural ( similar to the 09 reboot). I’d actually play it pretty similar to the 09 reboot but with more likable characters that you can care about when they are killed. I’d have one of the girls be the sister of Tommy Jarvis ( again similar to the reboot). Instead of killing Jason, no wood chipper , burning alive, drowning, etc have him take some damage but actually be taken into custody with the sequel be him in prison... maybe the mask is fused to his face now. Maybe he is tormented by his abuse from camp counselors about his appearance and he does it to himself so he never has to see his face or something. Have Tommy become the “Laurie/Loomis” of this franchise and constantly tries to track Jason and end his reign of terror

Woah! Is he actually acknowledging that he was in the first Friday The 13th movie? Cool!

He’s talked about it over the years. Took part on Crystal Lake Memories (the book) and on the EE ads over here he even dressed up as the character.

3D5CA12D-0D54-4EB9-BA79-6157B5DD27CA.png

So sad that John Carl Buechler passed away.

I know Friday Part VII is one of the worst ones but I really enjoy so much of it. The look of Jason and Kane Hodder’s performance are iconic.

I watched the whole franchise through about 3 years ago and part 8 was my favourite, even if the sub title is a bit misleading.

So sad that John Carl Buechler passed away.

I know Friday Part VII is one of the worst ones but I really enjoy so much of it. The look of Jason and Kane Hodder’s performance are iconic.

Yeah, the atmosphere was on point and visually it had some cool moments.

I watched all of them up through 8. After the fourth film, it felt like I was God in a cyclical nightmare watching these teenagers falling into the same forking trap. I know nobody gave a fork about continuity back then with these movies so this is observatory. 1-4 the formula becomes more perfected but they all sort of blur for me -- even the nudity! 3 accidentally gives birth to a great reveal of the iconic hockey mask. 5 attempted to do something sort of different, but is one of the worst ones, not for that reason, but the execution was bad.

6 is by far the best, the most fun, the most creative and the best directed with a vision. And the characters are actually memorable.

7 I liked, and I actually liked the telekinetic because why the fork not? I liked her as a character. Her and Tommy Jarvis are the only really good characters in this franchise. I would have loved to have seen a shotgun toting Tommy team up with a telekinetic Tina in the next movie. With a romance to boot.

8 or 5 are the worst ones. Maybe 5 because it's blander. 8 is God awful, but at least there's some ridiculous shirt like Jason punching a man's head off.

I think at this point Jason just killing teenagers cheapens him. I get the appeal of Jason now. People want to see him fork shirt up in creative ways, so why don't you create a newer story that services that? I see him as a Man With No Name, Mad Max type. Go crazy with it. These films have an opportunity to develop it's own personality, and I think it can make Jason even stronger. They don't have be these slasher films. Jason is larger than life. I think by this point he's being held back.

I'd love to see a new film set in winter with a snowy camp crystal lake and the main characters being park rangers and other adults over mid 20's

OR have one thing I liked from Jason Goes to bad place and Jason X..swat teams and Jason being held captive at a government facility to study him

Last edited:
A winter Friday the 13th has been on fan’s wish list since like, the 7th one. And yet, they keep avoiding it.

See also Spider-Man.

Final Chapter, Jason Lives, New Blood and Jason Takes Manhatten are my top 4

Jason X is kinda a quilty pleasure. I know it's super bad, cheap and dumb but there's some aspects that actually interests me

I will always love the first one...because it tool place on the day I was born. So, sentimental. It's like my birth required the death of an entire camp. Which is awesome.

My ranks are as follows:
1) Friday the 13th
2) Friday the 13th Part 2
3) Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives!
4) Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
5) Freddy v Jason
6-whatever

LAST FOREVER: The remake.

Part VI - Jason Lives
Part VII - New Blood
Part VIII - Jason Takes Manhattan
Part IV - Final Chapter
Part III
Part II
Friday The 13th
Freddy vs Jason
Friday the 13(2009)
Jason X
Jason Goes to bad place

Part VI
Remake
Part II
Part IV
Part III
F13
Jason X
FvJ
Part VII
Part VIII
JGTH

The How Did This Get Made? podcast recently did a live show for Jason Lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"