• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Joker Thread - Part 1

Horror Joker.
Since it’s pg-13, I’m not sure what that means.

I feel like Professor Pyg is more in line with that interpretation

An elephant man killer just feels outside my interest versus something brand new.

I think cutting the first Joker scene was a mistake. It makes the second scene feel less tacked on and I think Joker in a Hannibal Lector type role is pretty cool.
I think saving him for an SOTL/Red Dragon role works better for a sequel. Then make him a main in the third. People are already *****ing about "Joker fatigue" just from that minute and a half near the end of him. Small sprinkles are better, that way they have nothing to complain about because he's not hogging all the attention.

I think saving him for an SOTL/Red Dragon role works better for a sequel. Then make him a main in the third. People are already *****ing about "Joker fatigue" just from that minute and a half near the end of him. Small sprinkles are better, that way they have nothing to complain about because he's not hogging all the attention.

I like that idea, but it is worth mentioning that just the internet is *****ing about Joker fatigue. I’ve seen the film three times and the Joker scene is the only scene to get audible cheers every time. Also, it’s not a coincidence the film tested better with the scene in it than without it. People love Joker.

i hope they bring joker back after this new film.
I read this am on the variety report Reeves has no intentions of using him for any further films.

which lends me to believe he will be on the show.

the article explained in detail his disease and makeup effects. The scene was meant to depict the idea there is more going on, not just riddler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it looks like we won’t be getting more of it. At least not in the films….
'The Batman' Ending: Matt Reeves on Barry Keoghan's Role - Variety
All he is saying is not to expect him in the sequel just because of the tease in this film. By Reeves' own admission he doesn't know who the sequel villain would be yet.

Having said that, you don't cast Keoghan, go through the entire process of designing his look, and then stress that he isn't The Joker "yet" if you have no intention of using him again.

All he is saying is not to expect him in the sequel just because of the tease in this film. By Reeves' own admission he doesn't know who the sequel villain would be yet.

Having said that, you don't cast Keoghan, go through the entire process of designing his look, and then stress that he isn't The Joker "yet" if you have no intention of using him again.
i see your point.

however I believe he will be more used in one of the shows, or used as a Hannibal lecter type if he uses him at all.

That's the beauty of it. We shall see.

Since we got an archetypally different Batman I’ve been trying to mull over what Joker archetype we haven’t seen before or haven’t seen in a long time.

Nicholson - Quirky ex-gangster
Ledger - Philosphical anarchist
Leto - Re-roll of Nicholson
Phoenix - Social outcast

I’d prefer something fresh that doesn’t retread similar themes, but I’m not quite sure what that is or what fits best with this universe.

I see this Joker as having elements of Telltale Joker but being way more malevolent from the get-go. With the extremely limited info about him we have I imagine him taking on a similar weirdly sweet, helpful persona with Riddler... while being a much nastier, more classic Joker underneath.

I can get behind that, there are elements of that that remind me of BTAS Joker that I really like. There’s something about Keoghan’s boyish voice that’s disarming, similar to Hamill’s voice and that characterisation where he’s legitimately funny and sometimes feigns genuine emotion, but is completely insane too.

Since we got an archetypally different Batman I’ve been trying to mull over what Joker archetype we haven’t seen before or haven’t seen in a long time.

Nicholson - Quirky ex-gangster
Ledger - Philosphical anarchist
Leto - Re-roll of Nicholson
Phoenix - Social outcast

I’d prefer something fresh that doesn’t retread similar themes, but I’m not quite sure what that is or what fits best with this universe.
Keoangh- manipulative nihhlistic therapist.

Which is funny because I feel like that is inevitably going to be what Joker 2 is about.

Redacted.
As a new poster here, you really should read the notices and rules posted by the mods. Namely, this one just one page back...
You guys are really lucky that I am in a really good mood from this movie, because having to tag all of your spoilers was bloody exhausting. :funny:

Next one who starts a chain of untagged spoilers gets a week in the cooler!!! :argh:
8KEH.gif

joker-bye.gif

There's apparently speculation on Reddit that Rataalada's loading screen is leading up to something Joker related. It started at 6% and today shot up to 20%, then 30%.
Maybe it's a mugshot or the deleted scene?

There's apparently speculation on Reddit that Rataalada's loading screen is leading up to something Joker related. It started at 6% and today shot up to 20%, then 30%.

Pretty sure someone calculated that it's gonna hit 100% when Fortnite's shop resets so I think it's pretty likely to be just another Batman skin lmao

It would be great if it’s either a mugshot or an article that reveals a bit more about Riddler and maybe other inmates in the asylum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"