The Full List of "Crimes" Committed by Fox's Tom Rothman

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. He's definitely going to hell now. I mean, Alien 3 and Resurrection weren't as well-liked as the first two...but the directors of the first two got turned down? Unbelievable.

Cameron was supposedly directing with Scott producing and both of them doing the story. Not only that but rumor has it they where looking at either Nicholas Cage or Arnold Schwarzenegger to star (Take that with a grain of salt as I'll have to inquire further with the guy who told me about it).

I will never, and I mean NEVER, forgive Fox for what they did to the Fantastic Four movies. Sure the 2nd one was an improvement, but still, treating them like large scale sitcoms was beyond wrong. And Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, the First Lady of Marvel, the Marvel Mom? I mean seriously, what the Hell? Were there no real actresses available?

The only characters that made it through those movies without being spat on was the Thing and Human Torch. Reed was a *****, Invisible Woman looked 18, and Dr. Doom was a sad and pathetic attempt at a movie villain.

Cameron was supposedly directing with Scott producing and both of them doing the story. Not only that but rumor has it they where looking at either Nicholas Cage or Arnold Schwarzenegger to star (Take that with a grain of salt as I'll have to inquire further with the guy who told me about it).
Dunno about that Nic/Arnie thing. They (Cameron/Scott) had already convinced Weaver to come back. Only thing they needed was the green light from Fox.

...I didn't mind X3. It wasn't good, but none of them were, really.

And as far as Alien 5... it would be better than avp, but sigourney weaver really had no business being in anything past the second one.

Last edited:
...I didn't mind X3. It wasn't good, but none of them were, really.
209772~X2-X-Men-United-Posters.jpg

I'm still waiting for the first reports of Rothman screwing up Avatar .
I just read the variety article that the budget is now rumored tohover around 250-300 million from an initial 200 million budget.

Rothman is always the business man and will always intervere ( read butcher) a movie in order to make a profit. I wonder just how much he'll screw Avatar if this rumor turns out to be true

I just read the variety article that the budget is now rumored tohover around 250-300 million from an initial 200 million budget.

Rothman is always the business man and will always intervere ( read butcher) a movie in order to make a profit. I wonder just how much he'll screw Avatar if this rumor turns out to be true

jim cameron will eat him if he intervenes. this is not hyperbole. he will eat him alive, maybe after he rapes him.

jim cameron will eat him if he intervenes. this is not hyperbole. he will eat him alive, maybe after he rapes him.

No director is immune to studio politics. And Cameron isn't the one who's coughing up the budget. Fox is. Big difference there. For example with SW prequels George Lucas was the one funding his own movies with Fox handling distribition. Rothman and co. don't have anything to say there . But it's when Fox themselves are the one coughing up the $$$ that you begin to hear all thes reports of the production being troubled.
Cameron's status obviously helps him having creative freedom but you can only go so far.

i think Cameron is smart enough to know what happens at fox studios.
i really dont belive that Cameron after 10 years will let some guy destroy hes movie.
i think in hes contract he has full control over the final cut.

I will never, and I mean NEVER, forgive Fox for what they did to the Fantastic Four movies. Sure the 2nd one was an improvement, but still, treating them like large scale sitcoms was beyond wrong. And Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, the First Lady of Marvel, the Marvel Mom? I mean seriously, what the Hell? Were there no real actresses available?

No negative zone, Galactus, or Doom. :(

No director is immune to studio politics. And Cameron isn't the one who's coughing up the budget. Fox is. Big difference there. For example with SW prequels George Lucas was the one funding his own movies with Fox handling distribition. Rothman and co. don't have anything to say there . But it's when Fox themselves are the one coughing up the $$$ that you begin to hear all thes reports of the production being troubled.
Cameron's status obviously helps him having creative freedom but you can only go so far.

it was more of a joke than anything, cameron is notorious for bullying people and being a complete and utter dick to get his vision on screen. and part of me really does think he would eat rothman alive. literally, with a fork and knife, if he pulls something like he did with gavin hood on the wolverine set.
plus being the director of the most successful film of all time and some of the best action/sci-fi films of all time give him some leeway i think

Christopher Gans, Alex Proyas and Steven Norrington - great directors. :up:

They already screwed up DragonBall if that even matters:hehe:

I think Dragonball would have been better if it was a Animated, and Done by someone else like dreamworks.

I think Dragonball would have been better if it was a Animated, and Done by someone else like dreamworks.

Dreamworks is almost the worst studio to do animated movies... their 'writing' process takes places AFTER they animate the entire movie. Or that's what I heard.

I agree ( except on the Dreamworks part ; WB would've been better) . As much as i want to see a live-action DB movie ( though Fox screwing it up definately crushed all hope) , i still think an animated flick would've been better.
SOmething on the level of Beowulf. Near photorealism. Really there are no limitations to shooting the scene and i think the characters would appear far more believable if they performed all these impossible stunts.

They already screwed up DragonBall if that even matters:hehe:

~sigh~.
I know. WE all saw this coming a mile away when it was announced that Fox aquired the rights. And while DB/DBZ isn't exactly something on the level of Ghost In The Shell , it's nevertheless a quilt pleasure of mine :woot:.

So i was hoping that Fox wouldn't screw it up completely.
Till i saw the first pics of Piccolo and Master Roshi.

**ck you Fox :csad:

I never saw the pics, but...Is it true that they made Piccolo "white" ?

it was more of a joke than anything, cameron is notorious for bullying people and being a complete and utter dick to get his vision on screen. and part of me really does think he would eat rothman alive. literally, with a fork and knife, if he pulls something like he did with gavin hood on the wolverine set.
plus being the director of the most successful film of all time and some of the best action/sci-fi films of all time give him some leeway i think

Aah .
I think any director would eat ROthman alive if they saw him screwing up their movies :oldrazz:
It's definately true that Cameron's status helps him when he's making a movie. But nothing is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"