The Joker Thread - Part 1

I feel like Christoph Waltz or Matt Smith could do a great Joker

Waltz for Doc Ock

Or Hugo Strange but I kinda want one of the Mikkelsens for that one (I feel like they could both pull off Strange AND Ra's Al Ghul so I'd be cool with either of them in either role but I'd probably prefer Mads as Ra's and Lars as Hugo)

Who's Lars?

Lars Mikkelsen. Brother of Mads Mikkelsen

5278094-low_res-sherlock.jpg

Since they made The Batman younger you have to go with a younger Joker so who fits that bill? I would go with Bill Skarsgard

well since bill skarsgard already played an evil clown in it and since the joker is an evil clown I think bill skarsgard could play the joker because he had shown he can play an evil clown

Bill Skarsgard is a horrible, horrible fancast for Joker. About as uninspired and boring as you can get.

It might be "uninspired" and "boring" (which are just buzz words for "Perfect for the role" but it's popular now to cast against type for some reason), but Skarsgard is a great choice. He'd kill it, he's the best option if they're going in that age range.

The nicest thing I can say about Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise is that he was, at best, an adequate replacement for Will Poulter. He's a perfectly decent actor who did a perfectly decent job but there's nothing he does in that role that any other young actor with a weird vibe couldn't have done just as well. He's not the caliber of actor you want to be the Joker to Pattinson's Batman.

Chalamet is a crazy intriguing and potentially downright inspired choice. He's way too boyish now but once he starts getting closer to thirty I'll bet that changes. Nothing wrong with Joker being slight and faintly androgynous.

I know it's impossible, but Robert Sheehan with an american accent and a well-written Joker could be good.

I don't get why so many people have a hardon over this Chalamet kid. I think I've only seen him in Interstellar and only realized he was in that because I did a Google search on him.

The nicest thing I can say about Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise is that he was, at best, an adequate replacement for Will Poulter. He's a perfectly decent actor who did a perfectly decent job but there's nothing he does in that role that any other young actor with a weird vibe couldn't have done just as well. He's not the caliber of actor you want to be the Joker to Pattinson's Batman.

Chalamet is a crazy intriguing and potentially downright inspired choice. He's way too boyish now but once he starts getting closer to thirty I'll bet that changes. Nothing wrong with Joker being slight and faintly androgynous.
Goddamn! THANK YOU! Bill’s Pennywise is honestly not scary at all. I think he sort of did a bad job. Curry’s Pennywise blows his out of the water, they don’t even compare. It shows the discrepancy in talent level. Curry’s Pennywise is iconic.

Poulter is far and away the best option for Joker at this point. With Caleb coming in second.

I don't get why so many people have a hardon over this Chalamet kid. I think I've only seen him in Interstellar and only realized he was in that because I did a Google search on him.
Maybe they’ve seen him in something other than interstellar. :o

Maybe they’ve seen him in something other than interstellar. :o

Well obviously, but he seems to have come out of nowhere and it just took me by surprise how many are rooting for him to play the Joker.

Regarding Skarsgard... I never thought of him for the role until seeing Castle Rock, seriously. Dude straight up LOOKS like the Joker, without any clown makeup or whatever. I liked him as Pennywise but seeing him in that movie didn't make me want to see him as the Joker.

Chalamet... eh, dude is in everything right now and more importantly, he looks like he's 14. Maybe he'll age rapidly by the time The Batman 2 goes into production but I doubt it.

Regarding Skarsgard... I never thought of him for the role until seeing Castle Rock, seriously. Dude straight up LOOKS like the Joker, without any clown makeup or whatever. I liked him as Pennywise but seeing him in that movie didn't make me want to see him as the Joker.

Chalamet... eh, dude is in everything right now and more importantly, he looks like he's 14. Maybe he'll age rapidly by the time The Batman 2 goes into production but I doubt it.
We're suggesting him for Batman 3, not 2.

The Joker might even make an appearance in Batman 1! Who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"