Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it looks good (not great) when clean and shiny, but when it is dirty it looks like bone.. iron man classic red and gold for me all the way. and if they had to change it up, id prefer the cream colour be the gold they have used in a lot of the promo material; it looks way better. the marketing ppl must agree it does also, otherwise they wouldn't have used it.

I'm curious to what we will see on film, once all the CGI is complete.. I like it more when it's gold over cream but I'm okay with either for one suit, two at the most. then he can go back to a more traditional 'bleeding edge' armor to advance the suit continuation. I can't wait til May haha

It is growing on me. It is not close to the perfection that was the Mark VII, but I do love how it looks when CGI'ed.

It is growing on me. It is not close to the perfection that was the Mark VII, but I do love how it looks when CGI'ed.

Yeah they did it perfect in Avengers, It makes me so curious to see what is going to come in Avengers 2 and 3 (which I assume he has to be in both) all he has left in the comics that are red/gold are bleeding edge and whatever comes after (can't remember) + this new Marvel Now! black/gold (which is cool) and his 'godkiller' space armour right? Although there's no saying that creative designers can't come up with something in between those for film purposes

I wonder how much of that "Lego Stuff" will be in the Movie. Now I'm REALLY Curious! :wow:

The LEGO sets for Avengers, and Batman movies, were fairly "authentic" to actual scenes in the film. These three sets shown aren't likely to be something LEGO just pulled out of their ass.

I wonder how much of that "Lego Stuff" will be in the Movie. Now I'm REALLY Curious! :wow:

Well, the prior Marvel Legos for the Avengers were only semi-accurate. They have the basic concepts and ideas right but the details can get a little fuzzy. For example the Lego Quinjet is recognizable for what it is but lacks the specifics of the movie (such as a multiple person cockpit, rotars in the wings, color, etc.). The Shield truck was the same way. Additionally, Lego Captain America had a motorcycle, which was obviously absent from the film.

So, I'd take some of the designs with a grain of salt. However, Pepper in the armor is most likely a plot point passed down from the studio, not Lego taking liberties. So, the final battle between Mandarin and Tony may include some kind of vehicle, but the actual shape may not be representative of the Lego. Also, the coloring tends to be a little off (Shield Grey became Blue).

The LEGO sets for Avengers, and Batman movies, were fairly "authentic" to actual scenes in the film. These three sets shown aren't likely to be something LEGO just pulled out of their ass.

Agreed in part for the Avengers. There was only one (recent) Batman set for the Dark Knight Rises and the Lego design for The Bat is pretty far off. It's still recognizable but only because of Batman and Bane. If the figures (and name) hadn't been used. I don't know if anyone would immediately guess what its supposed to be.

But yes, I agree that LEGO, for the most part, do not just make this stuff up. The information they get from the studio is probably a little vague. Especially as the engineers have to start development many months before the movie comes out.

Regardless, I've purchased all of last year's Marvel sets (ah, childhood nostalgia) and, as bad as these look, I'll definitely be getting the Iron Man sets too.

Well, the prior Marvel Legos for the Avengers were only semi-accurate. They have the basic concepts and ideas right but the details can get a little fuzzy. For example the Lego Quinjet is recognizable for what it is but lacks the specifics of the movie (such as a multiple person cockpit, rotars in the wings, color, etc.). The Shield truck was the same way. Additionally, Lego Captain America had a motorcycle, which was obviously absent from the film.

So, I'd take some of the designs with a grain of salt. However, Pepper in the armor is most likely a plot point passed down from the studio, not Lego taking liberties. So, the final battle between Mandarin and Tony may include some kind of vehicle, but the actual shape may not be representative of the Lego. Also, the coloring tends to be a little off (Shield Grey became Blue).

As I said on the other thread, I can't remember who said it, but someone brought up about Tony with the Mark 42 having more control, it may be that when the mansion gets hit, he oders Jarvis to put the Mark 42 on her. This is not the rescue armor, which I think will come later.

Mandarin fighting Iron Man with a vehicle would be quite lame. Especially as a final showdown. I want power rings dammit!

As someone mentioned the Avengers sets had Cap with a motor cycle. We don't know how Mandarin is going to fight Tony. I think the Lego sets show some interesting things, but let's not get too carried away.

Mandarin fighting Iron Man with a vehicle would be quite lame. Especially as a final showdown. I want power rings dammit!

^
He looks like he on a riding lawn mower.

too bad the mk 42 is ugly, almost sickly-looking. i pray if he uses a new armor by the end of the film that it is predominantly red.
I wouldn't be too worried. As this Lego set shows, the "ultimate" battle will feature a totally different armor:
imlego2.jpg

OK, is it just me, or did they use the Dumbledore lego figure and paint the hair black and call it "the Mandarin"?

103915266-506x539-0-0_Lego+Lego+Harry+Potter+2010+Mini+Figure+Dumbledore.jpg

Looked more like the Hagrid beard TBH

In the Lego avengers sets,iron man was included in the truck chase one. And he wasn't even in that scene. So I wouldn't worry

I love the new 'Vanilla Coke' costume now, it's really grown on me.

It doesn't even have that vanilla look anymore, though. More gold, unless I'm misremembering what I saw

So it looks like he gets another suit there at the end.

Yeah, at first the suit looked like crap but over time I actually have learned to like the MCU version of "extremis."

It seemed like the suit went from mustard, to vanilla cream, to a light creme brulee. I like his taste in suits.

OK, is it just me, or did they use the Dumbledore lego figure and paint the hair black and call it "the Mandarin"?

LEGO actually does that quite a lot. Keeps the sets cheaper because they have to make fewer unique pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"