Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

It's very difficult to get 90% of people to agree on anything. Even moreso with an over-the-top CGI action movie. Batman Begins 'only' has a 85% for the record. Wrap your head around that one.

And it was the worst film in the trilogy.

I swear to God, if I ever become a director and receive the awesome honor of directing a mainstream comic book movie...the last ****ing thing I'm doing is coming onto internet boards.

Because you can't please everyone. And so many people act like babies when what they THINK is their baby, is taken from their grasp and altered.

This idea of audience ownership is quite accurate.

People were spoiled by the Avengers now everybody wants every Marvel solo movie that comes after it to be as epic as The Avngers was. Sorry folks, it just won't happen.The Avengers will only be topped by the sequel,no argument there :)

Anone pissed at the twist should learn to let go, jeez -_- I didn't see anyone *****ing when Nolan made Bane a ***** ass whipped love sick puppy dog and Talia the main villain...My God,were people actually expecting Sir Bengsley to be doing backflips and martial arts in this movie,honestly people lol xD

Downey earning his Avengers 2 paycheck?

Maybe he gets $100 million for Avengers 2 when all is said and done ;) .

Hmm, what looks like unused concepts for the opening and ending credits for the film?

[YT]YfTH5okQL5c[/YT]

Last edited:
I like the ending credits montage of the trilogy with the music that we got in the final cut of the film much better.

Yeah, it felt like closing a chapter.

Im in love with the end credit sequence. It felt like seeing a saturday morning cartoon from the old days. It was awesome.

I like the ending credits montage of the trilogy with the music that we got in the final cut of the film much better.
I love a couple of the ones posted, but I agree with you. The music is so much fun, and the way it subtly offers hints of IM1's score (still the best of the series and the only one to give Iron Man a real theme, in my opinion) was pretty awesome.

I did not care for the song they selected for the end credits, and felt that the montage was useless, if they are proceeding with a fourth film. If is to be a self enclosed trilogy, that is fine, but with the murmurings of a fourth film, it felt stapled on. I liked the end credits for the first film better.

Man I really loved that movie, didn't see the twist coming cuz I haven't been on the boards lately but I thought that **** was EPIC!

This added to my feeling that it is a bad movie. Everyone in my showing was overly negative. Crowd booed at the end credit scene, Some guys called it "s--tty" outloud and they got applause, no one said a thing afterwards. Usually, I'm used to some cheers and excitement at Marvel midnight showings. Absolutely zero this time. Just awkward silence.

How do you know the applause wasn't for the movie? Or to counteract the guys being *****ebags? And how do you know what the booing at the end credits was for? Most fans were looking for an end-credits that hinted at the next movie, not another shawarma-like non sequitur.

I caught a matinee earlier, and I have a few theories. I can't post a new thread yet, so I'll post here. Here goes!

Iron Man 3 is more connected to the greater MCU than Marvel would have us believe. Here's why!

The Mandarin is totally coming back.

We see Killian!Mandarin show off his regeneration abilities. They generally don't do things in these films for no reason. They wanted us to know he has a healing factor. He'll revive.

We're getting the true rings down the line.

CA-19882_R.jpg

Notice that Killian!Mandarin has an ornate ring on his right ring finger? In the comics, each ring of the Mandarin has a power. That particular ring (according to http://http://marvel.com/universe/Mandarin's_Rings) is his disintegration beam. We don't see a beam, per se, but we do see Killian!Mandarin cause an object's (armor's) cohesion to fall apart. That can be explained by Extremis, sure, but I think it could be a little nod to the alien rings.

The Mandarin was working with somebody (or something) with a connection to the cosmos.

The universe in the brain scene was definitely the same imagery we've seen in the past. Is he working with/for Thanos? Perhaps. Could it be the Red Skull (aka the guy that got teleported to that place)? Also a definite possibility. After all, AIM is a HYDRA offshoot in the comics.

That whole brain thing itself is important.

That empty slot is a huge part of this universe. What happens when it's filled? You get superpowers. Think about. Extremis was an attempt to fill that slot. It gave people crazy heat powers. The super soldier serum? I think it also filled the slot. Look at it this way. In CA:TFA, we get the explanation that the serum provides strength, but it also brings out the true qualities of the individual it's used on. That's why the Red Skull has the... well, red skull. That's why the Abomination became an overly aggressive madman. It also ties in with Stark's line in Avengers about how Bruce should have died, but he didn't. The Hulk was a part of him. His gamma experiment filled the slot. Also, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver were likely genetic freaks born with their slots filled. That's a fancy lawyer-friendly way of saying mutant. :yay:

The Man-Thing exists in the MCU, and this movie proves it.

