The Dark Knight The James Gordon / Gary Oldman Thread

Oldman was the casting choice of a God.

And the person who had the idea of him playing Gordon was Chris Nolan.

What are the odds?

just shows the versatility of a truly great actor.

is he like Gordon? maybe in some respects, but there is just so many different facets of his personality that doesnt quite fit the Gordon mold, but fits well all the other roles he played before-- psychos included.

i think Oldman is more like The Joker, except that he has acting as an outlet for the negative emotions.

He is the type of actor where I like almost everything he is in, cameo or big role. Another actor like him that I respect is Kevin Spacey, and look at him. Kevin Spacey loves acting, but recently said he isn't interested in making movies any and that he is pretty much done with them. That's great that both of these actors aren't full of themselves, and it shows in their performances.

i dont know much abour his past but was he like some kind of wacko in the past or something?

Oldman is an Atomic Acting Superbeing.

Cooper said he turned it down because it wasn't developed enough. something like that.

Was Chris Cooper or Dennis Quaid approached before Oldman/ Glad they turned it down if so. Agreed about JFK - watched that two weeks ago and he was mesmerising.

You don't watch Heroes? Best thing on telly these days.

He sounds 'teh realisticz'.

I'm not a big television viewer. If I sat down and watched an episode, I'd probably like it.

"I just won an Oscar" Cooper. Meh. Why the hell hasn't Oldman won one?

The thing i really liked about begins was the way Gordon was part of the story, not just a fat bloke in a trilby like B89. Oldman was perfect, he was gordon from Year 1

Agreed, and Oldman was the one, who got the exact Gordon's moves, thoughts and especially look. He is the perfect JG :up:

just shows the versatility of a truly great actor.

is he like Gordon? maybe in some respects, but there is just so many different facets of his personality that doesnt quite fit the Gordon mold, but fits well all the other roles he played before-- psychos included.

i think Oldman is more like The Joker, except that he has acting as an outlet for the negative emotions.

Gordon hasn't always been a saint. I think that is what Oldman was kinda getting at - sure he has his demons in the past, (as does Gordon) but he has matured into a responsible, decent human being.

Love the new avvy, Norm.

This is one of the few avy's I have used more than once.

I love it so, though perhaps not as much as this one:

Ror-Alf.gif

Because talent is nothing of the Oscar business.

Amen, unfortunately.

Cool interview. I was afraid someone so serious as Oldman would play a character in a comic book movie, think of it as ridiculous later on, and drop out.

He's a terrific actor, underrated, but he plays too many psychos. I for one was glad to see him play a normal guy. He's like the John Wayne of psycho roles.

That nearly brought tears to my eyes. Gary Oldman IS Jim Gordon!

Out of all of the actors, Oldman was one of the few that got the character completely and utterly RIGHT. Shame that he barely did anything in the movie (seriously, with the exception of him in the Tumbler his character could have bene cut out completely).

Hopefully he gets a bigger role this time around. :up:

I still to this day find it hard to believe this is the same man who played Lee Harvey Oswald so convincingly, he looked just like him. And now he looks just like Gordon, it's all pretty strange, but an excellent actor nonetheless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"