The Gifted The Gifted General Discussion

I'm still catching up with the show and enjoy it... I'm still in the I'd rather have the family on the run, or the mutant resistance, I still don't feel the two are blending well together.

Dust would be called Pixie Dust then as I doubt we would see her entire body moving in dust form in every episode. Most likely youd see small dust but not like in the comics. Look at how Polaris' powers look like, her energy blasts are bigger in the comics.

Dust would be called Pixie Dust then as I doubt we would see her entire body moving in dust form in every episode. Most likely youd see small dust but not like in the comics. Look at how Polaris' powers look like, her energy blasts are bigger in the comics.

Then she wouldn't really be Dust. I'll take a pass. :(

Elixir, Mercury, Surge, Rockslide, Hellion, Wallflower, Tag, Prodigy, Dust, Icarus, Wind Dancer, Wither, Anole, Pixie, Wolf Cub, Ink, Gentle, Loa, Trance, Squid Boy, Bling, Onyx, Changeling, Neal Shaara, Maggott, Slipstream, Lifeguard, Omega Sentinel, Stacy X and Trinary to name a few... They could use any of them.and I don't mind if they don't feature them in the films.

Yea perfect choices. Just the right level of fame to not be missed in a movie, but enough fan appeal to get excited to see them on the show.

Though Generation X like M, Husk, Chamber and the rest should be saved in a film.
Could another teen group work when New Mutants already exists though? I guess they could go the more young adult route to contrast the horror from New Mutants.

I feel like for season 2, they need to move from the Strucker Family, Diaz and Turner. Then have Sage, Thunderbird, Polaris and Blink cross path withanother mutant group.

If not a version of Gen X I'd be down to see there version of X-factor clash with The Mutant Underground.

The X-factor I grew up reading were a government sponsored group with Forge, Havok, Strong guy, Multiple man and of course Polaris.

The concept of government mutants is an idea I really hope get's explored in tv or movies at some point.

Men in Black meets the X-men. Who wouldn't want to see that? :cool:

I didn't say a Generation X film should be made. But characters like Synch, Skin could be use as minor characters in films instead of d listers like Teenage Negasonic Warhead who has no business appearing in a film.

And I prefer X-Factor to be featured in a film.

Eh. So you'd be fine with a X-Men movie with "made up for Films characters" as the lead protagonists and antagonist? Good thing, Fox hasn't made that move in any of the films yet so as DC/Marvel with most of their own shows. And this show seems to took it to the eXtreme by relying much on made up for TV characters. This is not even a Harley Quinn, X-23 and Spyke scenario and I doubt the Struckers, Turner, Wes, Carmen and Marcos Diaz so as the Legixn characters would show up in the comics after this.

And there is a difference between the comics and the adaptations. Comics are the source material. TV and films aren't. If Fox wants to create new characters, then do that for another show and not in a X-MEN TV show. Anyway, I think for Fox, they see this show as a second citizen, its just an extra profit for them and they are saving the bigger names in the films and don't care if the shows use made up for characters and it's not a failure of this would cost them big time, it won't. But IMO, they could have used this platform to bring spotlight to the hundreds of c to d listers that wouldn't show up in the films.

Yes they are all equal, as every writer is just taking the general concept that mutants with different powers exist and then applying it to the story they envision, and in this case, with a mix of original, and established characters, and that's okay. Speaking of Legion, that show is composed of almost entirely original characters and that show is amazing, so again the fact that original characters are brought in with major roles is not an issue.

I also would be fine with an entirely original cast in an x-universe based movie, but that is neither here nor there as this isn't the case with the Gifted due to the healthy mix of established and original characters both of whom get a good amount of the spotlight.

I didn't say a Generation X film should be made. But characters like Synch, Skin could be use as minor characters in films instead of d listers like Teenage Negasonic Warhead who has no business appearing in a film.

And I prefer X-Factor to be featured in a film.

You got to do whatever serves the story best. I can't see how Synch or Skin could have fulfilled the role of emo teen with explosive powers.

Fanboys are a surprisingly small part of the audience. People like me and you would get a kick out of seeing Skin on screen, but it would have added nothing to the story. Just fan service that please a minority of viewers.

When it comes to smaller co star roles, I don't mind creative liberties being taken.

Last edited:
Well tnw was only used so Deadpool could make fun of her name, though her role was originally for Cannonball.

And of course, even if use Snych or Skin, they should be a good reason for it.

December 4 - Episode 9
December 11 - Episode 10
January 8- Episode 11
January 15 - Episode 12/13

image.jpg

Is it not getting renewed?

Variety already said recently that the show is on the path to getting renewed.

DOzNAsRVwAA_b7f.jpg:large

Marvelrobbins is mostly being doom and gloom under the presumption that if/when Disney purchases Fox, that literally every single X-production, including those Marvel has a hand in, like Legion and The Gifted, would come to an automatic stop. I'm sure that'd be fine for some people, I guess if you're someone like psy, but these projects don't just halt.

Furthermore, the cast just had a wrap party. But yeah, it's just dark clouds because apparently if the deal is finalized, never mind all the details that would have to be worked, guessing robbins believes everything is just scrapped automatically.

for starters the sale is going to happen.

secondly you really think once fox is no more marvel will want to produce tv shows not in mcu?

gifted with legion are in seperate universes from both each other and both mcu and x-men cinematic universe.that goes against marvel method

plus ins tyle and tone it is closer to x-men original trilogy than mcu.that is no no.then fact it has been primly produced by fox.

Donner is main producer on gifted after nix well she will be gone from both fims and tv shows.

clone wars was axed once lucasfilm was brought it will likely be same here.

season has wraped production.of course all of this season airs but 20century fox film and tv will have long since be absorbed into disney come may when new tv season Is announced

What are you even talking about? Disney can't buy Fox TV. The Gifted and Legion will remain. Also, you must stop your hysterics.

Fox the television studio and the Fx networks and its studios are up for sale as well. Fox broadcasting company isn't.

for starters the sale is going to happen.

secondly you really think once fox is no more marvel will want to produce tv shows not in mcu?

gifted with legion are in seperate universes from both each other and both mcu and x-men cinematic universe.that goes against marvel method

plus ins tyle and tone it is closer to x-men original trilogy than mcu.that is no no.then fact it has been primly produced by fox.

Donner is main producer on gifted after nix well she will be gone from both fims and tv shows.

clone wars was axed once lucasfilm was brought it will likely be same here.

season has wraped production.of course all of this season airs but 20century fox film and tv will have long since be absorbed into disney come may when new tv season Is announced

Clone Wars is a bad example for you to use, as although it ended, it’s considered totally canon and even the new show makes references to it and characters from it pop up.

Donner is a friend of Feige, gave him his “in” on all this and is still on good terms with him, I doubt she is going anywhere, people are just going crazy.

I mean, for all that it matters, doesn't all of Marvel's show not in the MCU?

And either Runaways or Cloak & Dagger are supposed to be out of it either, explicitly.

Isn't it ironic that Bryan Singer's last official directing credit is the episode of The Gifted titled 'eXposed'?? I hate to see these people I idolized being exposed as less than ideal human beings, but that's karma...

Isn't it ironic that Bryan Singer's last official directing credit is the episode of The Gifted titled 'eXposed'?? I hate to see these people I idolized being exposed as less than ideal human beings, but that's karma...
I hadn't even thought about that. Yes. That's karma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"