The Flash The Iris West/Candice Patton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they took forever to figure out the issues with Laurel's character over on Arrow. And then they killed her off just as they were starting to make some progress, which ruined the whole thing.

So no unprecedented I'm afraid.

Well they took forever to figure out the issues with Laurel's character over on Arrow. And then they killed her off just as they were starting to make some progress, which ruined the whole thing.

So no unprecedented I'm afraid.

I don't think that Laurel Lance absence did any damage to Arrow.

On the other hand Iris West should continue to be on every episode of Flash

The point is, it sometimes takes them forever to figure out that the writing for a character isn't working, if they ever do.

If they care to. Pretty sure fans of Arrow missed Katie when they abruptly killed her off.

On June 12th, all the Candice fans I hope will tune in to her appearance on "Who's Line is it Anyway?" For those who don't know, the show consists of a panel of four performers who create characters, scenes, and songs on the spot, in the style of short-form improvisation games.

Found out about Candice's appearance on Zap2It.

Topics for the games are based on either audience suggestions or predetermined prompts from the host, who would set up a game and situation that the performers would improvise.

Aisha Tyler of CBS' The Talk currently hosts this show. Drew Carey, now hosting The Price is Right hosted this in the 90's.

Joining Aisha are regulars Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, and Wayne Brady (who hosts Let's Make A Deal) along with a 4th seat semi-regular.

Two women from Arrow, Katie Cassidy and Emily Bett Rickards appeared. This will be the first time someone from The Flash will appear, with Danielle Panabaker set to show up as well. I hear Candice is a bit of a goofball, so this might work out.

The episode will air on June 12th at 9PM EST on The CW.

Who's Line usually airs in the spring and summer.

That this team would take that long to understand the issues with Iris' character says a lot though.

It definitely does. Between that and the whole Savitar mess, maybe they just need to bring new people on board altogether?

That this team would take that long to understand the issues with Iris' character says a lot though.

It doesn't really. It's a fairly large ensemble cast. And they're tying together a season long plot with shoe strings.

I think the writers on this show suffer too much from writing a story and using the characters to fill tropes. Not the other way around. They don't give their characters enough depth.

You look at brooklyn nine-nine. That show is a phenomenal ensemble. It wouldn't surprise me if they just write stories by taking a couple characters out of a hat and saying "how would these two act in THIS situation".

Since this IS a Candace Patton thread, earlier this week she made an appearance on the comedy improv show Who's Line Is It Anyway, which airs mainly in the summer on the CW.

Here she is in action in a skit called "Living Scenery."

WARNING...it can get a little...naughty (TV14)

NOTE...I threw in the link because the still frame from the YouTube embed would be a bit much for some people's taste.

Joining in are...

Hostess Aisha Tyler

Comedians
Wayne Brady (who also hosts Let's Make A Deal)
Ryan Stiles
Coin Mocherie

Last edited:
Since this IS a Candace Patton thread, earlier this week she made an appearance on the comedy improv show Who's Line Is It Anyway, which airs mainly in the summer on the CW.

Here she is in action in a skit called "Living Scenery."

WARNING...it can get a little...naughty (TV14)

NOTE...I threw in the link because the still frame from the YouTube embed would be a bit much for some people's taste.

Joining in are...

Hostess Aisha Tyler

Comedians
Wayne Brady (who also hosts Let's Make A Deal)
Ryan Stiles
Coin Mocherie

Ugh. Geoblocked from Canada. Lame.

I'm... not familiar with that magazine.

Does it live up to it's name?

Stunning as always. :wow:

Really hopeful Candice will have significantly more to do in the upcoming season. With any luck it'll be the complete reversal of what we've seen from her in the previous seasons. Fingers crossed...

I'm more distracted by the fact that there's a magazine called 'Naked Magazine.'

I actually thought Iris was fine last season. I'm not really sure what people expect from her. She Barry's love interest and eventual wife not a superhero or cop. She was likable, supportive, and didn't do any more stupid things last season than anyone else. Probably the least number of stupid or idiotic things except for maybe Cisco.

I thought she was a bit on the weaker side just for S1 but I don't have any complaints for her other than I wanna see some more of her CCPN happenings.

I like Iris and she was fine to me last season. The only problem I have is that they never let the character have her own story that doesn't involve propping up Barry. She was an extra in her own death story.

I like Iris and she was fine to me last season. The only problem I have is that they never let the character have her own story that doesn't involve propping up Barry. She was an extra in her own death story.

Well it doesn't seem like it will be getting better any time soon. I just read the description for the second episode in Season 4.

They must really have no freaking idea on what to do with Iris other than make her a damsel in distress or a source of unneeded drama that will just end up irritating regular fans.

Seriously, they're going to have her pissed off at Barry for having left her for 6 months in order to stop the Speed Force from destroying the planet?

Grow the **** up Iris.

It's just going to be a revolving door of I told you so with this character.

I actually thought Iris was fine last season. I'm not really sure what people expect from her. She Barry's love interest and eventual wife not a superhero or cop. She was likable, supportive, and didn't do any more stupid things last season than anyone else. Probably the least number of stupid or idiotic things except for maybe Cisco.

I think the problem is that she's mostly in the way and doesn't add a hell of a lot to the proceedings. You look at shows like Smallville with Lois and how she was either apart of the main story or had her own side-story and wasn't ever in the way.

While I like Patton as Iris, I just feel like most of the time she's relegated to standing around and looking good and not much else.

Only they brought Lois into the show Season 3-4 with a plan in mind. It was Lana who was in the way and Iris is most definitely a Lana copycat. She isn't even passionate about Journalism, she was introduced as "finding it boring." In no way is she comparable to Lois in Smallville. She remains a function, not a character. Patton is forever miscast.

It doesn't help that Barry has had better chemistry with basically every single other girlfriend or potential girlfriend than with his Designated Love Interest. Which is not really Patton's fault, its just, the role has zero writing spark.

Yup and attraction is mutual. It's not just writing, it's something physical, emotional and romantic that you can't fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"