The Gaming Lounge: Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

• In Divinity: Original Sin, Even Water Balloons Are Tactical Instruments Of War

Preview on Oct 16, 2015 at 08:05 AM
    ps4-icon.png

Bend the elements to your will.
    ... More
source: GI

I haven't had much playing time since I started my job two months ago, but lately, I've been watching Youtube videos of "Cutscene movies" for various games I played 3-5 years ago. There's a strong sense of nostalgia that makes me wish I could experience these games again for the first time, or play through them again in current gen graphics.

Hideo Kojima Has Left Konami, Will Be Free To Join Another Studio In December. October 19, 2015 . 6:39pm

The New Yorker reports that Hideo Kojima’s time with Konami and Kojima Productions has come to an end, along with comments on the subject from Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata.

The New Yorker reports that Hideo Kojima’s time with Konami and Kojima Productions has come to an end, as he left the company he’s been with for over 29 years earlier this month on October 9.

According to guests that attended Kojima’s departure ceremony, it was “a rather cheerful but also emotional goodbye,” but Konami president Hideki Hayakawa, or its CEO Sadaaki Kaneyoshi were not seen at the event.

The report also mentions that Kojima couldn’t say much regarding his departure from the company, but his non-compete clause expires in December, meaning he’ll be able to find a new studio and continue making games.

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata also had some words to share:

“It’s a rare case of a highly successful studio being closed down, so obviously everyone is in a state of shock about it, I think,” Tabata told The New Yorker. “But we believe that we can survive. At least, until the company decides to close us down.”
Along with some quotes from David McCarthy of the Tokyo-based developer Cybird:

“The Japanese games with which most players are familiar have always been the outliers. But there has always been a huge iceberg of titles beneath the surface that Western gamers rarely glimpse.… The growing cost of console development, allied to a shrinking domestic market, have made these games increasingly unviable without international success.”​

Photograph courtesy The New Yorker.​

Read more stories about Konami on Siliconera.

source:Siliconera

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires launches mid-March in the west
Published 13 hours ago. 9 comments.
Latest iteration of Samurai Warriors 4 dated.

SW4E-March-Release.jpg

Samurai Warriors 4: Empires will launch for PlayStation 4 via retail and digital, and PlayStation 3 and PS Vita digitally on March 15 in North America and March 11 in Europe, Koei Tecmo announced.
Here’s a rundown of game, via Koei Tecmo:
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires provides an alternative take on the events depicted in Samurai Warriors 4, using the historical landscape as a setting for an exciting strategy-focused game. Players have the opportunity to create their own character to serve in the lower ranks of the army, gradually rising through the ranks to eventually rule the entire land through their conquests.
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires marks the return of the Empires brand in the Samurai Warriors universe after a nine year hiatus. Since the 2007 release of Samurai Warriors 2 Empires for the PlayStation 2, Samurai Warriors has grown to become one of the most successful and acclaimed titles in the Warriors universe. This revamped version of the fan-favorite installment features improved gameplay mechanics and an expanded, intuitive governing system, and explores the effects that building in-depth relationships and alliances have in times of war.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, Release Dates, Samurai Warriors 4: Empires, Screenshots
Also with

The World Will See The Return Of Samurai Warriors 4: Empires. October 20, 2015 . 9:00am

The Empires edition of Samurai Warriors 4 will come to North American PlayStation platforms in 2016.

[YT]2X6yrGkCFqw[/YT]
When Koei Tecmo Empires spin-offs are mentioned, the first series to come to mind is likely Dynasty Warriors. There are regular adaptations, with the most recent being Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires back in February of this year. However, Koei Tecmo released Samurai Warriors 4: Empires, the first spin-off featuring this series since 2007, in Japan back in September, and will be bringing it to North America as well.

Samurai Warriors 4: Empires is a strategic simulation where people attempt to unite Japan under their rule. There are two scenarios in the Empire Mode, the Battle of Okehazama and the Battle of Sekigahara, though there is also a Creative Mode where people can make their own scenario. Custom characters can also be created and used in both the Empire and Creative modes.

For people who enjoy character-related events, there are opportunities for more humorous moments. You can marry characters and see special events. There are also events set at hot springs again.

Last edited:
Well, I guess they aren't going to be releasing those games on the Xbox One anymore then. I think that's the second one to skip it. I guess it's not surprising, though

Been playing the original Onimusha game today. I wish they'd make another one of those. Seems like another great franchise Capcom forgot.

Nexon And Valhalla Game Studios To Announce A New Game On November 12. November 4, 2015 . 3:30am

Nexon and Valhalla Game Studios, run by Tomonobu Itagaki and other former Tecmo staff,
are announcing a new title on November 12th through a NicoNico Livestream.

Nexon and Valhalla Game Studios, run by Tomonobu Itagaki and other former Tecmo staff, are announcing a new title on November 12th through a NicoNico Livestream.

While we have no clues as to what kind of game they plan on announcing, the livestream will feature guests including various celebritis, Tomohide Kato of Nexon, and Tomonobu Itagaki who previously worked on Devil’s Third with Valhalla Game Studios.

