The Joker Thread - Part 1

Eeeeh, tbf that screenshot of the mould is pretty low quality. Low quality enough that could just be masking the lack of detail
Even so, I feel like I can make out most of the features enough. Even the hair doesn't look as patchy

And… am I crazy or is that a Nicholson-Joker mold under that white face on the top left?

oh man... now that's a JOKER

FOj1KDNWQAg7n0p

Updated version:

20220613_164554.jpg

We should never trust Grace Randolph but she’s saying expect two new Harley’s because Reeves apparently wants his own Quinzel for the Arkham show.

Well it wasn't that long ago that WB seemed to have like 4 Harley Quinn movies in development.

I think Margot is done tbh. SS3 isn't happening for awhile according to Gunn and she's doing Barbie and POTC first I believe.

I think Margot is done tbh. SS3 isn't happening for awhile according to Gunn and she's doing Barbie and POTC first I believe.
True but it’s still going to happen eventually and Margot won’t decline that offer.

We just have to accept that the bigger characters will have multiple versions on screen at the same time. Best thing to do would be to space them out at least. Have Margot return near the end of the decade for a fun team-up (which is all she’s been doing anyway as Harley). Gaga’s appearance in Joker 2 will likely lead to a Harley Quinn spin-off film if she gets good reviews. The Oscar crowd will love the fact that Gaga is in that sequel. She’s becoming an Oscar-bait actress these days.

Then Reeves can either dodge the character altogether or bring Quinzel into the Arkham show on HBO Max. Just Dr. Quinzel...think about Harley for a later project. Cast an early 20’s actress to balance out the 30-something Gaga and Robbie.

True but it’s still going to happen eventually and Margot won’t decline that offer.

Or maybe the POTC films will lead to sequels, and maybe Marvel will scoop her up for Sue Storm or any of their other upcoming films, giving her two franchises (both part of brands known for billion dollar box office returns, unlike any previous Harley Quinn film appearance).

We just have to accept that the bigger characters will have multiple versions on screen at the same time. Best thing to do would be to space them out at least. Have Margot return near the end of the decade for a fun team-up (which is all she’s been doing anyway as Harley). Gaga’s appearance in Joker 2 will likely lead to a Harley Quinn spin-off film if she gets good reviews. The Oscar crowd will love the fact that Gaga is in that sequel. She’s becoming an Oscar-bait actress these days.

Then Reeves can either dodge the character altogether or bring Quinzel into the Arkham show on HBO Max. Just Dr. Quinzel...think about Harley for a later project. Cast an early 20’s actress to balance out the 30-something Gaga and Robbie.
Man I’m chomping at the bit just THINKING about all the great scenes and dialogue between these two characters we could get. Suicide Squad really didn’t have time to flesh that out.

I’m not exactly sure how I feel about this joker. I really want to like him and I did after watching the clip for the first time but my feelings have changed a little since then.
I guess it’s just because we do ONLY have that short clip and then a bunch of fan art.
I really love the inspiration behind him.

We were several on the board trying to connect Reeves' visual references to old movies and expecting his Joker to evoke "The Man Who Laughs". While the director apparently kept the concept of a disease causing a permanent smile, it's pretty clear that he's going for something else for the overall look.
If a certain vision of Cobain served as a model for Batman, to stay in the sphere of musical artists, the more I think about this new Joker, the more I can see him having some of Keith Flint spirit.

41eDNaIsjoL._AC_.jpg

The patched hair, dyed green in a "punk" way, the quite British face (yeah, I know how that sounds)... The artist has actually had a pretty flamboyant wardrobe in his career. I'm not saying it's accurate or perfectly suited to the comic character, but I could see Reeves taking some inspiration from it. Just like Nolan used a bit of Johnny Rotten for his Joker (which isn't a too distant reference actually).

Something in the Way is to Batman what Firestarter is to Joker… I like it..

The Empirion Mix is by far the best version of the song, and it’s slept on.

