Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
think a hulk movie thread needs to be started if it hasn't already. otherwise it will be ages before this thread returns to iron man 3. and i know, im guilty of joining in too :p

How does that make it better? :huh:
A mind-controlled Hulk massacring hordes of civilians is a box-office disaster, just the same as if he did it of his own free will.

Again: Hulk is a HERO now. Everybody looks up to him as an Avenger. That's key to Marvel's merchandising. You think Little Johnny with his Hulk toys is going to be happy if he sees (a) Hulk get dicked over by his friends, (b) Hulk rampage mindlessly through innocent civilians, (c) Hulk declare war on humanity.....you know, the same people he just got through saving in Avengers 1?
Like Power Cosmic said, Hulk killing tons of people will probably not be the reason or at the very least he won't be the one who did it, but could get blamed for it.

And I already explained why him being seen as a hero and Avenger is not why he was so popular in the film. Not to mention that by the end of A3 he WILL be an Avenger again and A2 is just a set up to make his solo film more interesting.

think a hulk movie thread needs to be started if it hasn't already. otherwise it will be ages before this thread returns to iron man 3. and i know, im guilty of joining in too :p
Since the info is not confirmed it's unnecessary. There are already three threads the Marvel Films section that are appropriate for this conversation.

Mind Blown.

mind_explode.gif

But what about the air force symbol?

IIRC, it's a frame from the Planet Hulk book, i.e., the rocket that launched Hulk. Don't quote me on that, though.

That's why I see him targeting the heroes(feeling he's been betrayed by his friends, especially Stark, Rogers, and perhaps Widow), and maybe even the World Security Council(who don't look so good in the GA's eyes, after nearly blowing up Manhattan with a nuclear missile). It'll be called World War Hulk because the entire world is against Hulk, but everyone else won't be Hulk's targets.

If it's just Hulk vs. Avengers, we've already seen that movie; and that wouldn't actually be "World War Hulk" after all.

I believe that Planet Hulk could actually work. Make it a TIH2 movie for, say, 2016 or so, and have the Council be the jerks that boot him off the planet. But World War Hulk? No, that will never work. Hulk fights bullies; he's not a bully himself. In WWH, they made him into a big green bully.

reposting this for an answer:

wouldn't shipping Hulk into space be a total opposite of the stance Stark takes during Civil War? I don't know what the time frame of those story lines are but I know in Civil War stark was for registration right? So if he and Banner are buddy-buddy he would be so against sending him off, therefore being against registering the heroes? Making Cap take Tony's spot of being known? Just spitballing with my limited knowledge, someone hop in please.

This will look awesome once the CGI is complete. Why couldn't they have shown THAT sequence in the super bowl spot. They showed it at comic con already.:whatever:

Never mind. I already answered myself in the first sentence. Oh well.:doh:

I can easily see Hulk losing control in the fight against Thanos and going primal, while the world and The Avengers watch in shock. Hulk might even have to be subdued by his teammates. After all that talk about finally having the beast under control, Banner wouldn't be trusted and Hulk would be sent away where he couldn't do anymore damage. Maybe he could even be sent to a prison established by the Guardians, but his ship gets knocked off course and he ends up on an alien planet. There, he learns to truly control and use his power, becoming a much more experienced fighter and leader as well. I could see him using leadership skills he's learned from being around Cap.

Maybe the Hulk's heroic methods are too dangerous, and put civilians at risk. Maybe his strength is just too much to be controlled, so the WSC sends him away. And maybe there's a part fighting Thanos when the Hulk just loses complete control and goes full-on beast mode on Thanos. That would prove that Bruce still hasn't controlled the anger, and would warrant him as a threat if he ever got too angry for himself to control.

A full on beast mode Hulk still gets slaughtered..visciously by Thanos.

A mind-controlled Hulk massacring hordes of civilians is a box-office disaster, just the same as if he did it of his own free will.

