The Gaming Lounge: Beyond

Why is my single player and multiplayer content MISSING from my copy of Modern Warfare 2?

Why can't I just play the mother ****ing game?

Yeah, MW2 discs are pretty much dummy discs.

What a waste of Blu-ray discs, plastic and other resources...

And the menu looks like a ****ing advertising blitzkrieg. To play the actual game I have to navigate all the way to the bottom of the menu. It honestly looks atrocious.

Coming off of Black Ops 3 I'm just shocked at how awful the menu looks.

For a long time, I had wanted to play the Metroid series. Missed out on it as a kid, and wanted to give it a go. Super Metroid most specifically I wanted to play. I was more interested in the 2D games than the 3D ones. But man, this series on 2D is sadly so scattershot! Mainly on handheld consoles no less. I never bought a GBA or 3DS, and at this point just playing Fusion, Zero Mission, or Samus Returns was out. I could do Metroid for NES, but I was more interested in Zero Mission over it and I long lost my gameboy ages so to the storage monster, so I couldn't do Metroid II that way either.

So I opted to forgo the chronological method for now and just play Super Metroid on my Switch through Switch online. Man, do I regret missing out on this one. I was glued to my Switch for days! One of the best games I ever played, but it is frustrating that Zero Mission, Samus Returns, and Fusion are not available via Switch. I would buy Switch ports outright if they did them. I could play Dread, but that's it for now. I may play the Prime series somewhere down the road, but my hope is to either get a cheap GBA/3DS or Nintendo adds them in the near future. Last Nintendo Console I bought before Switch was N64. I have mostly been a Playstation dude since then. But the handheld consoles I was just never a huge collector of. Wishing I had em now lol
Yeah it’s a proper classic series. Glad to see you catching up. I’ve also been light on Nintendo hardware for a long while. Regret missing out on N64 in particular.

****ty commercial menu aside. I am loving the multiplayer in MW2. The guns play smoothly. I'm getting way more kills than I did in Black Ops III. In one match I got 22 kills. Love it.

Just a shame that they don't have some simple multiplayer trophies. Which is ironic as once I finally got into COD multiplayer, there's no trophies.

****ty commercial menu aside. I am loving the multiplayer in MW2. The guns play smoothly. I'm getting way more kills than I did in Black Ops III. In one match I got 22 kills. Love it.

Just a shame that they don't have some simple multiplayer trophies. Which is ironic as once I finally got into COD multiplayer, there's no trophies.
Is it up near your favourite CoDs then?

I think some of the CoDs I did only had multiplayer achievements/trophies for getting to prestige level 1. Probably not remembering properly though as that’s
always the one that stuck out and where I usually stopped playing.

Is it up near your favourite CoDs then?

I think some of the CoDs I did only had multiplayer achievements/trophies for getting to prestige level 1. Probably not remembering properly though as that’s
always the one that stuck out and where I usually stopped playing.

Well the MP of the new MW is great. Not crazy about the single player mode. Though you should know I'm coming in after playing Black Ops III for 2 months straight. Black Ops 3 had very cool gun customization and character customization in the campaign. And neat unlockable for the guns. It was nice having incentive to play through the campaign multiple times for different things.

In MW2 it's back to what it use to be. A single player mode that's there because it has to be.

Last edited:
Do many of you spend £70 for new games regularly and not sell them on when you're done? I think good games are worth that compared to what I used to pay as a kid for much less content but it's not affordable too often given the quantity of games I play compared to back then. I only do that with must haves now, otherwise wait till much cheaper.

Pretty much every game I have ever owned I still own. Going back to the NES.

Pretty much every game I have ever owned I still own. Going back to the NES.
Cool. I gave everything away prior to the 360 gen a few years ago. Just ran out of space for everything. Also while I love retro stuff, the number of times I actually went to the effort of booting them up was hardly ever. I much prefer them to be BC on future consoles/pc so I can have everything in one place rather than wires all over the place. Unfortunately lack of space beat out nostalgia for the old hardware.

I guess I was also asking if people can afford £/$/€70 a game and buy new games regularly without selling them on to get some money back when done. I would usually buy when things are older unless absolutely must have. Usually I'm happy to wait on nearly anything that isn't coop (and needs to be bought when friends play it) as I have a 16 year backlog to catch up on anyway.

Posting here as these must-have accessories should fit other controllers too.

Crazy to think that a game as awesome as GoW: Ragnarok is still a cross-gen game. We could be getting some very good games in the next few years as this gen matures.

Stalker 2 trailer is out in case anyone interested ( didn’t link due to content).

Also been having a nostalgia blast with Unreal Tournament 3 before its server shut in a few weeks.

Apple is introducing a new mixed-reality headset ("Vision Pro") that you control using your eyes, hands, and voice. Working with Unity to bring popular Unity apps and games to Vision Pro. Only downside, $3,499 starting price!

Any hardware that Apple releases in the last 5 to 8 years is just unreasonably pricey.

Games publishers/devs should take a look at how even decent GAAS games (IMO) are shutting down like Knockout City, Battleborn, Gundam Evolution and Rumbleverse (didn’t play that one as much as right near shutdown). Not surprised if worse ones are struggling. It’s not easy to create things that people want to play long term and that find enough people willing to pay for microtansactions continuously to support them for years. Feels a bit like streaming, a golden goose that’s now seeing too much competition to be viable for any except the top ones.

After 4 years and over a thousand hours played, I finally platinumed both Monster Hunter World and Iceborne.

finished-elijah-wood.gif

After 4 years and over a thousand hours played, I finally platinumed both Monster Hunter World and Iceborne.

finished-elijah-wood.gif
Great effort lad! That’s an impressive one to complete. I had no idea you were into it, extra cool points heading your way. :cwink:

Monster Hunter World is one of the few games I bought, I couldn't get into. I stopped playing it after 2 days and that rarely happens to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"