The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep 1 week after PS 4 in US, 1 week before in Europe and the same date as 360 8 years ago!

So whats everybody's game of the year so far?

Hmm... might be cool. Not sure how I feel about them Kickstarting a Shantae game when they still have one in the chamber they're working on and haven't released yet though.

It is odd, I admit. The only real explanation I can think of is that they wanted to get a console game but either couldn't get an official backer or wanted to bypass that and do it independently? Not sure exactly what their situation is with that kind of stuff.

I was reading this article about Eternal Crusade, which had a lot of information about the game that I wasn't aware of, and I think if it turns out as good as it sounds it could very well be that big crossover hit that Warhammer needs.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=26731571&postcount=861

Late response but I’d saved this to read later.

And it sounds unbelievably awesome!!!

I’m not used to or particularly fond of the freemium idea/model but guess I’ll have to go with it for this. Want to play as any of the other 3 awesome races (Space Marines, Chaos Marines & Eldar) aside from the free Orks. And we also get AI Tyranids. Yes!!

I love being part of an overall war campaign and having an effect on that and all within the Warhammer universe. And this should be a true next gen game with no 360/PS3 ports so hopefully the production standards are at a high for the series.

And this quote sounds particularly good:

Combat is a mix between THQ’s single-player cult hit Space Marine and Epic Games’ Gears of War. You will seamlessly go between ranged bolter combat and then hacking apart a bunch of Nobz with your chainsword.

The multiplayer combat sounds like it’s getting even better!

Hopefully this is the game where Warhammer breaks through to the masses and becomes huge.

Right now mine is Infinite. The last of us is on the way to me now though. So it might end up being between those two, of the last of us is as good as ive heard

My favorite game I played this year was Super Mario 3D Land, but that obviously didn't come out this year.

As for games released this year, I would say either Metal Gear Rising or Fire Emblem: Awakening.

It is odd, I admit. The only real explanation I can think of is that they wanted to get a console game but either couldn't get an official backer or wanted to bypass that and do it independently? Not sure exactly what their situation is with that kind of stuff.

I'm by no means a financial expert, but it seems to me that if they simply waited the couple of months until the newest Shantae was released, then (provided it was successful) they would have money coming in and they would be able to fund this new one from the profits they made off of the last one.

Late response but I’d saved this to read later.

And it sounds unbelievably awesome!!!

Indeed it does.

I’m not used to or particularly fond of the freemium idea/model but guess I’ll have to go with it for this. Want to play as any of the other 3 awesome races (Space Marines, Chaos Marines & Eldar) aside from the free Orks. And we also get AI Tyranids. Yes!!

Did you also see that there are different Space Marine chapters to choose from?

I love being part of an overall war campaign and having an effect on that and all within the Warhammer universe. And this should be a true next gen game with no 360/PS3 ports so hopefully the production standards are at a high for the series.

That's one of my absolute favorite multiplayer game mechanics (long, persistent battles where territory can be taken lost, player-elected leaders and such) and yet so very few games utilize it. I'm glad this will be one of them though. :yay:

Last edited:
Bioshock Infinite. I really liked Last of Us but liked Bioshock more

I haven't really played that many new games from this year. Mostly older ones from the my pile to get to. Like everyone else I'd have to say Bioshock Infinite. The combat was meh but the story was tons of fun.

Right now I'm going to stick with Soul Sacrifice, I think. I adored The Last Of Us but SS was 60+ hours of relentlessly enjoyable game.

I tell you, though, it's been an absolutely fantastic year so far. The Last Of Us, Wonderful 101, Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa Rebirth, BioShock Infinite and Ni No Kuni are all games that will be scrambling for a top space in my 2013 top 10 list.

And something I just saw through that will be competing with them is Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons. Came out on EU PSN today and I'm reeeeally glad I took the time/money to see it through. Inventive, charming puzzles, wonderful level design and art direction, and probably the most touching narrative in a game since Journey (or even further back than that). Buy it.

All this and there's still an XCOM expansion on the way.

I have only played 3 games that came out this year. Pokemon White 2, Pikmin 3, and Tomb Raider. I'd say Tomb Raider was my favorite.

Did you also see that there are different Space Marine chapters to choose from?
Um, not quite sure what that means. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by chapter here?

That's one of my absolute favorite multiplayer game mechanics (long, persistent battles where territory can be taken lost, player-elected leaders and such) and yet so very few games utilize it. I'm glad this will be one of them though. :yay:
I love that idea but trying to think if I've actually played anything like that. Some C&C & LOTR strategy games had world maps where you slowly progress and take territories fighting out a full battle for each one but that's not incorporated into the multiplayer mode as far as I know. I imagine pc has a lot more games that do this proplerly in a multiplayer environment. Which ones have you played? And did you ever play Chromehounds? I didn't but from what friends said I think it was this kind of thing, & all those friends loved it before it got shut down.

