The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

I agree; I think Guy Pearce is too talented an actor to be used in a supporting role such as this. I thought that he could be the leading actors in such movies as Daredevil (as Muddock) and many others that Marvel can offer. He may be in his 40's, but he still looks great.

2. BatsDC

BatsDC Side-Kicker

I'm pretty sure Pearce has said he wouldn't be interested in a main superhero role before.

3. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

looks like we will be getting posters up till the trailer week...
    heres hoping to see a Mandarin one

4. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

well there you have it boys and girls [BLACKOUT]Pepper is suiting up![/BLACKOUT] gotta say I'm not mad about it, just hope they do it in a way that looks cool or is relevant in the films progression, not just out of nowhere. I'm certain it won't be done the way it is in the comics, and i'm perfectly fine with that.

5. mkilban2

how many weeks til trailer week? I don't know how many characters there are left to show off since they aren't going to make a poster for one we haven't seen so far. We've got Tony, Rhodey, and Pearce so far. So that leaves Pepper and Mandy? ..maybe Maya Hansen lol

6. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

um.. there's been female ironman costumes for each film. not sure how this fuels anything to be honest...

7. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Y
    Not the same. He's a villain, not a sidekick. :p

8. mkilban2

becuase it is labeled "Pepper Potts Mark 42 costume" highly doubt any other movies had her name and an armor in one..

9. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Oh, it's fueling *something*.....koff koff koff...
    BOINGGGGGGG

Confirmed: Pepper Potts dresses like a hooker in IM3. Film at 11. Thirty. Ish.

10. spideyboy_1111

... lol I think it's just labeling.. i find it really humorish that the ones that look more like armor she'd actually wear (for a female) don't carry that title, but the one that looks IDENTICAL to the past 3 films now has "pepper" labeled on it.

id take it with a grain of salt sir.

11. mkilban2

just seems inevitable that we've gotten a lego set with her in armor, and now a costume labeled with her name and the suit number (that she also happens to be in in the lego set) that we will see her suit up in the movie. Just putting 1 and 1 together.. maybe i'm over thinking and getting 3 haha :yay:

12. spideyboy_1111

look i don't doubt she will be rescued in a suit of armor like most are guessing..

but i also don't think this dress is proof of anything

13. mkilban2

in media you need 2 sources of the same info on a story or event to publish a story as truth so I am now donning this as truth! haha :yay:

14. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

two weeks from tmw....
    so they can put Pepper and Mandy poster till the trailer hits and probably a theatrical poster.

15. mkilban2

cool I'm pumped! I'm allowing myself to watch trailer 2 and then I'm weening myself off IM so I don't have to look at more info and ruin actual plot points more than the vague idea I have lol

16. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Like mkilban2 said, it's the label. There have been "Pepper Potts" costumes, but never "Mark 42 Pepper Potts." Even if the label isn't alluding to it, it's pretty much guaranteed to happen. Whether it's a spur of the moment type of thing or [BLACKOUT]an actual armor specialized for her (to maybe take part in the final battle)[/BLACKOUT] is the big mystery.

17. spideyboy_1111

I don't think adding "42" to a pepper pots costume matters at all. I just think it shows they're REALLLY pushing this new armor if anything

18. mkilban2

are you sold on the new armor yet spidey?

I personally love it, I assume we'll get the construction of it in the beginning of the movie, him wearing it up until the plane crash, or whenever he's beat up in the snow. Then that rumored 'heartbreaker' armor for the end which will probably be more red than gold again. But I'm all for the new change in the suit, it's really grown on me.

19. marvel_freshman

Maybe, maybe not. Fact still remains there are multiple indications that it will happen. And the first indication came from an actual Marvel rep, whose comments were removed after the interview was picked up by other outlets. I personally think, and hope, it will be a spur of the moment type of thing.

20. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Y'know I can understand Tony not wanting his basic suits falling in the wrong hands because people will use it for bad. But witholding a deep space armor from the government is just selfish imo.

Hope they fix that potential plothole or avoid it altogether.

21. mkilban2

lol that's a different look at things. But what use would the gov't have out of a deep space suit? I'm under the assumption that if it is even in the movie, he never even dreamed about making one until he went through the portal. So they wouldn't have needed it before then, and afterwards I doubt the American gov't would want to go exploring space for more monsters haha

22. spideyboy_1111

Lol like i said. I don't doubt this happens. I just don't think the costume is proof or a source of meaning it will. Everything else .. Yes. Costume ... No

23. spideyboy_1111

Its grown on me. But its not the end all be all by any means.

24. mkilban2

yeah I really, really, really, really hope they don't show the final suit he'll wear in the film before the film actually comes out. That's why I've got to avoid all the TV spots after the 2nd trailer (assuming that doesnt ruin it for me haha)

25. marvel_freshman

Fair enough. But still, no one knows for sure, so it is worth mentioning as evidence until proven otherwise.

BTW came across this on Twitter. I don't see any dates, but I remember the guys from Boxoffice.com forums saying private screening was pushed back from Jan. 30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.