Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, congrats to Don Cheadle for winning the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a TV Series (Comedy or Musical) for House of Lies.

Hasn't nearly every big Marvel Studios release gotten a Super Bowl spot? Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Iron Man 2?

THOR got a Super Bowl spot as well back in 2011.

Cheadle also recently got interviewed about Iron Man 3 and said:

COLLIDER: Expectations on Iron Man 3 are going to be sky high. What are your hopes for it?

CHEADLE: I hope that it performs to those levels. We did a little piece of it at Comic-Con and people went crazy. It looked great. The script is good. We’re doing a couple re-shoots next week, but I’m encouraged.

COLLIDER: Are you doing the re-shoots here in town?

CHEADLE: Yes, in Manhattan Beach.

COLLIDER: Do your kids like having a superhero dad?

CHEADLE: I don’t think it matters to them. They still want me to drive them places and go get food and take them to movies. It doesn’t really matter. They haven’t asked me to fly them there yet.

COLLIDER: What was it like working with Shane Black on Iron Man 3?

CHEADLE: It was good. We had a good time. It’s a really good cast. It’s a very interesting script. It was a lot of fun.

COLLIDER: What did you think of the red, white and blue armor?

CHEADLE: Oh, I’ll let you react to that when you see it.

COLLIDER: How will your character shake things up in Iron Man 3?

CHEADLE: I’m not supposed to say that he kills Robert Downey Jr.’s character. Is that a spoiler? That would be a spoiler. You knew that was coming. You read the comic books. No. I will just say that the buddy relationship that these guys have gets tighter. The third act set piece for the big finale is bigger and badder. It’s just a lot more.

posted this the other day but I don't think anyone saw it.. D:

A friend and fellow editor on CBM has it on good authority that we're getting a preview of the IM3 super bowl spot on January 28th; sort of like we did with The Avengers last year. You might remember he, WolvieCBM, was first to reveal the date of the IM3 trailer.

A friend and fellow editor on CBM has it on good authority that we're getting a preview of the IM3 super bowl spot on January 28th; sort of like we did with The Avengers last year. You might remember he, WolvieCBM, was first to reveal the date of the IM3 trailer.

The same info was posted over on the boxoffice.com forums last night by a Chinese member with ties to the film industry. I wondered how long it would take for someone at CBM to pick it up. The person at BO also said the Super Bowl spot will be a full 60 seconds and that an official trailer will follow in early March along with a poster. Last year Disney wasted a 60-second Super Bowl ad on John Carter and made The Avengers settle for a shorter spot, so this is good news.

Thor: TDW will get a teaser in mid-April, according to him. That would be in time to attach it to IM3 internationally and domestically.

The same info was posted over on the boxoffice.com forums last night by a Chinese member with ties to the film industry. I wondered how long it would take for someone at CBM to pick it up. The person at BO also said the Super Bowl spot will be a full 60 seconds and that an official trailer will follow in early March along with a poster. Last year Disney wasted a 60-second Super Bowl ad on John Carter and made The Avengers settle for a shorter spot, so this is good news.

Thor: TDW will get a teaser in mid-April, according to him. That would be in time to attach it to IM3 internationally and domestically.

Awesome news to start the day, i am glad Marvel is capitalizing on the avengers success. there only like 3 months and 20 left for IM3!

Interesting, wouldn
t be surprised if that's the contact my bud got the info from. I'm sure he would have posted an article on it if he had something to link to. But I'm glad to hear the IM3 spot will 60 seconds this time.

CD9ADBF6-1245-4C44-BCD3-C89F68C9835F-2736-000001FEB481514D.jpg

^Nice looking Prometheus EVA outfit there. Lot of TDKR stuff, too. Don't see anything particularly new amongst those Iron Man toys, though....:huh:

Cool news - Seeing the Marvel trailers during the last couple of Super Bowls have been awesome. Looking forward to another.

Looks like Bruce Banner, probably an Avengers product

Yeah, I think it's been said elsewhere that it's Bruce Banner. Certainly looks like how he looked in the Avengers.

Yay! Get to see some new footage in 2 weeks! 28th of January, i look forward to you, even if you are just a tease.

New Hot Toys images have been released on CBM dot com.

What's most interesting is that they call the new armour Mark 42 NOT 47.

I swear ive heard it be called both so many times that I think the film might just have 2 different extremis armours.

011500487001b3scaled800.jpg

Also looks like the mark 7 is in the movie in some capacity

011500487001b1scaled800.jpg

I think its always been 42

Maybe. Maybe the original memo had 42 hand written, and they couldnt make out whether it was a 2 or a 7, which led to half of sources reporting one number, and the other half a different one lol.

Or they're getting 47 from "item 47" the marvel short typed as an error and news sites per usual are just copying news from other sources.....

People will say I am nit picking, too focused on detail. But 42 instead of 47 is kind of a big deal if it means 4 less armours in the rumored final battle.

The first time we learned that there'd be at least 40 armors, the report (from Latino Review) said 47. I think Marvel just switched things up when the word got out.

They're doing re-shoots on Monday BTW. Some filming at the TCL Chinese Theater (formerly Grauman’s Chinese Theater). Considering the theater's new name comes from the same company that IM3 has partnered with for marketing, the scenes will involve product placement.
http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2013/01/14/iron-man-3-filming-in-hollywood-on-january-21-2013/

EDIT: I wondered if Marvel had come up with 47 because of RDJ's current age.

Last edited:
Ha, ah well...

011500487001b1scaled800.jpg

Damn, the mark 7 is still my favourite design, looks so much cooler. Hope we get to see it in action again before he "upgrades" to extremis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"