Um, not quite sure what that means. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by chapter here?

The Space Marines are separated into different groups called "Chapters". Each Chapter each has its own tactics, style, and customs.

OtyPAuK.jpg

The different chapters available in Eternal Crusade are the Ultramarines, Blood Ravens, Space Wolves, and Dark Angels.

I love that idea but trying to think if I've actually played anything like that. Some C&C & LOTR strategy games had world maps where you slowly progress and take territories fighting out a full battle for each one but that's not incorporated into the multiplayer mode as far as I know. I imagine pc has a lot more games that do this proplerly in a multiplayer environment. Which ones have you played? And did you ever play Chromehounds? I didn't but from what friends said I think it was this kind of thing, & all those friends loved it before it got shut down.

I've played Planetside (the first one) and Chromehounds. I loved Chromehounds too. It was really great.

The actual gameplay in the matches was heavily team-based. You really had trust the other players on your team to play their part. In the persistent war mode, which was the real meat of the game, you allied yourself with one of three nations in the beginning, each of which had different specialties and exclusive mech parts and weapons. (My homeland was the Kingdom of Sal Kar.) As you won battles you took over territory on the world map. There was great clan support. Your nation would have presidential elections (with player candidates). You could vote on things, like what kind of research you wanted your country to do, which would result in attribute boosts and things like that. There was a real economy. You could donate money to your government to expedite research projects. There was just so much to the game.

If you had a solid, dependable crew to play with... it was incredible.

*sigh*

And then the servers got shut down, making 95% of the game unplayable.

*stares off into the distance wistfully*

One day... I swear one day the mighty Kingdom of Sal Kar will rise again.

kjYzKHsl.jpg

Tomb Raider.

Am I the only one here that did t like Bioshock Infinite much at all?

Columbia from Bioshock is coming to Disney Infinity

It's not DLC or even really affiliated with Bioshock, it's just UGC that is being promoted by the dev team:
Update: Disney Infinity executive producer John Vignocchi clarified on Twitter that the levels are user-generated content curated by developer Avalanche Software, not worlds built by the studio itself.
Polygon

The Space Marines are separated into different groups called "Chapters". Each Chapter each has its own tactics, style, and customs.

OtyPAuK.jpg

The different chapters available in Eternal Crusade are the Ultramarines, Blood Ravens, Space Wolves, and Dark Angels.
Oh cool.

This makes me wish I'd read the books so I'd know more about each faction. Have read tonnes of Warhammer Fantasy and was always planning on getting round to W2K.

I've played Planetside (the first one) and Chromehounds. I loved Chromehounds too. It was really great.

The actual gameplay in the matches was heavily team-based. You really had trust the other players on your team to play their part. In the persistent war mode, which was the real meat of the game, you allied yourself with one of three nations in the beginning, each of which had different specialties and exclusive mech parts and weapons. (My homeland was the Kingdom of Sal Kar.) As you won battles you took over territory on the world map. There was great clan support. Your nation would have presidential elections (with player candidates). You could vote on things, like what kind of research you wanted your country to do, which would result in attribute boosts and things like that. There was a real economy. You could donate money to your government to expedite research projects. There was just so much to the game.

If you had a solid, dependable crew to play with... it was incredible.

*sigh*

And then the servers got shut down, making 95% of the game unplayable.

*stares off into the distance wistfully*

One day... I swear one day the mighty Kingdom of Sal Kar will rise again.

kjYzKHsl.jpg
Yet another lover of this fabled game! And I never even got to try it before it was killed off. :csad: Maybe there wil be a sequel one day even though the game isn't well known amongst casual gamers, as there seems to be a lot of underground fans

It's not DLC or even really affiliated with Bioshock, it's just UGC that is being promoted by the dev team:

Polygon

It's Columbia. They never name it or say Bioshock for obvious legal reasons. But its definitely Columbia

It's Columbia. They never name it or say Bioshock for obvious legal reasons. But its definitely Columbia

They do say "Columbia" in the trailer.

It's content a user made with the already in-game tools. Who cares? (In relation to people thinking it's inappropriate) This is just the dev team showing off the things that can be done in sandbox mode.

Last edited:
How advanced is that creation kit? Id love to see some other classic locations be created in Infinity. The Spencer Mansion would be sick if its possible

I don't think it's very in depth. I think there are generic platforms/pieces that you use, but the majority of it is unlocking things like the house from Up or a pirate ship or whatever and you place that stuff around.

I haven't seen much of it, though, but that's the impression I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"