Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theories:

The brains (Killian) outfits the mouthpiece (Mandarin) with tech that is used to arm the muscle (Savin).

This could be Extremis tech, giving Savin the ability to take over the Mk47 and/or steal the War Machine/Iron Patriot suit. Or, Savin could steal that suit under totally normal circumstances, and Mandarin's powers could stem from the Killian-supplied Extremis tech, as opposed to the mystical origins of the 10 rings.

Don't forget Ashley Hamilton's portrayal of Firepower.

" I believe in Harvey Dent Roger Wardell!"

in reference to my last post, I know Wardell is probably mostly bullcrap, and that his "scoops" are pretty bland and vague. Even according to this link where some podcast interviewed him, he sounds like a 15 year old kid. ( http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/new...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_38403 )

but he's doing nothing more than what we do here, speculate. and I don't understand why people go after him but try and debunk things all the same on the forums? I think he's got a 50-50 chance of actually having an "inside source" or is just all smoke and mirrors. But either way he's got my follow, he's been right like 90% of the time.

in reference to my last post, I know Wardell is probably mostly bullcrap, and that his "scoops" are pretty bland and vague. Even according to this link where some podcast interviewed him, he sounds like a 15 year old kid. ( http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/new...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_38403 )

but he's doing nothing more than what we do here, speculate. and I don't understand why people go after him but try and debunk things all the same on the forums? I think he's got a 50-50 chance of actually having an "inside source" or is just all smoke and mirrors. But either way he's got my follow, he's been right like 90% of the time.

Because none of us are pretending to have insider information. We speculate freely, and freely admit that we're speculating. Freely. This clown tries to say he's an insider or is in touch with an insider, and gets things either flat-out wrong, or makes incredibly vague observations that may get "proven" ("casting news soon!" o rly...? never woulda guessed), and suddenly 1500+ followers are all a-Twitter that he's some kind of oracle.

Seriously: what "90% of the time" has he been right about? I'm still waiting on his followers to list just exactly how much he *has* gotten right. Beyond the obvious vague stuff that could refer to anything --- how many *specific* Tweets did he get right so far?

Because none of us are pretending to have insider information. We speculate freely, and freely admit that we're speculating. Freely. This clown tries to say he's an insider or is in touch with an insider, and gets things either flat-out wrong, or makes incredibly vague observations that may get "proven" ("casting news soon!" o rly...? never woulda guessed), and suddenly 1500+ followers are all a-Twitter that he's some kind of oracle.

Seriously: what "90% of the time" has he been right about? I'm still waiting on his followers to list just exactly how much he *has* gotten right. Beyond the obvious vague stuff that could refer to anything --- how many *specific* Tweets did he get right so far?

Quoted for truth.

There's that. No offense to JBD, but I don't see him as being particularly in the know about this, or even having a big enough role to see the whole picture. But, if he's right, there's no other definition for "mouthpiece" than "spokesman," as in Mandarin is the spokesman for Killian/AIM, and is knowingly or unknowingly doing their dirty work.

Frankly, the MCU Mandarin doesn't even strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. He seems to be modeled off a professional anarchist/terrorist like Osama, Che Guevara, or Carlos the Jackal, and all those guys (including OBL) were little more than apolitical mercenaries masquerading as idealists with a cause. And that seems to be exactly the route they're taking with Mandy.

you should read the knauf's iron man run. haunted and director of shield. mandarin is portrayed as an opposite to stark. highly intelligent but also obviously formidable as a physical enemy too, unlike hammer and stane. wouldn't surprise me if their run influences the movie, as it was the continuation of ellis' extremis.

that's the thing though, he doesnt have any "specific" type tweets, and although his *Inside Scoops* are very vague they generally turn out to be correct.

So far what we have for Iron Man 3 (our first chance at seeing if he is all BS or not) are these tweets: *listing from newest to oldest*

Inside News: Fing Fang Foom will slither it's way into Iron Man 3 in a minor capacity. (Nov 26)

Inside News: When Stephanie Szostak's role is for Iron Man 3 is announced, fans will go crazy. (Nov 12)

Inside News: Currently the word is that Iron Man 3 will feature a mid credits scene AND a post credits scene. (Oct 19)

Inside News: Iron Man 3 is currently undergoing a last minute rewrite particularly in the film's third act. (Sep 27)

Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns. (Sep 5)

Inside News: Chen Lu will not be referred to as Radioactive Man in Iron Man 3. (Sep 5)

Inside News: Mandarin will be the main antagonist in Iron Man 3, not the behind the scenes villain we've previously been thought to believe. (Sep 2)

Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film (Aug 1)

Earlier in the year, Clark Gregg said he was in talks to return in Iron Man 3 and was meeting with the then Thor 2 director Patty Jenkins. (May 8)

Most of those, while yes very vague have either been found to be true, or we won't be able to tell til the movie comes out right? I would only say the last one about Coulson and the newest one about Fin Fang Foom (other than that dragon on the wall behind Mandy) are probably wrong, the other 7 seem pretty legitamate to me, even if they are super vague.

