The Flash The Iris West/Candice Patton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and by the way I also said back then too they have characters from a place called "dc" which is for >>>detective comic's <<< which is shameful.

That's something you should live up to and the live action tv writers are screwing it up seriously in that they don't know how to approach that. that's not right when you think about this. It's not, it's shameful <<very, that it hasn't registered that these character should have that skill.

Last edited:
Iris has been a CINO since the pilot. Unless the writers plan something gradually to make up for lost time she's pretty much remaining a sitting duck.

Considering that they missed a prime opportunity for Iris to do actual reporting in the crossover episode, what with her being at the source and potentially nab the scoop of the century, I doubt the writers will do very much for her. Caitlin hadn't had much proper development external to the men in her life either up until this season though (the difference is, though, that Caitlin's always been *useful*), so I'm hoping they turn it around for Iris with her own plotline eventually even if it is overdue.

The erasure of the Iris West-Allen byline is finally an interesting twist though!!! I'm looking forward to see where that takes things.

1482338834TheFlashBarrychangeIris.jpg

Flashpoint had been the start of many problems for Barry Allen in The Flash. But even though we already saw the many repercussions and consequences of time travel.
In a recent interview with TV Line, The Flash co-showrunner Aaron Helbing hinted that Barry may try to save the life of the love of his life.
&#8220;Obviously, Barry loves Iris more than anything, and now that he has gotten a glimpse of the future, the thrust of the back half of the season is Barry trying to do whatever it takes to save her.&#8221;
Helbing further reiterates that the future is &#8220;malleable,&#8221; perhaps even more so now that Barry has another mission to avert what could be the next big disaster for his future.
As if that kind of headache isn&#8217;t enough, Barry also has to contend with the producers&#8217; interest in bringing back Black Flash into the show. According to TV Guide, Black Flash/Zoom actor Teddy Sears has also offered the fact that the writer and producers have been talking about their interest in putting him back into the series.
&#8220;It would be a lot of fun to drop back into that world. We&#8217;ll just have to see if the guys on the other end feel the same way.&#8221;
This isn&#8217;t surprising since one of the exciting villains of the series is Zoom. But what would be interesting is if another speedster can become a sort of antihero, now that Savitar and Dr. Alchemy are in the picture.
The Flash will be back from its winter hiatus on Jan. 24 on The CW.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

source:EPICSTREAM.COM

Iris is fulfilling her role as the damsel in distress. No mention of how they grew this character. The show should just write her off if they don't know what to do with her.

From her Twitter account...certainly not the face of someone in distress..rather she is very very CONFIDENT...Candice is...about her favorite pro football (NFL) team...The Dallas Cowboys. In case you do not know, she is a native of The Lone Star State and during the Christmas and holiday break she decided to pay a visit to AT&T Park or Jerry World (Cowboys owner Jerry Jones) as it's derived as.

C0qHsLEUUAA6Qx1.jpg

The 'Boys beat the Detroit Lions 42-21 on Monday Night Football.

Just throwing it out there but her tweets are pretty damn hilarious. :D

Yeah, Candice is awesome on social media.

I'm like 99.9% sure the writers won't kill off Iris West Allen...but someone else will likely die in her place.

Oh yeah, I'm 100% skeptical of her actually dying. It just wouldn't seem like a good move to kill her off, especially when the character hasn't had a chance to fully live up to her full potential.

And c'mon, Candice is cute as a damn button. How do you kill off someone with a face like that? :ilv:

From her Twitter account...certainly not the face of someone in distress..rather she is very very CONFIDENT...Candice is...about her favorite pro football (NFL) team...The Dallas Cowboys. In case you do not know, she is a native of The Lone Star State and during the Christmas and holiday break she decided to pay a visit to AT&T Park or Jerry World (Cowboys owner Jerry Jones) as it's derived as.

C0qHsLEUUAA6Qx1.jpg

The 'Boys beat the Detroit Lions 42-21 on Monday Night Football.

Yup, loves both superheroes and the Dallas Cowboys. She's awesome!:ilv:

Oh yeah, I'm 100% skeptical of her actually dying. It just wouldn't seem like a good move to kill her off, especially when the character hasn't had a chance to fully live up to her full potential.

Are you willing to handle 3 more seasons of Iris just being Barry's girlfriend?

Yes. I'd rather have that alternative than wasting her character by killing her off.

I'd settle for her just being his girlfriend, as long as she's actually written with some character and humanity. It'd be a step up from the depths of earlier seasons.

Ronnie was a wasted character with massive potential. Iris had that in Season 1, then it went away when she became tied to Barry.

Eh, she only really had potential in the sense that she was utterly unformed. Pretty much the moment she started having plot-space, it was filled with stuff like "Wait, so what *is* her career goal?"

I admit I laughed when she said "so I quit my job?" When exactly did she do her job?

Thanks for the pics. I love how petite she is, so hot.

She's so incredibly stunning. I just wish they'd give her more to do on the show. She's literally just there.

Does any one else feel like the writers have literally run out of ideas for Iris's character? All she does she play the damsel in distress role and whenever they give her something dramatic to do, it always comes off as forced/cliche drama that makes people lose more interest in her.

Does any one else feel like the writers have literally run out of ideas for Iris's character? All she does she play the damsel in distress role and whenever they give her something dramatic to do, it always comes off as forced/cliche drama that makes people lose more interest in her.

You are just realizing this now Lee? They ran out of ideas just when they had made her part of "team Flash". When has there ever been a serious Iris story that dealt with her being a reporter since maybe... Middle of season one? And I wouldn't count that one episode where she tricks Wally into busting that weapons dealer only for her to lose it and go off on how until Savitar kills her she's basically immortal.

That's the thing... They have stuff to play with. Serious, fun... There are things they could be doing on this show with all the characters. They just choose the most milk toast or the most idiotic paths at every turn. But as long as the fans give it a pass by and large...

Yeah, Iris hasn't ever done much of anything even though there are a plethora of story arcs waiting to be told with her. bad place, they could even borrow from Smallville and do an angle where she somehow gets some of Barry's powers temporarily as Lana did from Clark. That'd be far more interesting than pretty much anything they've given her thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"