Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Mace Dolex said:
I gotta say as a casual Iron Man fan I've avoided all spoilers and can only speculate from flipping through the children's books and the few Lego sets, so here's what I'm thinking.

- Mandarin is the main villian (no surprise there)
- Guy Pearce plays some shady businessman (like I said I avoided spoilers)
- Tony's beachside home gets destroyed
- Tony's manages to salvage one IM armor suit
- he walks along the snow in defeat and befriends a kid
- War Machine starts sporting red, white & blue colors

- Pepper gets her own armor suit
- Tony does more modifications to the IM suit and yadda yadda yadda saves the day at the end.

Again I'm just filling in the blanks with my own thoughts that the anticipation can't come any closer.
I think I pretty much guessed right on a few things without having to read spoilers, I just hate how movie trailers tell you the whole movie in 2-3 minutes.

Sitting in theater right now, waiting for it to start......very excited!
Enjoy! :D Don't forget to stay through the credits and watch the scene at the end!

Considering how self-contained in tone and stand-alone Iron Man 3 set out to be, I don't know why people are worried about the rest of Phase Two because they didn't like this film.

The only thing I took away from this film that could happen in other films is bigger risks from Marvel.

I am worried about the rest of the of the phase two movies based on how Iron Man 3 turned on.

I hear ya man! The trust I had in them with the fantastic previous 6 movies is all but wiped out now. Especially with that Hack working with them now. Hope Taylor, the russo's and gunn put their touch on our favorite characters and stories but with a tad more intelligence and respect to what has come before. No ones asking for literal translations but a sincere amalgamation of seperate storylines creating new yet faithful stories would be appreciated. I mean that's what the first six did. If I want brand new stories and spins on these characters.....that's what the comics are for.

I hear ya man! The trust I had in them with the fantastic previous 6 movies is all but wiped out now. Especially with that Hack working with them now. Hope Taylor, the russo's and gunn put their touch on our favorite characters and stories but with a tad more intelligence and respect to what has come before. No ones asking for literal translations but a sincere amalgamation of seperate storylines creating new yet faithful stories would be appreciated. I mean that's what the first six did. If I want brand new stories and spins on these characters.....that's what the comics are for.

Shane Black, creator of Lethal Weapon... total hack, definitely.

Also, how dare there be CHANGE in a CBM! What a mockery!

Especially with that Hack working with them now.

How many million dollar screenplays have you sold again?

Shane Black, creator of Lethal Weapon... total hack, definitely.

Also, how dare there be CHANGE in a CBM! What a mockery!

Before Iron Man 3: Marvel makes formulaic, unoriginal popcorn flicks that never try anything new! Boo! :cmad:

After Iron Man 3: Marvel makes too many changes to the source material and didn't stick close enough to the formula! Boo! :cmad:

So goes the way of the fanboy.

OMG!!! I just saw Ironman 3 and that movie was terrible. I just can't believe it. How do you @#%$ up everything that the Avengers got right about Ironman.

The Manderin was hot ga-bage. I though he was going to be this super evil villian and the twist would make him out to be the tool but when the twist happened it was pure slapstick. O.O

It's like Marvel was saying FU to there fans. They didn't even show the Thor the Dark World Trailer before the movie.

Last edited:

So you're going to give up all the "faith" you supposedly have from the last six movies all because you didn't like the seventh one, huh?

That's some "faith" you've got there :dry:

OMG!!! I just saw Ironman 3 and that movie was terrible. I just can't believe it. How do you @#%$ up everything that the Avengers got right about Ironman.
I would love if you could elaborate on that statement, please. For me, Tony in IM3 was the same guy he was in the other films. In fact, IM3 brought him back to his IM1 roots, where he's a snarky *****e who also has a heart, and isn't afraid to get emotional. The character trajectory in this film is the direct result of The Avengers, and to me it felt like a natural progression. I'd love to understand how they messed up "everything that the Avengers got right."

The Manderin was hot ga-bage. I though he was going to be this super evil villian and the twist would make him out to be the tool but when the twist happened it was pure slapstick. O.O

It's like Marvel was saying FU to there fans. They didn't even show the Thor the Dark World Trailer before the movie.

lol.

I would love if you could elaborate on that statement, please. For me, Tony in IM3 was the same guy he was in the other films. In fact, IM3 brought him back to his IM1 roots, where he's a snarky *****e who also has a heart, and isn't afraid to get emotional. The character trajectory in this film is the direct result of The Avengers, and to me it felt like a natural progression. I'd love to understand how they messed up "everything that the Avengers got right."

This film feels like someone made there own Ironman movie and then through in some Avengers references because he had too.

I would love to see the detractors write a treatment for what they thought IM3 should've been.

Int, Mandarin's Lair, night

Stark

"Hey you guy, what are you doing with my girlfriend?"

Pepper

"Oh Tony HELP!"

She faints dead away.

Mandarin

"The same thing I'm going to do to you, big boy!"

Mandarin start firing ring lasers at Tony. PEWPEWPEW!​

Stark

Pepper

"Oh Tony HELP!"

She faints dead away.

Mandarin

OMG LAZARS!!!

:oldrazz:

Stark

Pepper

"Oh Tony HELP!"

She faints dead away.

Mandarin

Mandarin
ALSO THANOS! AHAHAHAHA!​

This is what me, my friend, and random audience members where doing though out the entire movie.
tumblr_lrs96a0pSz1r3v6f2o1_500.gif

Neat. My sold out Imax crowd was enjoying every minute of it. So yeah there's that.

One thing I've noticed about these big event comic book releases is that the people who dislike the movie go out of their way to make their points heard and become very annoying about it. Not saying it is anyone here, but it's like they try to badger people into feeling the same way they do because they were upset about it.

Stark

Pepper

"Oh Tony HELP!"

She faints dead away.

Mandarin

Wow, just look at what we COULD'VE gotten! :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online