Read more stories about Nexon & Valhalla Game Studios on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Industry
The Game Awards 2015 set for December 3
Published 3 hours ago. 15 comments.

To be hosted at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

TGA2015-Dec-3.jpg

This year’s The Game Awards will be held in Los Angeles on December 3 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET at the Microsoft Theater, host Geoff Keighley announced.

Verizon go90 is one of the event’s sponsors. The Game Awards will stream free around the world via go90, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, and TheGameAwards.com. Go90 viewers will see additional exclusive shoulder programming and content before and after the show. Xbox Live, Steam, and PlayStation Network will each offer special Game Awards Sales.

“2015 has been a blockbuster year for gaming, and now, with the help of go90, we are going to take The Game Awards to the next level,” said Keighley. “This year we plan to put fans at the center of the show – and give them special opportunities to interact with us by using their gaming consoles, mobile devices and computers.”

This year’s advisory board for the event includes:

• Activision (Eric Hirshberg, CEO)
  • Electronic Arts (Peter Moore, COO)
  • Hideo Kojima
  • Microsoft Xbox (Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox)
  • Nintendo of America (Reggie Fils-Aime, President)
  • Rockstar Games
  • Sony Computer Entertainment America (Shawn Layden, CEO)
  • Telltale Games (Steve Allison, SVP Publishing)
  • Ubisoft (Yves Guillemot, CEO)
  • Valve
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (David Haddad, President)
Tickets will go on sale this Thursday, November 12.

More information is due out in the coming weeks.

Last year’s The Game Awards saw a number of new announcements and trailers, including the first gameplay fotoage of The Legend of Zelda for Wii U, the debut trailer for Metal Gear Online, the localization announcement of Bandai Namco’s Godzilla game, the announcement of Gone Home developer’s Tacoma, and more. Get the full roundup here.

Watch a teaser for The Game Awards 2015 below.

[YT]Ay5-bpkbLhQ[/YT]

Read More

Industry, Clips, Geoff Keighley, Teasers, The Game Awards 2015, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Don't you have to have a Samsung phone to use that, though?

yeah it's that one but I've been hearing alot of good stuff with that one.this put up yesterday as well

Are gamers too cheap for VR?

November 10, 2015 197 Comments

A new report by research firm GreenlightVR says that only 11 percent of people are willing to pay the projected $1000 entry fee to get started with virtual reality gaming in 2016.
The $1000 figure factors in the cost of a PC that will power hardware like the Oculus Rift, though the company says that roughly 60 percent of those surveyed would not pay more than $400 for a VR headset. Other data points include the fact that racing game enthusiasts are the most excited to try VR, followed by action gamers and sports gamers.
The survey also says that minorities are more interested in VR than whites, which the authors chalk up to the fact that older age groups aren’t as ethnically diverse as their younger counterparts. You can pick up GreenlightVR’s full 134-page report when it goes on sale tomorrow, if you fancy spending $795 to read it.Read more

Via : Massivelyop.com/
Sources: Gamasutra; Fast Company

Last edited:
I know I'm too cheap since if I had $1000 I'd pay off my bills first. :p

Lol, are gamers too cheap, or is VR simply too expensive for most? It's like the media want to really push VR as something to become instantly mainstream, but a lot of tech, the newest thing is generally not something the general public can afford at first. It's going to take a few years, just like HD TV or currently 4K. And it could always be a bit of a flop or niche like 3D. I'm not convinced that it's going to be the revolution they kept telling us it will be.

wow i'm back early from work for a change . ok so I'm just gonna state that not all the gamer news out lets are like this vic of Epn.tv has been talking about this often in his vic's basement video pod case and he stated what you said about it being too expensive currently and I think the review team's with Game trailer's site came to the same conclusion as him as I'm game informer did too. I might leaving some other out I've been working over time alot of late which also added to me posting the news later then usual.

Industry
The Game Awards 2015 nominees announced
Published 13 hours ago. 159 comments.
Metal Gear, Mario Maker, Fallout and more up for Game of the Year.

TGA15-Nominees-Announced.jpg

The Game Awards has announced the categories and nominees for its 2015 show, set to air on December 3 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET.
The awards show will stream live across go90, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Wii U, Steam, Twitch, YouTube, IGN, Polygon, GameSpot, Kotaku, Niconico, and MLG. In addition to awards, it will play host world premieres and musical performances.
Get the promotional trailer and list of nominees below.
[YT]AO4bELTs0p0[/YT]

■ Nominees
Nominees for The Game Awards 2015 are selected by a jury of 32 international media. In some cases, the jury is provided advanced review code of upcoming games in order to meet the Game Awards 2015 judging deadlines. Games must have been commercially released by Tuesday, November 24 to be eligible for awards. eSports nominees were voted on by an advisory panel consisting of eSports media and sites.
■ Jury Voted
Game of the Year

• Bloodborne (Sony Computer Entertainment, From Software)
  • Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami, Kojima Productions)
  • Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, Nintendo EAD Group No. 4)
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Warner Bros., CD Projekt RED)
Developer of the Year

• Bethesda Game Studios
  • CD Projekt RED
  • From Software
  • Kojima Productions
  • Nintendo
Best Independent Game

