The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the new page :

JL reaction/review from BoxOfficeZ on BOT, who is an actual legit guy. Guy liked BvS. Dont remember his WW review.

Well, I seen it. Still kind of nuts that I just saw Justice League in a movie form. Just some quick impressions.

Was alright overall. Cool action scenes, some really nice crowdpleasing moments. Some of the editing is almost atrocious. You can tell the film was chopped up like crazy.

The soundtrack had some memorable bits but honestly I found it pretty meh. CGI seemed okay overall. The dialogue...not sure what I really feel about it.

Going to sleep on it

No surprise the editing is all over the place. :csad:

6I0QrT.png

Seems like this guy liked it

Box Office Gold
BoxOfficeZ
Gold Account
3,847 posts
Posted 8 minutes ago
Just adding, it's my own opinion in case it isn't obvious. I think because the movie tries to be a crowd pleaser it'll do huge numbers, but who knows. I'm very curious to see how box office numbers pans out for sure.

Mind you, BoxofficeZ totally trolled people with BvS.

I cant remember what it was exactly but he got a few details wrong when people asked about the spoilers. Not saying he is lying, just troll-o-meter is quite high lol.

No surprise the editing is all over the place. :csad:

I didn't get the chance to reply to your previous post buddy.

I get you're unhappy with some of the stuff that has give down but it sounds like a lot the fat that was cut was set up for future films. I font think we can categorically say that Snyder has been screwed over considering he was going to do the reshoots/edits himself. But we don't know of the runtime is gonna hamper the film or if the editing is bad (although I have to admit I sometimes find people moaning about editing and I don't notice stuff like that) until we see the film. Many films have been similar lengths and done a lot with the runtime. Films don't have to be over 2 hours and if I'm been honest I'd prefer more films clocked in at a round 2 hours rather than 2 hours plus. I often find films too long these days.

You know I'm a big fan of the 4 films so far but it's clear something had to give. They couldn't carry in with films that were getting mixed reviews (with the exception of Wonder Woman) it's not good for business. End of the day as much as I like Snyder, I love these characters more and I'm here for them.

I just hope the editing isn't on the level of Liam Neeson jumping over the fence in one of Taken films

I just hope the editing isn't on the level of Liam Neeson jumping over the fence in one of Taken films

Must be one of the sequels cause I’ve only seen the first one lol

See I’m a huge fan of horror and films like Friday the 13th etc. They really don’t spend too much time on the editing, maybe that’s why I don’t take much notice in other films haha

Must be one of the sequels cause I’ve only seen the first one lol

See I’m a huge fan of horror and films like Friday the 13th etc. They really don’t spend too much time on the editing, maybe that’s why I don’t take much notice in other films haha

Search it on youtube, it's amazing :funny:

That kind of editing I'd been worried for in a Russo MCU film. The kind of editing I'm worried about here is the Suicide Squad kind of editing. Sigh.

That kind of editing I'd been worried for in a Russo MCU film. The kind of editing I'm worried about here is the Suicide Squad kind of editing. Sigh.

The worst thing about Squad was purple diarrhea all over the shots. It's not gonna be here so I'm optimistic

I think my biggest fear is gonna come true with this. It's going to be completely and utterly "meh". It's not gonna blow anyone off their feet, but it won't be bad enough to leave a real stain. And honestly, that, for me, is the WORST possible scenario. I would seriously rather it be completely awful than just "whatever" because then we'd probably get another reboot. Now that's not ideal, but dammit... SOMEBODY is gonna come along and nail this thing eventually. If it's just "meh" enough to keep the ship afloat, I'm scared they'll just keep churning them out to that standard.

The worst thing about Squad was purple diarrhea all over the shots. It's not gonna be here so I'm optimistic

It reminded me of War Zone at times. I kept waiting on some parkour flipping Irish accent having **** stain to get blown up midair. :D

I get you're unhappy with some of the stuff that has give down but it sounds like a lot the fat that was cut was set up for future films. I font think we can categorically say that Snyder has been screwed over considering he was going to do the reshoots/edits himself. But we don't know of the runtime is gonna hamper the film or if the editing is bad (although I have to admit I sometimes find people moaning about editing and I don't notice stuff like that) until we see the film. Many films have been similar lengths and done a lot with the runtime. Films don't have to be over 2 hours and if I'm been honest I'd prefer more films clocked in at a round 2 hours rather than 2 hours plus. I often find films too long these days.

You know I'm a big fan of the 4 films so far but it's clear something had to give. They couldn't carry in with films that were getting mixed reviews (with the exception of Wonder Woman) it's not good for business. End of the day as much as I like Snyder, I love these characters more and I'm here for them.

All of the stuff. The editing WILL be noticeable, it was in the difference between the cinematic and ultimate versions of BvS and that scenario will make this look like Citizen Kane.

All of the stuff. The editing WILL be noticeable, it was in the difference between the cinematic and ultimate versions of BvS and that scenario will make this look like Citizen Kane.

But you can't say that if you haven't seen the film. You're making presumptions based off what little we know.

And I foresee this continuing DC's proud tradition that they've laid out for themselves. :D

My main fear for this movie was for the editing, which actually only came about when the runtime was announced. I don't what a choppy feel to it. That said, it sounds like the rest of the movie was pretty good. The action was cool, there were crowd-pleasing moments and the CGI wasn't bad!

Also, the score was meh? I wonder why.....

I'm actually happy that the fat got cut. Gives a leaner film, but I don't want them to fit the pieces together haphazardly. I want it to flow well.

Or like the editing in BvS TC.

I thought with someone competent like Whedon in the edit room, it wouldnt happen. But I guess WB's wishes reign supreme.

MOS, BvS UC, WW all have competent editing. BvS TC and SS dont, both movies being part of studio meddling. If JL is the same with editing problems, my guess would be yeah...WB at it again. I thought this wouldnt happen with Silverman gone though. I wouldnt blame Whedon either.

My guess? This movie gets praised by the nerd bloggers and the GA cause its gonna be crowdpleasing. The critics might be hard on it though. Lets see.

Last edited:
Also, BoxOfficeZ added an edit to his remark about the editing: "EDIT: Lemme expand on this, more like I feel like some stuff got left out for movie length reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"