The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePowerCosmic

Anyone ever seen this Japanese trailer for the movie? I haven't. Some of the shots I haven't seen in the trailers before.

[YT]_OG8oLrD7ZA[/YT]

2. Incredible Hans

Incredible Hans I'm always hungry!

Is Mandarin driving a "Fin Fang Foom tank"? :cwink:

It looks a little bit like a dragon...

3. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe he took his inspiration from this guy:
    [​IMG]

4. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

Guys, do you think IP/WM will change the color of his armor before the end of the movie?

5. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

Probably.

I've been hearing some rumors that either Coldblood or Firepower will take over the Iron Patriot suit... so I'd say by the third act, Rhodey will be back to the War Machine armor... somehow.

6. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

oh yeah, I forgot that Coldblood and Firepower are also in the movie.

So there's Mandarin (main villain), Killian (secondary villain) , Coldblood (henchman 1 perhaps?), Firepower (henchman 2?) and Radioactive Man (by accident just like what happened to The Leader in TIH). I think there's way too many characters in this movie :(

7. Incredible Hans

I don't think that Radioactive Man is in the movie.

And Coldblood and Firepower - are they real characters or just opponents for fighting scenes - like the Frost Giants and the Destroyer in Thor 1?

Yep, let's take a look at Thor 1:

Loki (main villain), Laufey (secondary villain), Frost Giants (henchmen), Destroyer (henchman)... and even SHIELD looked more like an enemy than an ally in the first part of the movie.

Thor 2 will have Loki, Malekith, Kurse, lots of Dark Elves, Marauders... maybe Hela, who knows?

So, where's the problem?

8. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

Just having doubts that's all. I don't want this movie to be like IM2, this is the 1st movie of phase 2 and I want it to be great movie.

9. Incredible Hans

Right, but I always wonder why so many people feel that a superhero movie could be crowded with "too many characters".

People never say something like this about movies like Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and Star Wars which have LOTS of characters.

Or let's take a look at Batman begins:
    Ra's al Ghul (main villain), Scarecrow (secondary villain), Falcone (secondary villain), William Earle (= Rutger Hauer's role, kind of secondary villain), Victor Szasz (henchmen), Ra's al Ghul's decoy (= Ken Watanabe's role, henchmen), Arnold Flass (corrupt policeman / hencheman), League of Shadows (henchmen).

The Dark Knight:
    Joker (main villain), Two Face (secondary villain), Scarecrow (cameo villain), Sal Maroni, Lau, the Chechen, Gambol (mob bosses), Joker's henchmen

The Dark Knight Rises:
    Bane/Talia (main villains), Cat Woman (secondary villain until she turns good), John Daggett (secondary villain), Ra's al Ghul (cameo villain), Crane/Scarecrow (cameo villain), League of Shadows (henchmen)

10. RetroNaz

RetroNaz Bom Bom Bom

In defense of the original statement, the movies you've selected were good examples of how to make a film with a large ensemble work.
    There are also plenty that don't.

11. RetroNaz

RetroNaz Bom Bom Bom

I would also be inclined to say that the Dark Knight Rises is not a good example of how to manage an ensemble. This will ire many, but that film was boring in my humble opinion, and a lot of it I put down to how poorly managed the characters were written and presented.

12. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

There's absolutely no Radioactive Man, period.

I can guarantee ya the way it shakes down is that Coldblood and Firepower are "Extremis Soldiers" working for Mandarin. They're actually US soldiers/secret service who are in deep cover, and they're the ones who sabotage Air Force One from the inside. Firepower (Jack Taggert) infiltrates the Iron Patriot armor, and everyone thinks it's still Rhodey; but Rhodey is forced to go back to a new War Machine armor that Tony has built specifically for him.

13. Incredible Hans

I, on the other hand, don't get the hype for the Dark Knight. It's a good film, but parts of it are boring. Ledger's overrated IMO.

For me, Dark Knight Rises is the better movie.

14. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

whoa Cherokeesam making bold predictions? now I've seen it all.. who's your 'source' :cwink::woot::woot:

15. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Yeah the guy who "scooped" the radioactive man story, pretty much blew all his credibility. He was saying crap that, has been debunked by multiple other sources. I haven't even seen the guy post here since his story was debunked.

As to their being too many characters, that's a weak argument. I could list thousands of other movies, some of which are oscar winners that have more characters than what we are talking about here.

The problem is after Spider-man 3, people worry about a movie being bogged down. Spider-man 3 didn't have too many characters, it had a incoherent story.

16. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

spider-man 3 was proof that you choose characters who serve a stories purpose, not shoe-horn them in and force them to tell a story you want to tell...

Sandman, Venom, and Goblin all had 3 completely different stories that had no relation to each other.. so forcing venom to team up with sandman was incredibly horridly done

17. TheIrishAvenger

RDJ did say that IM3 was the best script he had read in 5 years so I have faith that Black won't cock it up.

18. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

eh I don't blame Loki for the bad scoop, I don't think he ever actually had info on the IM movie, he was speculating with the rest of us on that. His info pertains to characters they have wanted and are introducing in the future. If anything his 'source' had/has some bad info and he was just giving it to us as he found out, while also trying to make a story-line out of the characters he was told. He never did any harm, right or wrong.

19. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

All the movies you bring up as examples here have much longer running times than the Iron Man movies (minus Star Wars / Star Trek - but let's face it, a lot of those characters don't always get great development).

As a counterpoint, consider films like Spider-Man 3, the foundation for comic fans concern at this point.

20. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

wasnt there some posts by someone who saw a preview screening, saying that its better than IM2 but as good as IM1?

21. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

yup its pretty old...back in december

22. ThePowerCosmic

Oh, okay. Looks like I was late to the party. :csad:

Yeah, he said it's right up there with IM1. That was just his opinion, though. Some may find it even better than the first movie...or worse(I doubt it). We'll have to wait and see.

23. mc7791

mc7791 The Past is your Fuel

I think I heard something like that. If RDJ does really feel that way then that gives me an overall good feeling for the finished product. I wonder if we will hear reactions from advanced screenings soon. There have been advanced screenings for Pacific Rim so I wonder when we will hear about reactions for IM3, MOS and Star Trek into darkness.

24. TheIrishAvenger

25. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

Nice find Irish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.