I don't know what I think about RW, but I'll still give him the benifit of the doubt that he knows someone that knows something.

Edit: also this is my last post about this because I don't feel like mindless typing battles over a person who if anything is making the hype for these movies even better, and doing absolutely no harm to anything whether he be right or wrong, and that sir is a SCIENTIFIC FACT! :dkm:

Last edited:
Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film (Aug 1)

This alone should be enough to disprove him. They started shooting in May. In August, close to when it was supposed to be wrapping, they were still just considering having Pepper armor up? Come on.

This alone should be enough to disprove him. They started shooting in May. In August, close to when it was supposed to be wrapping, they were still just considering having Pepper armor up? Come on.

I dunno just because he tweeted it then, doesnt mean the idea had been around since the beginning of filming and his "source" didn't find out til August lol.

Legit or not I enjoy his speculations :woot:

Well that's the one I've been wondering about. There was news that they had considered the Rescue thing before and that came out after the trailer was released (at least the first time I heard). maybe there was news before then.

His stuff about the rescue armor came way before there were any definite clues that Rescue will be seen. So how did he make this prediction? Even though we don't know if it's true or not yet, it almost seems too specific for Wardell and like it's a certainty to him. It almost seems like making that prediction is dependent upon seeing the trailer to say seriously considering. "Seriously considering" is about as close as he gets to definitely saying anything lol, because he will be wrong half the time.

It seems strange that he would know about the possibility of Rescue that far back. Even if he'd only heard the stuff about them considering Rescue before. It's still a huge leap of faith on that date. If he expects that prediction to come true.

It probably took most people a couple views of the trailer to even entertain the possibility that the suit becomes Rescue, in a way, after the house collapses.

I realize how he's operating, especially after listening to him on the podcast...
That's why I decided to be his similar opposite. I'm in a similar position. He has tiny bits of extra information that could be true, from some sort of inside source, that's not too connected. Therefore not definite or not having complete knowledge themselves. He's attempting to extrapolate into his wild theories and predictions based on tiny shreds of information and mixing it with his own knowledge of Marvel and movie news to complete his vague and crazy theories. Some of the stuff about Nebula in my pre avengers posts is because there are definite plans to include Nebula at some point with Thanos, that's all I'll say on that for now. I've known this since before Avengers, and I was totally wrong about them putting her in as the second general of the army with Thanos, had no clue who the army was because of how well kept that was from anyone I know. Turned out it was the Chitauri lol I predicted it was Nebula's army from all across space but the one constant in my theories was Thanos. I'll admit I wasn't certain, but I was fairly certain about some things as Wardell might be. At some point very early in the planning Nebula was swapped with the Other. I speculated all sorts of crazy theories about her post avengers because I've been at this longer than Wardell, setting certain things up to be shown true now that I'm back in the loop more. Nebula's Likely in GoTG now, not as a villain or main villain, her 'claimed relationship with Thanos comes into play. She uses it as a way to get ahead of the other galactic ex-cons and villains in the MCU, her connection to Thanos intimidates some of them. More like backstory for Thanos before he shows up and we see plenty of Thanos in GoTG. Again, from what I've heard Szostak is who some people think she is, Wardell hasn't said who she is. In the podcast he says what his source says and then he says who he personally thinks she is: Bethany Cabe.
IMO the hair is too short to be Cabe. He should trust his sources, and not add in his own speculation to deceive. I do it just for fun because I tend to believe a few of the tiny things I've heard. Some of my ideas are fueled by it because I've known for a little while that Joss's Avengers 2 script was being worked on. Didn't expect it to be done and turned in this soon lol, but this tells you there is very much a Master plan leading up to Avengers 2 that Whedon has set in motion. Some of it starts in the first Avengers movie as it exists now, the look of the Chitauri, almost Egyptian. some of the lines I'm told will take on new meanings after subsequent films are released. For instance, many of Fury's lines because shield was aware of some things. Watch the movie with Fury not playing a hunch in mind. That the tesseract affects everyone differently, she showed Selvig so much truth. Yeah if we can trust Selvig the thing is somewhat self-aware and telling him things... and it's a she... The Avengers needed to be there, and there are lots of things shield and Loki aren't telling. They're definitely part of a bigger universe, and at this point only Fury for sure knows it... Loki might, that's my speculation- he's seen "worlds Thors only dreamed of". Chitauri works out better I think because their history is easier to alter... brain overloading.

