The Israel Situation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd rather see Putin kicked out.

Eh Putin's not coming to my congress trying to sabotage my country's negotiations with Iran. Im just sick and tired of Netanyahu. His agenda. His rhetoric. And his actions.

*Looks at election results*

rmdSx.gif

Netanyahu was unlikely to lose after he appealed to the far right racists in the country. This just gives me more incentive to get out and vote next year for a democratic president who might not kiss his ass. If Yahu wants to drag his country to the gutter I want us to have as little involvment in it as possible.

Last edited:
This just gives me more incentive to get out and vote next year for a democratic president who might not kiss his ass.

Sadly I don't think Hillary is that person and whoever is the Republican will be 10 times worse

Well, the Republican party is dominated by Neo-Zionists, and the Democrats don't have the testicular fortitude to stick up to the hawks in Israel.

Peace is dead.

Meanwhile, Ethnic Cleansing Continues unabated

2d83xc2.jpg

For the second time this year, Israeli settlers have tried to evict this woman and her family from their house in the Muslim Quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem to make way for a Jewish settler family.

--

35mds2b.jpg

Coming home from kindergarten to discover Israel demolished your home
Authorities this week demolished homes in the unrecognized Bedouin village of Saawa – for the fourth time.

--

The Palestinians need a Mandela.

Sadly I don't think Hillary is that person and whoever is the Republican will be 10 times worse

Guess Ill be voting for the lesser of two evils once again.

2d83xc2.jpg

For the second time this year, Israeli settlers have tried to evict this woman and her family from their house in the Muslim Quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem to make way for a Jewish settler family.

--

35mds2b.jpg

Authorities this week demolished homes in the unrecognized Bedouin village of Saawa – for the fourth time.

--

This story made me sad. I cannot imagine the life these people are living in day in day out. Thoughts of the little boy coming home from school only to find his house destroyed and his parents crying is just so wrong.

Is it any wonder the cycle of violence continues? We (the US) needs to stop sending our money and weapons over to a country doing these types of acts on another people. If the US continues to support Israel then we are an accessory to the crimes committed there.

The US should cut all ties with Israel. They've taken enough of our money.

I just think the US should treat Israel like any other country. No more blank checks and unconditional support.

I just think the US should treat Israel like any other country. No more blank checks and unconditional support.

That would make me insanely happy and any politician who helped make that happen would get a lot of browny points from me. Unfortunately tho there are too many Zionists in Washington who believe that Israel's existence fulfills prophecy and/or that if we dont support them God's wrath will befall us. And the ones who arent Zionists simply think Israel's crimes can be ignored as long as they are an "ally". So the status quo is unlikely to change any time soon. I doubt we'd even stop supporting Israel if they gased an entire refugee camp. Politicians would find some way to blame it on the victims or just outright ignore the whole thing cause god forbid we tell Israel that they arent above laws and that they arent special little snowflakes.

That would make me insanely happy and any politician who helped make that happen would get a lot of browny points from me. Unfortunately tho there are too many Zionists in Washington who believe that Israel's existence fulfills prophecy and/or that if we dont support them God's wrath will befall us. And the ones who arent Zionists simply think Israel's crimes can be ignored as long as they are an "ally". So the status quo is unlikely to change any time soon. I doubt we'd even stop supporting Israel if they gased an entire refugee camp. Politicians would find some way to blame it on the victims or just outright ignore the whole thing cause god forbid we tell Israel that they arent above laws and that they arent special little snowflakes.
IF Isreal is dumped then so should Turkey! Turkey has committed several acts of genocide on Armenians, Greeks, Kurds and Assyrians in the past 115 years!

Also Israel will NOT gas anyone! Gaza keeps launching rockets into Israel. What do you expect the Israelis to do.

2d83xc2.jpg

--

35mds2b.jpg

--

Ethnic cleansing?? Doubtful. None of the people lost their lives unlike what is going in Syria, and Northern Iraq now that IS ethnic cleansing!

This story made me sad. I cannot imagine the life these people are living in day in day out. Thoughts of the little boy coming home from school only to find his house destroyed and his parents crying is just so wrong.

Is it any wonder the cycle of violence continues? We (the US) needs to stop sending our money and weapons over to a country doing these types of acts on another people. If the US continues to support Israel then we are an accessory to the crimes committed there.

