The Joker Thread - Part 1

So many movies where actors played their twin brother or like ten different roles and yet we can't have someone play Batman and Joker at once

It would a great way to pay tribute to Mike Meyers’ for his portrayal of bight Hero and Villain in the Austin Powers films

Tbh, I watched The True History of The Kelly Gang just to see what all the MacKay hype was about, and Hoult plays a pretty despicable character there.

Not my first choice (idk who that'd even be anymore) but I can see it. Between that and Skins, he's pretty good at playing sociopaths
I'd honestly prefer Mackay out of the two. I can kiiiinda see Hoult but something about it feels off.

We know Reeves screen tested Hoult and Pattinson together, and that was 10 days after Pattinson had been rumored to be confirmed for the role by Variety. Because no one thinks Joker is in this movie, nobody came to this conclusion at the time, and just assumed Reeves had doubts and wanted to do another test.

I kinda want to see what Shia would do with the role. One of the most misunderstood and gifted artists of our time IMO

He-Has-World-Best-Really-Face.gif

Shia is amazing but I kinda don't see him as Joker.

Btw, I'll say this over and over but Honey Boy is one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen.

Shia is amazing but I kinda don't see him as Joker.

Btw, I'll say this over and over but Honey Boy is one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen.
I don't see him as Joker either, but he was pretty good in Peanut Butter Falcon.

We know Reeves screen tested Hoult and Pattinson together, and that was 10 days after Pattinson had been rumored to be confirmed for the role by Variety. Because no one thinks Joker is in this movie, nobody came to this conclusion at the time, and just assumed Reeves had doubts and wanted to do another test.

With all due respect, I really do feel like this is a bit of a stretch.

If I had to guess, and granted a lot of this is purely guesswork on my part for now, if Joker is in the first movie, I'd wager on it being more likely that Reeves cast a nobody actor to stand in for the part for a brief cameo much like Feige and Whedon did for Thanos in the first Avengers film, so that he can probably sort out and cast the part in earnest when the time comes to work on the sequels.

However I wouldn't be opposed per se if this were to be proven accurate.

With all due respect, I really do feel like this is a bit of a stretch.

If I had to guess, and granted a lot of this is purely guesswork on my part for now, if Joker is in the first movie, I'd wager on it being more likely that Reeves cast a nobody actor to stand in for the part for a brief cameo much like Feige and Whedon did for Thanos in the first Avengers film, so that he can probably sort out and cast the part in earnest when the time comes to work on the sequels.

However I wouldn't be opposed per se if this were to be proven accurate.
I feel like having the Joker actor as a stand-in for the first movie feels much more likely

I'm playing for all sides. If they want a "name" for Joker, then I've got a few choices in mind. If they want a relatively semi-obscure character actor or an up-and-comer for the role then I've got a few choices in mind for that as well. If they want Joaquin back, then I won't throw a fit over that at all.

I feel like having the Joker actor as a stand-in for the first movie feels much more likely
My theory I posted in another thread (about SOTL) would mean that Joker plays enough of a role they would need to have cast him. I don't think he is just gonna be a shadow in a cell in some post credit scene. And the Thanos stand in thing works better for Thanos and the MCU, where he wasn't immediately in the next movie. People will notice the discrepancy between actors far more here. I think Reeves' is a classier filmmaker than that. He also seems to have been planning this whole series out in advance so I'm sure he has an actor picked out, and his depiction of Joker already planned.

My theory I posted in another thread (about SOTL) would mean that Joker plays enough of a role they would need to have cast him. I don't think he is just gonna be a shadow in a cell in some post credit scene. And the Thanos stand in thing works better for Thanos and the MCU, where he wasn't immediately in the next movie. People will notice the discrepancy between actors far more here. I think Reeves' is a classier filmmaker than that. He also seems to have been planning this whole series out in advance so I'm sure he has an actor picked out, and his depiction of Joker already planned.
That would explain why he's been meeting with other actors like Gyllenhaal for instance.

I’d be fine with Jake as Joker. His nervous ticks would tie in well with conveying Joker’s insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"