Again: Hulk is a HERO now. Everybody looks up to him as an Avenger. That's key to Marvel's merchandising. You think Little Johnny with his Hulk toys is going to be happy if he sees (a) Hulk get dicked over by his friends, (b) Hulk rampage mindlessly through innocent civilians, (c) Hulk declare war on humanity.....you know, the same people he just got through saving in Avengers 1?

the only way I can maybe see it working is if there is stuff going on behind the scenes a bit, as we suspected, hulk gets framed, and sent off. Maybe he knows he got framed. Avengers 3 happens with different villains, and hulk comes back and aside from a minor conflict, helps them take on whoever it may be, be it the masters of evil, or ultron, or kang, or whoever.

but WWH for the plot of avengers 3? eh. it doesn't matter if it's not under his doing.

Hulk is now a hero.
in this scenario, Hulk would be the villain, whether it;s his intention or free will, he is still the villain. but he is FINALLY a hero.
wont work

IIRC, it's a frame from the Planet Hulk book, i.e., the rocket that launched Hulk. Don't quote me on that, though.

If it's just Hulk vs. Avengers, we've already seen that movie; and that wouldn't actually be "World War Hulk" after all.

I believe that Planet Hulk could actually work. Make it a TIH2 movie for, say, 2016 or so, and have the Council be the jerks that boot him off the planet. But World War Hulk? No, that will never work. Hulk fights bullies; he's not a bully himself. In WWH, they made him into a big green bully.

I don't think it would solely be Hulk vs. Avengers. I think it would be Hulk Vs. everything the world had to use against him and his forces, along with The Avengers..

:applaud

wouldn't shipping Hulk into space be a total opposite of the stance Stark takes during Civil War? I don't know what the time frame of those story lines are but I know in Civil War stark was for registration right? So if he and Banner are buddy-buddy he would be so against sending him off, therefore being against registering the heroes? Making Cap take Tony's spot of being known? Just spitballing with my limited knowledge, someone hop in please.

Banner never got the chance to choose sides about registration. The Illuminati just arbitrarily deemed that he was a menace to earth, and decided the best thing to do was just kick him off the planet. (Even though they all knew damn well he could find his way home easily enough, as he had many times before.)

That doesn't matter how primal or beast Hulk goes.. no matter how psychotic or beast mode made Hulk is, he still gets beaten pretty handidly by Thanos.

and that's under his own power. Given the GotG, it will be apparent thanos will be a universal threat, which suggests thanos will have the gauntlet. You are reaching a little bit. Hulk going beast mode on thanos will get slaughtered, and then laughed at by Thanos. that can't work. he will have to be manipulated and framed. This is probably going to be Thanos' movie to shine as the villain, and display real power.

The laws of the 616 Universe do not directly affect the laws of the MCU. We don't know how much of a chance a fully primal Hulk would have against Thanos yet. I'm not reaching at all.

Stark is probably not the one who makes the call to jettison him into space. That would fall squarely in the World Council's territory, or the MCU Illuminati for all intents and purposes.

It's easy to establish that when we haven't seen the movie yet.

no. That doesn't matter. Just like in avengers, Ironman isn't gunna beat thor in a fight.

Doing as you would suggest would follow that, hulk is strongest one there issssssssss, stuff.

Yes, the movies are not the comics, but they are at such different power levels, they wouldn't change that in the movies. Thanos is decently above hulk, they wouldn't just have him get beat by hulk.

Thanos will probably have the gauntlet as well, which makes him even more powerful. a universal threat. building up a universal story with thanos is what they seem to be doing for phase 2. he will be trying to destroy the universe, but then hulk smashes him and saves the universe?? come on.

mcu or comics, hulk can't beat thanos.

