The Full List of "Crimes" Committed by Fox's Tom Rothman

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Tried to ruin X-Men (2000) by cutting down budget and moving the release date from November 2000 to May 2000.

- X2's budget get cut down too.

- Said no to Alien 5 by James Cameron and Ridley Scott because "We have a good script for AVP."

- Burton's Planet of the Apes remake being rushed into production. Which resulted Burton's comment "I'd rather jump out of a window than do Planet of the Apes 2."

WHAT!!?!?:cmad:

How has he been able to do all this destruction?

How has he been able to do all this destruction?
hey its hollywood.
if Arnold Schwarzenegger can get from being a bodybuilder in europe to a governor in LA ....hey everything is possible.

He's a hack, no question about it. Just like Jon Peters over at W.B.

I only found out last week on youtube through a Kevin Smith appearance at a University how much of a fruitcake the guy is. "I don't want Superman wearing a costume or flying." Ha ha ha, thanks for the entertainment Jon.:whatever::oldrazz:

this truly brings a tear to my eye...
magcry.gif

Seriously. I mean, I would understand if it was just some yahoo that hadn't directed before, but Ridley Scott and James Cameron?!

A ****ing disgrace. Rothman the idiot must have thought there was more potential for huge marketing in terms of merchandise with AVP. What a prick.

And there might have been, had he set the movie in Colonial Marines era, like the games. Who the hell wants to see an AvP movie set in modern-day Earth? Sheer nonsense.

Ugh! I hate Fox. They produce more crap than any other major studio. That Rothman f***er is SUCH a *****ebag!! And his latest incident with Gavin Hood, I mean come on. He is an *******. Plain and simple. Get this moron out of office. NOW.

UGH!!!

TOTALLY agreed, even the mention of his name disgusts me, a ****ing idiot. Just when I was looking forward to Wolverine, he pulls this ****, probably wont even see it now.

WOW. He's definitely going to hell now. I mean, Alien 3 and Resurrection weren't as well-liked as the first two...but the directors of the first two got turned down? Unbelievable.

Ridiculous. But can just say, your Avatar is possibly THE BEST i have ever seen!!!!!!! My favourite movie ever!!!!!!

Said no to Alien 5 by James Cameron and Ridley Scott because "We have a good script for AVP."
Wow. That's just.. wow. Speechless. I am.

Basically he's driven all the great directors away from working with the studio. All they have left is James Cameron. They either get crappy directors that they can control or get decent directors and then just make changes or cuts. All for the sake of keeping costs down and ensuring success at the box office in their eyes. And people in Hollywood have taken notice.

This summer was the first summer in ten years where Fox didn't have a summer movie break the $100 million mark.

Is this Tom Rothman character some kind of ruthless tyrant who can't be overthrown..?

And I don't think even Rothman could push James Cameron around.

Did Harrison Ford really say that (in your sig)? If so, :up: :up:

And I don't think even Rothman could push James Cameron around.

Did Harrison Ford really say that (in your sig)? If so, :up: :up:

He said it on Conan, during a sketch. so yes he said, no he never really said it.

Rothman was in charge of Fox Searchlight, did well there and has stunk up Fox while Fox Searchlight has been producing the good movies.

This Rothman fellow sucks pretty hard but I have to agree with some of the other posters and say X3 gets way to much hate directed at it. X1 and X2 were just Wolverine movies that just happen to have some other X-Men in them. I liked Cyclops as much as the next guy but I rather see him dead than a bland background character that Singer made him.

Honestly, I'm more pissed about the quality of Die Hard 4 than anything else.

This Rothman fellow sucks pretty hard but I have to agree with some of the other posters and say X3 gets way to much hate directed at it. X1 and X2 were just Wolverine movies that just happen to have some other X-Men in them. I liked Cyclops as much as the next guy but I rather see him dead than a bland background character that Singer made him.

Honestly, I'm more pissed about the quality of Die Hard 4 than anything else.
I don't think X-Men 3 gets enough hatred directed at it. It's a perfect case of a film being controlled entirely by jerks from hollywood and their own politics. (Not the literal Republican-Democrat kind.) X1 and 2 were solid films, but i agree with you that they were all about wolverine. Wolverine works alot better in smaller doses, kinda like Boba Fett. An X-men movie should definetly be an ensemble piece, with Scott at the forefront. However Singer got the themes of diversity and acceptance spot-on and then some.

The Simpson's Movie
Live Free or Die Hard
Borat
Ice Age 2

The sad Thing is.... I've seen most of these crappy films....God forgive me... I repent!!! :csad:

Those were all good IMO.

When is this d-bag gonna retire so we can get back to good Fox?

I've seen both versions of LFODH & to tell you the truth, gore wasn't a big problem. The gore in the original DH movies weren't as iconic as say Predator or Alien. Though, I missed Yippe-Ki-Yay-Mother-****er in the cut version.

The Simpson's Movie
Live Free or Die Hard
Borat
Ice Age 2
The Devil Wears Prada http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_20th_Century_Fox_films#2000s

The sad Thing is.... I've seen most of these crappy films....God forgive me... I repent!!! :csad:

The simpsons get a lot of freedom because it's the TV show that's responsible for at least a ninth of any money Fox has. Borat was something the studio couldn't control much because it had a filming crew of about 3 people, was shot away from Fox studios, and was probably produced mostly in England.

I don't think X-Men 3 gets enough hatred directed at it.
Seriously? Were you here when the movie came out? There were many, many fanboys going "this movie sucks major donkey balls" and other crap like that. Yes, X3 wasn't up to par, yes, it could have been better but like DH4, it wasn't at all a bad movie.

I don't think X-Men 3 gets enough hatred directed at it. It's a perfect case of a film being controlled entirely by jerks from hollywood and their own politics. (Not the literal Republican-Democrat kind.) X1 and 2 were solid films, but i agree with you that they were all about wolverine. Wolverine works alot better in smaller doses, kinda like Boba Fett. An X-men movie should definetly be an ensemble piece, with Scott at the forefront. However Singer got the themes of diversity and acceptance spot-on and then some.

X1 and X2 are solid made-for-tv movies. If they were called Wolverine and Wolverine 2 and premiered on the FX channel I would be fine with them. As it is, the X franchise (actually, any superhero franchise under Fox's control) is just full of wasted potential.

X1 and X2 are solid made-for-tv movies. If they were called Wolverine and Wolverine 2 and premiered on the FX channel I would be fine with them. As it is, the X franchise (actually, any superhero franchise under Fox's control) is just full of wasted potential.
I will never, and I mean NEVER, forgive Fox for what they did to the Fantastic Four movies. Sure the 2nd one was an improvement, but still, treating them like large scale sitcoms was beyond wrong. And Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, the First Lady of Marvel, the Marvel Mom? I mean seriously, what the Hell? Were there no real actresses available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"