Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought that was the last page. I haven't read it yet, just seeing what's on Tumblr. Is what's on the next page contradicting the 'Cellar-Hall of armor' theory?

Tony brings Rhodey to the basement and a ton of Iron Man suits are raised from the floor and Tony says it's his "Iron Legion."

Tony brings Rhodey to the basement and a ton of Iron Man suits are raised from the floor and Tony says it's his "Iron Legion."

My only disappointment in this regard is that all of the suits
looked the same (Mk VII). Was really hoping we would see a bunch of unique, individual armors in Iron Man 3...but I suppose there's hope yet.

But hey...seeing Rhodey
crash the shwarma party made up for anything I wasn't ecstatic about in that issue! :word:

e9RCnPt.jpg

Last edited:
So his hall of armor won't have tons of different looking suits? That's a massive letdown if true. Seriously. What's the point of saying how much you want to be prepared for anything, if all of the armors look the same and have the same weapons? Ugh.

So his hall of armor won't have tons of different looking suits? That's a massive letdown if true. Seriously. What's the point of saying how much you want to be prepared for anything, if all of the armors look the same and have the same weapons? Ugh.

Because alot of armors do the same thing. Not only that but each armor should have back ups.

Tony currently is just improving his armors, thus the mach 1-42. He's not been starting from scratch and building a new armor.... The rumored hulk buster and space armor would be the first ones to break that trend. These arnt upgrades they're situation specific.

Tonys basic armors also do many things that some individual armor do in the comics... Does he really need a "volcano suit" , "subterranean armor" , "underwater" armor?, stealth? No... His basic suit should be able to do all that with upgrades.... Its not like the hellicarrier needed painted dark blue to be stealthy....

The only situation specific suits tony needs are probably, extremis "quick change", hulkbuster , deep space, Thor buster, one to be more manual like mach 1, and maybe a magic proof suit?

The only situation specific suits tony needs are probably, extremis "quick change", hulkbuster , deep space, Thor buster, one to be more manual like mach 1, and maybe a magic proof suit?

I don't think Tony Stark has any guidance yet for a "magic-proof suit." Hafta wait on Dr. Strange for that one. :cwink:

I'd expect all those other armors, plus Stealth armor.

Because alot of armors do the same thing. Not only that but each armor should have back ups.

Tony currently is just improving his armors, thus the mach 1-42. He's not been starting from scratch and building a new armor.... The rumored hulk buster and space armor would be the first ones to break that trend. These arnt upgrades they're situation specific.

Tonys basic armors also do many things that some individual armor do in the comics... Does he really need a "volcano suit" , "subterranean armor" , "underwater" armor?, stealth? No... His basic suit should be able to do all that with upgrades.... Its not like the hellicarrier needed painted dark blue to be stealthy....
That's a good point, I didn't think about it like that. I just wanted to see a crap load of different armors like in the comics.

I don't think Tony Stark has any guidance yet for a "magic-proof suit." Hafta wait on Dr. Strange for that one. :cwink:

I'd expect all those other armors, plus Stealth armor.

... no ____ lol, i was stating over the entire hypothetical MCU franchise. i know he hasn't really seen magic yet...

and why would he need a "stealth armor" technology is at it's point (like the helicarrier) where he can use the same process of using cameras panels to make himself invisible.. no need for a blue suit

I really wish they filmed Don Cheadle walking in on the shwarma scene in the credits, that would have been fantastic.

I think one of the coolest things about Iron Man is his wide variety of different looking suits. I would have loved to see them.

I think one of the coolest things about Iron Man is his wide variety of different looking suits. I would have loved to see them.

hopefully we will see some of that in this movie. Does anyone know if Real Iron Man still posts on these forums? He had really good advanced intel about the Avengers tv spot and trailers.

hopefully we will see some of that in this movie. Does anyone know if Real Iron Man still posts on these forums? He had really good advanced intel about the Avengers tv spot and trailers.

RIM stopped posting around the time that TASM came out. I think he said he thought the movie sucked and was going to give a review, but never gave it. Since then, I haven't seen him around the forums.

Yeah, legend has it that many TASM anticipators were so upset by his reaction that they sort of chased him off the boards.

i think the suits will be different from one another, given the silhouettes of unique-looking armors in several iron man 3 promotional materials.

personally i love the mk 7 (i wish tony was in an extremis-ised version of it instead of the cream gold mk 42) so seeing 40 of them in the final battle wouldn't be the worst thing i guess.

I seriously can't believe he left the boards for a petty reason like that. Everyone's not going to agree with your opinion on the Hype. Doesn't mean you need to run away and never come back.

Yeah, I was looking forward to RIM's review for forever. Sad he didn't stick around.

does anyone have a scan of that page where we see all the mk 7s?

Are some of those armors black or are those supposed to be shadows on them? Can't tell because the colors are weird... the suits are slightly different, though. They don't all look 100% identical like I previously thought.

i think they are shadows; the art is just kind of crappy.

yeah, you're right, they are not all identical to one another. interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"