Last edited:
...How can Mandarin NOT be the main antagonist? I mean he's technically been in the films since IM 1.
I can SEE something like the Sinister Six being the main Group he's with tho.

Set photos from Beijing.

08431623510677900.jpg

08431734697550900.jpg

08363377496184900.jpg

08362683654992900.jpg

Mark VI I'd say. III & IV don't have gold on the triceps area.

It's a physical MK6 with trackers meaning that the suit will probably be entirely replaced in post just like they did in The Avengers (with RDJ wearing the MK6 chestpiece during the aftermath of the NY battle that was later digitaly replaced with the MK7 design).

Last edited:
it make sense that he has the Avengers armor going to China until he gets the extremis upgrade and uses the new armor.

The globe is a miniature version of the Unisphere used in the (real) 1964 World's Fair in NY and the (fictional) Stark Expo 2010 in IM2. They've added what appears to be DNA helixes to it. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be a Chinese branch of Stark Industries that specializes in genetic engineering --- AIM, possibly? Could Advanced Idea Mechanics (probably helmed by Aldrich Killian) actually be a subsidiary of Stark?

And who's the guy in the white hoodie? What he's wearing looks like some kind of martial arts uniform with a Ranger patch on the sleeve, and possibly the kids are part of his school. I'm *guessing* this might be Ashley Hamilton, who was long, long ago reported to be playing Firepower in this movie (but we haven't heard anything at all from him yet).

It would be pretty epic if the music from the Japanese trailer was in the movie...

hehe Thought that top pic was a bunch adults around IM! lol

I don't think anyone actually believes Wardell's junk. It's mainly been the butt of jokes.

I sorta believe him still. Even if not. Who cares? It's just a lot of fun. Worst case scenario. He's lying. So? It's fun. Whether he be telling the truth or not,

he is still helping my excitement for these movies increase REGARDLESS

And I thought they were setting up an MCU masters of evil far before roger even brought it up.

So again, he isn't pulling THAT outta no where, cause I see reasons for masters of evil as well.

Not that he is telling the truth, its just, there is stuff going on that could lead someone to think they will use a version of MoE

Mark VI I'd say. III & IV don't have gold on the triceps area.

yeah, I'd say VI

Not that he is telling the truth, its just, there is stuff going on that could lead someone to think they will use a version of MoE

What sort of stuff? There's nothing to indicate that any of these existing MCU villains would ever want to team up just to get some payback for getting their asses kicked, and there's *certainly* nothing to indicate that audiences want to see that.

Let's be honest here: so far, Marvel Studios has produced exactly one great supervillain. Outside of Loki, none of the MCU villains have generated a noticeable fanbase, and the jury is still out on all the Phase II villains --- up to and including my main Mad Titan, Thanos. So, if audiences both general and fanboy haven't started any "bring back Whiplash! Abomination! Red Skull! etc" campaigns, what makes you think they're going to be at all excited about seeing those lame villains fight the heroes again....?

The MoE is a concept that works great in comics --- a bunch of "name" supervillains team up to get revenge against the almighty Avengers. In the MCU, so far, there haven't been enough noteworthy villains for audiences to give a damn about seeing again.

What sort of stuff? There's nothing to indicate that any of these existing MCU villains would ever want to team up just to get some payback for getting their asses kicked, and there's *certainly* nothing to indicate that audiences want to see that.

Let's be honest here: so far, Marvel Studios has produced exactly one great supervillain. Outside of Loki, none of the MCU villains have generated a noticeable fanbase, and the jury is still out on all the Phase II villains --- up to and including my main Mad Titan, Thanos. So, if audiences both general and fanboy haven't started any "bring back Whiplash! Abomination! Red Skull! etc" campaigns, what makes you think they're going to be at all excited about seeing those lame villains fight the heroes again....?

The MoE is a concept that works great in comics --- a bunch of "name" supervillains team up to get revenge against the almighty Avengers. In the MCU, so far, there haven't been enough noteworthy villains for audiences to give a damn about seeing again.

THe thing I was referring to was that there seem to be multiple villains being introduced in each of the phase, and that avengers 2 will be more "personal" that's all. It was literally a thought that popped into my head in 15 seconds one morning on the way to work lol

so the idea went through my head. I didn't think too deepy, I thought, multiple villains, personal, multiple villains, maybe a masters of evil. It was just a thought that crossed my mind is all. I'm torn, but to be honest, I am still expecting Thanos in avengers 2 and 3. The MoE thing is eh, but that's just my reasoning for that idea popping into my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"