How about when we were backing the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt who was basically outlawing Christianity and Secularism?

Those photos don't show the whole story. For all we know that father and son could have built their village on someone else's land and not their own. Also that lady could not even had her house taken? Citations please!

Last edited:
Ethnic cleansing is such a sickening term. We should just call this what it really is. It's genocide.

The former term is more accurate where populations are being moved rather than murdered, however.

Ethnic cleansing is such a sickening term. We should just call this what it really is. It's genocide.

We can....governments on the other hand find it very hard to say the word because once the government has said the term, (you will usually hear ethnic cleansing or "acts" of genocide, rather than actually calling it genocide) because once they do then that puts that country on record and therefore they should be the one to stop it.

Example, Rwanda, leaders called it "acts" of genocide, and one US state department person said there was even an equation they used to figure out if it was in fact genocide....Clinton said it was the worst mistake of his Presidency, and yet.....Yugoslavia and we had to wait for that "equation" to tell them if it was in fact genocide.

So, don't look for that term to be used any time soon. A more specific and probably more accurate term is Apartheid.

There is a distinction. Ethnic cleansing can also be forced removal. Genocide is mass murder intended to eradicate.

IF Isreal is dumped then so should Turkey! Turkey has committed several acts of genocide on Armenians, Greeks, Kurds and Assyrians in the past 115 years!

Also Israel will NOT gas anyone! Gaza keeps launching rockets into Israel. What do you expect the Israelis to do.

I didnt say Israel would gas anyone. I said if. It was purely hypothetical to make a point of how blind our government is to their transgressions. They could gas people and I doubt our government would do anything. Washington and the zionists act like its base treason to be opposed to the "almighty" Israel.

And terrorists launching rockets at them does not give Israel the right to steal land from the innocent, be racist, and commit war crimes. And after all these years it should be painfully obvious that Israel's strategy of committing the above crimes and matching every blow the terrorists send their way isnt a winning strategy to achieve peace. Fact is the Right in Israel and Yahu and his band of happy racists wont hear any strategy that involves justice for innocent arabs.

U.S. Chides Netanyahu's Party After Israeli Election Win

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration signaled on Wednesday it could take a tougher stance toward Benjamin Netanyahu following his decisive Israeli election victory and campaign tack to the right, saying there will be consequences for his sudden reversal on the idea of an independent Palestinian state.

While senior American officials said the administration was still evaluating options, they suggested the U.S. could ease its staunch opposition to Palestinians turning to the UN Security Council to create a state.

"There are policy ramifications for what he said," one official said of Netanyahu's campaign rhetoric rejecting the creation of a Palestinian state. "This is a position of record."

If Netanyahu holds firm to his opposition to a two-state resolution to the Mideast conflict, it could force whoever sits in the Oval Office — now and in the next administration — to choose between the prime minister and a longstanding U.S. policy with bipartisan support.

Hours after the Israeli election results were finalized, the White House quickly reaffirmed its support for the idea of two independent nations living side by side, a central tenet of peace negotiations led by presidents from both U.S. political parties. And the White House sharply chastised Netanyahu's party for using anti-Arab rhetoric in the lead-up to the election.

"Rhetoric that seeks to marginalize one segment of their population is deeply concerning and it is divisive," Obama spokesman Josh Earnest said.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6895340?utm_hp_ref=tw

:awesome: It will probably result in little change, but I hope this backfires in Yahu's face.

If Netanyahu didn't do things like address Congress, flat out state that a Palestinian state will not happen under his watch, and run a completely racist campaign at the last moment, I doubt that little change would happen. But the recent stuff, I would be surprised if the Obama Administration did not change things to finally show Israel just who the superpower is in our relationship. Just like how the Palestinian elections that elected Hamas had consequences, this is going to have consequences as well IMO.

As long as the Republicans in congress are... somewhat creepily obsessed with Israel, I don't see much change happening.

Obama probably won't veto an aid package to Israel.

The last president to stand up to Israel and its lobby was Bush Sr. That led to the Oslo peace accords.

The Israeli lobby used to joke that they could get congress to sign a napkin. I think that might actually be true now, with this strange Israel worship Republicans in congress have.

I'm not saying he can't do anything, but Obama does not have the sway Bush Sr. did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"