The Guns thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanos

Thanos Well-Known Member

Yet, a "pack of wanna-be-bad-ass nits armed with assault rifles" in the middle east have been doing a decent job against the world's largest army while being bombarded by air strikes. They also pushed the Soviet Union back out of their lands armed with "assault" rifles.

2. STINGRAY

STINGRAY Well-Known Member

We are not talking about troops in a foreign land where the terrain, the culture and the language are against them, this is a hypothetical take-over of the U.S. BY the U.S Government...and no 'well-armed militia' is going to be able to stand against a full-on military take-over..IF one were to happen....

Which is ridiculous anyway..

U.S Troops going rifle-to-rifle with U.S. Citizens would be a tough sell to U.S. Troops, who after all...are U.S. Citizens, too !

Even if the case were to be made for anything more than a limited Ruby Ridge-style debacle, the conspiracy scenario of a mass take-over at gunpoint would be logistically untenable without weapons of mass destruction being involved.

Assault rifles are pop-guns by comparison.

3. DeadPresident

DeadPresident Well-Known Member

Yeah...while being illegally funded with tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars in equipment and ordinance. Guerrilla warfare is a bad example on home soil since the US government possesses perfect information on all fronts.

4. STINGRAY

I`ll also add that --in my own experience--every shooter with an assault rifle that I have ever met was A LOUSY SHOT.

That itchy trigger finger just keeps squeezing, with little-to-no attention to actual accuracy, pumping out rounds... until their mag is dry.

Sloppy. :whatever:

Forget assault rifles...Just LEARN TO SHOOT.

5. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

For ME, why i feel we should be allowed AR's, is that it should NOT be up to others to dictate to ME (or anyone else) what sort of firearms i should or shouldn't be allowed to own..

And since the NRA promotes proper gun safety and training, i would feel you and others would be more in FAVOR of the NRA..

6. STINGRAY

I used to belong to the NRA...

Then they became more about rabidly pushing political agendas with a ranting, screeching voice and a lock-step mentality...

It should NOT be up to others to dictate to ME (or anyone else) what sort of people I should vote for, or what businesses I should patronize.

No... I cannot support the Nazi Riflemen Of America.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I watch a lot of Vice pieces on the battles in the middle east. The idea that all they have are assault rifles would be ludicrous.

8. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Hunting i can see. BUT home defense? With the Muzzle velocity of AR's, they aer IMO too powerful for home defense, as you can get rounds going through walls, and into Neighbours houses..

Seeing how history is rife though, with instances of the population getting disarmed then getting taken over by a tyrannical govt, i say its stupid to NOT pay attention to history.

You assume the military would willingly get involved in any such attempted govt take over of the population..

Do they? How do they have 'perfect' information? DO they know who all lives where?? With the consistent chatter about "WE don't know who the illegals are and where" it certainly doesn't sound like it.
    And not every state requires people to register their guns, ergo again they won't have perfect info on who has what..

Of those few people i personally know with AR's, two routinely hit the ranges (Twice a year), to keep their military qual level up. One still IS in the mil, and so keeps getting training (he owns one personally as well, and does his own range time too).. Only a hand full DON'T do any range time on their own, so they might be lousy shots..

So yo are not ok then with YOUR tax money going to planned parenthood, who then turns around and spends millions on JUST ONE party's political agenda??

And to ME< someone who calls them Nazis of America, is obviously unwilling to ever hear anything else but what he's already made up in his own mind..

9. STINGRAY

--You must have missed the part wherein I stated that I USED TO BE IN THE NRA....
    Therefore, this is an informed decision--also, a personal one--and thus not subject to value determination by your own agenda-driven bias.

Oh--and that was NAZI RIFLEMEN OF AMERICA, not just 'Nazis of America'..

Pay attention if you want to throw rocks at my opinions..it makes it slightly harder for me to refute your erroneous conclusions.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Well-Known Member

Purely devil's-advocate here (the militia types are morons), but it's not like the U.S. military hasn't been fought to a standstill by a motivated insurgency oh, twice in recent years.

5 million NRA members, probably another 60-70-80 million of the populace with at least certain sympathies/agreement on parts of what they're talking about.

That ain't nothin'. Assuming some hypothetical crazy tyranical regime wanted to actually rule over a populace and not just wipe them all out with blanket bombing, they're going to have a hard time. Urban street-to-street fighting, even when better armed, is pretty much a nightmare situation.

Of course, it's never gonna happen, so yeah...

11. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

The Maine Republican Congressional candidate has apologized and deleted his Twitter for calling Emma Gonzalez a skinhead lesbian and saying she wasn’t a survivor because she was in a different part of the school

12. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Hey, remember that "brilliant" idea of arming teachers with guns? Teacher accidentally fires gun and injures student during safety lesson. Yeah.

13. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Just cause of one dumb****, being an idiot, does not mean we shouldn't arm teachers or have guards in schools with guns.

14. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

So, a school in my state went into "lockdown" in order to keep students from doing a walkout.

Disgraceful.

15. STINGRAY

Problem is, there is always going to be ANOTHER "dumb****", there is never just "one".

Surely a learned student of history, (such as yourself) should be aware of that.

Oh, by the way--check the news--we`re up to TWO "dumb****"s now.

16. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Trained officers is one thing, we have men and women from the Sheriff's Department at each of our schools, armed teachers is a far different thing.

17. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

That is the most dumb ass thing I have heard in awhile. Most of these walk outs were for 17 minutes. My school is on Spring Break, as are many, but seriously.....let them walk out for the 17 minutes, and then move on with the day. Good grief....

18. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I don't get the message some of these school are trying to send to these kids when they do stuff like that.

I saw that a superintendent basically threatening kids with 3 day suspension if they walked out and this genius didn't even seem to realize his schools were on spring break at the time.

19. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

It's insane, because they didn't know if there was an incident or not. A whole lot more students promptly sat in front of the office for 17 minutes. We will see how they handle the next one planned on April 20th.

Sam Bee just had a clip of a school official trying to stop a student from giving a speech because "the gathering wasn't right for politics, it was about unity". Talk about ignorant.

20. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

.....:huh:

That happened?

21. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Isn't the school legally responsible for the safety of all the students during school time? If so, and those kids did walk out and then somehow got injured, who'd do you think would be getting the blame? Perhaps the school?

So by that illogic, just cause we will always have some dumb ****s who drive drunk, or high, or distracted while texting, lets do away with the laws against it..

22. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

23. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

24. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

And if that dumba** had just been an idiot in your child's classroom and gotten your kid shot, you're still cool with arming dumba**es and putting them in classrooms?

This is a simple yes or no question. Please keep your response to a single word answer.

25. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

Let me reinforce something: Dennis Alexander, who is Seaside City's mayor pro tem and a reserve officer with the Sand City Police Department, was teaching a lesson at Seaside High School in Seaside, California when he pointed his gun into the ceiling and accidentally fired it, said Abdul Pridgen, the city's police chief.

Yes, this guy was only a reserve officer but I'm going out on a limb and assuming even a reserve officer has had fire arms training and experience. And he still managed to fire off his gun in a classroomwith children in it.

And this isn't even the first time. "I'm the only one in this room, professional enough that I know of, to carry this glock 40." Promptly shoots himself.

[YT]QNa5n2I_DUw[/YT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.