Or maybe the POTC films will lead to sequels, and maybe Marvel will scoop her up for Sue Storm or any of their other upcoming films, giving her two franchises (both part of brands known for billion dollar box office returns, unlike any previous Harley Quinn film appearance).
Covid certainly had its part to play, but as a fan of her last two appearances, it’s a major buzzkill that her highest-grossing movie is also the worst of the three.

Larry Storch was always one of my favourite Jokers. When reading the comics, the default Joker voice that I hear in my mind always alternates between Hamill and Storch.

3aca13ad6a4ccbf8-600x338.jpg

RIP to the man.

Have the Joker perform this

And let it wash away the taste of those godawful Family Guy episodes.

You know, it’s funny, for as much as Pattinson’s age has been brought up relative to other Batman performances, I haven’t really seen any of that with the Joker, and it just occurred to me that Barry probably isn’t far off in age to what Heath was in TDK. He’s about to turn 30, Heath died just before he was going to turn 29.

About the same age, but something about Barry and his take just seems so much younger.

They are the youngest Batman and Joker on screen both are still in their late 20s, but yeah Barry's take feels more boyish and playful in general which is a fresh and new take. You can see this Joker just wants to have fun with Batsy. He doesn't have a point to prove, no philosophy, just pure evil.

Last edited:
The wildness of Barry Keoghan

Thankfully, Keoghan has a second shot at a superhero franchise. In the summer of 2020, he joined the cast of Matt Reeves’ darker neo-noir take on The Batman. “I wanted to be Riddler,” Keoghan says. A clip of Keoghan’s audition for The Batman has existed publicly on the internet for three years, but barely anyone has seen it. In the clip, an elevator opens to Saint-Saëns’ “Danse Macabre” and out steps Keoghan dressed in a black shirt and shoes, trousers held up by green suspenders. His Riddler wears a bowler hat, carries a cane and wears dark Alex DeLarge eyeliner. He slowly struts down the corridor, eyeballing doors like prey lies behind each one, before turning a corner and re-emerging, grinning, a bloody handprint struck across his cheek, when the clip cuts to black.

Keoghan’s unsolicited audition – created simply because he heard the film was happening and he wanted to be a part of it – initially proved fruitless. When he met the film’s producer, Dylan Clark, the role of Riddler had been filled, at that point by Jonah Hill and later by Paul Dano. He asked Clark to watch it anyway.

For four months, he heard nothing. Then a call came in from his agent while he was having dinner with a friend in New York. They’d seen the tape, his agent said. “The Batman wants you to play the Joker – but you cannot tell anyone.”

Keoghan’s Joker is a man made from his own experiences, both “a bit charming and a bit hurt”. Beneath heavy prosthetics that make him look like a maniac run through a meat grinder, Keoghan insisted his blue eyes stayed the same. “I wanted some sort of human in there behind the makeup,” he says. “I want people to relate to him… [to know] this is a façade he puts on.” The character is, to Keoghan, “a broken-down boy”.

Keoghan only appears in The Batman’s final moments, guarded by corrugated bars of a jail cell. But a deleted scene featuring Keoghan released online has been viewed more than 10 million times. Recently, Keoghan texted Reeves a listicle that rated the best Jokers put to screen. “There were seven and I was number four,” he says, grinning. “Lads, with four minutes of screen time, not bad eh!?”

Keoghan has not yet been invited back for a sequel but the character, kept under wraps and revealed only when audiences finally saw it in theatres, feels like the set-up of something bigger. “As soon as that call comes,” he insists, “I’m there man, I’m there.”

Keoghan’s Joker is a man made from his own experiences, both “a bit charming and a bit hurt”. Beneath heavy prosthetics that make him look like a maniac run through a meat grinder, Keoghan insisted his blue eyes stayed the same. “I wanted some sort of human in there behind the makeup,” he says. “I want people to relate to him… [to know] this is a façade he puts on.” The character is, to Keoghan, “a broken-down boy”.

i love this description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"