Banner never got the chance to choose sides about registration. The Illuminati just arbitrarily deemed that he was a menace to earth, and decided the best thing to do was just kick him off the planet. (Even though they all knew damn well he could find his way home easily enough, as he had many times before.)

so I assume PH happens before Civil War correct? But wouldn't Tony, a member of the 'Illuminati' still not want to send him away since they're bros? And if the MCU 'Illuminati' happens to be that World Security Council wouldn't Tony then be against having heroes come out (even though he has already done it himself)... I guess that last point is what is different from comics to MCU since he hadn't come out before Civil War if I remember correctly..

ahhh whatever I don't know how I feel about all this.. and won't be listening to any more "inside information" if it isn't coming from Marvel people themselves.. I think I owe a few people some millions of internet dollars and apologize for being an ignorant butthead lol (then again we will see for sure when IM3 comes out)

I don't buy that Planet Hulk rumor. Disney pretty much already did it with John Carter and that thing flopped bigtime. I know Marvel brings more to the table after Avengers but the concept is out there. Not a great idea to be honest. Plus, to go from new buddies to having Tony launch Bruce in to space is a big leap from the end of Avengers.

As for the Super Bowl spot, think Disney/Marvel will get cash back? Running the spot right after the power outage chaos means no one was even paying attention to it. Everyone at my Super Bowl Party was asking what the hell was going on. A terror attack or what? The worst of luck to run the first ad there.

The laws of the 616 Universe do not directly affect the laws of the MCU. We don't know how much of a chance a fully primal Hulk would have against Thanos yet. I'm not reaching at all.

they don't apply, you are right. But it would be the same thing as having ironman beat thor in avengers 1, which he didn't.

Thanos is overall far more powerful than the hulk, that they won't just have hulk finish him off.

nevermind, with the IG

I can easily see Hulk losing control in the fight against Thanos and going primal, while the world and The Avengers watch in shock. Hulk might even have to be subdued by his teammates. After all that talk about finally having the beast under control, Banner wouldn't be trusted and Hulk would be sent away where he couldn't do anymore damage. Maybe he could even be sent to a prison established by the Guardians, but his ship gets knocked off course and he ends up on an alien planet. There, he learns to truly control and use his power, becoming a much more experienced fighter and leader as well. I could see him using leadership skills he's learned from being around Cap.
I like this theory, sans the uber leadership part. Banner just isn't the leader type, and while Hulk can lead by sheer of example of his brute power, it wouldn't last.

That aside, it makes a lot of sense for the Hulk to go blind with rage in the film and start attacking everything, which results in the Council deeming him too dangerous to the planet and shooting him out into space.

no. That doesn't matter. Just like in avengers, Ironman isn't gunna beat thor in a fight.

Doing as you would suggest would follow that, hulk is strongest one there issssssssss, stuff.

Yes, the movies are not the comics, but they are at such different power levels, they wouldn't change that in the movies. Thanos is decently above hulk, they wouldn't just have him get beat by hulk.

Thanos will probably have the gauntlet as well, which makes him even more powerful. a universal threat. building up a universal story with thanos is what they seem to be doing for phase 2. he will be trying to destroy the universe, but then hulk smashes him and saves the universe?? come on.

mcu or comics, hulk can't beat thanos.

I never said Hulk would beat Thanos, just that he'd go primal on him and in doing so, would become an increased danger to the world around him. Even then, you're making assumptions based on what you've read in the comics. Now from what we've seen so far in the MCU, we know that is not always the case.

I like this theory, sans the uber leadership part. Banner just isn't the leader type, and while Hulk can lead by sheer of example of his brute power, it wouldn't last.

That aside, it makes a lot of sense for the Hulk to go blind with rage in the film and start attacking everything, which results in the Council deeming him too dangerous to the planet and shooting him out into space.

meanwhile the rest of them are trying to stop thanos from trying to destroy the universe. and as he said, his teammates may have to subdue him...Thanos gets beat by hulk single handidly, but the avengers are able to temporarily subdue hulk? while they couldn't stop thanos? not too sure this route will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"