• Axiom Verge (Tom Happ)
  • Her Story (Sam Barlow)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (Moon Studios)
  • Rocket League (Psyonix)
  • Undertale (Tobyfox)
Best Mobile/Handheld Game

• Downwell (Devolver Digital, Moppin)
  • Fallout Shelter (Bethesdsa Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, Behaviour Interactive)
  • Lara Croft GO (Square Enix, Square Enix Montreal)
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom)
  • Pac-Man 256 (Bandai Namco, Hipster Whale)
Best Narrative

• Her Story (Sam Barlow)
  • Life is Strange (Square Enix, Dontnod Entertainment)
  • Tales from the Borderlands (TellTale Games)
  • Until Dawn (Sony Computer Entertainment, Supermassive Games)
Best Score/Soundtrack

• Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft Studios, 343 Industries)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (Microsoft Studios, Moon Studios)
Best Performance

• Ashly Burch as Chloe Price (Life is Strange)
  • Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider)
  • Doug Cockle as Geralt (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
  • Mark Hamill as The Joker (Batman: Arkham Knight)
  • Viva Seifert (Her Story)
Games for Change

• Cibele (Nina Freeman)
  • Her Story (Sam Barlow)
  • Life is Strange (Square Enix, Dontnod Entertainment)
  • Sunset (Tale of Tales)
  • Undertale (Tobyfox)
Best Shooter

• Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision, Treyarch)
  • Destiny: The Taken King (Activision, Bungie)
  • Splatoon (Nintendo, Nintendo EAD Group No. 2)
  • Star Wars Battlefront (EA, DICE)
Best Action/Adventure

• Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft, Ubisoft Quebec)
  • Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros., Rocksteady Studios)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (Microsoft Studios, Crystal Dynamics)
Best RPG

• Pillars of Eternity (Paradox Interactive, Obsidian Entertainment)
  • Undertale (Tobyfox)
Best Fighting Game

• Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Aksys Games, Arc System Works)
  • Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros., NetherRealm Studios)
  • Rise of Incarnates (Bandai Namco)
  • Rising Thunder (Radiant Entertainment)
Best Family Game

• Disney Infinity 3.0 (Disney Interactive Studios, Avalanche Studios)
  • LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros., Traveller’s Tales)
  • Skylanders: Superchargers (Activision, Beenox Studios, Vicarious Visions)
  • Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, Nintendo EAD Group No. 4)
Best Sports/Racing Game

• FIFA 16 (EA, EA Canada)
  • Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft Studios, Turn 10 Studios)
  • NBA 2K16 (2K Sports, Visual Concepts)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (Konami, PES Productions)
Best Multiplayer

• Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision, Treyarch)
  • Destiny: The Taken King (Activision, Bungie)
Best Art Direction

• Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros., Rocksteady Studios)
■ Fan’s Choice (Vote Now)
eSports Game of the Year

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision, Sledgehammer Games)
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve)
  • DOTA 2 (Valve)
  • Hearthstone (Blizzard Entertainment)
  • League of Legends (Riot Games)
Best Fan Creation

Trending Gamer

• Christopher “Montecristo” Mykles
  • Greg Miller
  • Markiplier
  • Pewdiepie
  • Total Biscuit
eSports Team of the Year

• Evil Geniuses
  • Fnatic
  • Optic Gaming
  • SK Telecom T1
  • Team Solomid
eSports Player of the Year

• Kenney “Kenneys” Schrub (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Team EnVyUs)
  • Lee “Faker” Sang-Hyeok (League of Legends, SK Telecom T1)
  • Olof “Olofmeister” Kajbjer (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Fnatic)
  • Peter “PPD” Dager (DOTA 2, Evil Geniuses)
  • Syed Sumail “SUMA1L” Hassan (DOTA 2, Evil Geniuses)
Most Anticipated Game

• Horizon: Zero Dawn (Sony Computer Entertainment, Guerrilla Games)
  • No Man’s Sky (Hello Games)
  • Quantum Break (Microsoft, Remedy Entertainment)
  • The Last Guardian (Sony Computer Entertainment, genDesign)
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (Sony Computer Entertainment, Naughty Dog)

Read More

Industry, Clips, The Game Awards 2015, Trailers

source: Gematsu

I hate that Action and Adventure are lumped into the same category bc they represent two different genres. There should have been a separate Adventure title to allow titles like Until Dawn, Tales from the Borderlands and Life is Strange to get recognition. I guess at least they show up for best narrative

Battlefront got nominated based on a beta?

Im not sure how I feel about these "awards"

I know Geoff Keighley is producing them, but he's been known to be a shill for the AAA developers in the past

I vote for MGSV as Game of the Year. :ninja:

I've yet to play Fallout, Bloodbourne and Witcher, but I would chose MGSV over Mario Maker. I like Mario Maker, but it's hard for me to think of level editors as proper games, and most of the issues with MGSV I found to be highly, highly overblown by people. If Fallout and Bloodbourne are like their predecessors, I doubt I would like them as much as MGSV, and I don't have a huge interest in Witcher 3. MGSV would probably be a solid pick for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"