In the movie, Ellen Brandt works for Aim. She's presumably from Florida (where AIM is located in the movie). Her face is scarred.
In the comics, Ellen Brandt works for Aim. She's from Florida. Her face is scarred.
Wanna know how she got those scars? (I swear that wasn't meant to be a Joker reference)
Ted Sallis. The Man-Thing. Her husband. All who know fear burn at the touch of the Man-Thing. The Man-Thing burned her after her betrayal in both continuities.

Tony's keeping tabs on S.H.I.E.L.D.

Early on, Stark has JARVIS check various databases for info on the Mandarin. One of these databases is S.H.I.E.L.D. As Keven Feige said in an interview, Stark isn't "looking for that helicarrier in the sky" in this movie, but there was certainly a S.H.I.E.L.D. presence, as there's been in all of the MCU films.

It's kind of interesting that people are complaining about all of the deviations from the comics in this film. I think that in hindsight we'll see that this film has just as many continuity nods as the other films. They're just subtle. :yay:

How do you know the applause wasn't for the movie? Or to counteract the guys being *****ebags? And how do you know what the booing at the end credits was for? Most fans were looking for an end-credits that hinted at the next movie, not another shawarma-like non sequitur.
Don't you find it amusing he actually went to see the movie after saying he'd basically boycott it and then has nothing but bad things to say about it?

lmao I have been to a lot of films in my day and never heard a crowd boo. I think someone ate too many Embellish-O's for breakfast.

Don't you find it amusing he actually went to see the movie after saying he'd basically boycott it and then has nothing but bad things to say about it?

And what I find absolutely hilarious is that most of the ones I've seen dumping on this movie keep saying that they're going back to see it again. That'll show 'em, Angry Comic Book Nerds. :o

This added to my feeling that it is a bad movie. Everyone in my showing was overly negative. Crowd booed at the end credit scene, Some guys called it "s--tty" outloud and they got applause, no one said a thing afterwards. Usually, I'm used to some cheers and excitement at Marvel midnight showings. Absolutely zero this time. Just awkward silence.

Coming from you, this crowd reaction account is totally believable. :whatever:

Hmm, so where's LokiD

Was any of his essays accurate?

Were* :D

but no, he hasn't been around and most, if not all, of his Iron Man 3 speculation was pretty much just that, speculation. I'm pretty sure his 'info' was in more of the broader sense of the direction they are going and not the individual films but yeah, he struck out about 48 times on Iron Man stuff haha.

People were spoiled by the Avengers now everybody wants every Marvel solo movie that comes after it to be as epic as The Avngers was. Sorry folks, it just won't happen.The Avengers will only be topped by the sequel,no argument there :)

Anone pissed at the twist should learn to let go, jeez -_- I didn't see anyone *****ing when Nolan made Bane a ***** ass whipped love sick puppy dog and Talia the main villain...My God,were people actually expecting Sir Bengsley to be doing backflips and martial arts in this movie,honestly people lol xD

:whatever: That because the Bane/Talia connection and relationship actually has roots in the comics. :doh: The only thing that nolan did was disguise Talia's identity. :funny: The only true problem people had with nolans batman series was that it was so uber grounded to the point that all the fantastical elements where nurtured into none existence.
tumblr_m8brnnS9Iz1r4fihgo1_500.jpg
bane-and-talia.jpg
SvekW_zps44d89024.jpg

Last edited:
Begins? It totally was. Without Ledger TDK would have been two+ hours of pure drudgery.

funny cause TDKR is my favorite one (edging TDK out by like .05 points) lol, I didn't care much for BB though, origin stories somewhat bore me but I know they need to be done. but then again this isn't really the place to discuss all that hehe.

Coming from you, this crowd reaction account is totally believable. :whatever:

Quite frankly I don't care if you believe me. I don't believe you supporters of this film when you say everyone clapped or loved this film either so we're even. Further, Cherokeesam, I knew it was negative because all the credits went through and there were 0 claps or cheers for the movie. 0. None. Never happened at a showing I've been at before. I'm not gonna lie about it because there's no point to it. One way or another. They clearly stated that they were holding out for some "bright side" to the film in the end credits. They didn't get it, half the audience booed the rest kept quiet. Period.

What I find funny is that I CLEARLY directed my post at another user and its always you guys I get answers from. Btw Cherokeesam, you said I was one of the posters who was on your ignore list. What happened? You can revert from ignoring me, but I can't decide to give a movie whose universe I'm clearly more invested in than you a chance to convince me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"