• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't he just switch the channel in that scene?

I guess but in a film already with increasingly weird pacing it would be odd to have a two minute scene of just Clark cooking and just happening to catch two perfect news stories back to back.

What lesson? DCEU had only two films and only one of them has Ultimate Edition.

I guess shortening a film to gain more box office?

Didn't TDKR apparently get snipped for the same reasons?

Yeah Jokes, Why?

What if they are trying to fix the little things? What if they are removing the Bat Brand = Death sentence clip, what if they are removing scenes where Batman blows up the vehicles, what if Superman smiles more?

We know they are adding in scenes, but do we know they are removing some scenes away after all the criticism. I hope they do.

I guess but in a film already with increasingly weird pacing it would be odd to have a two minute scene of just Clark cooking and just happening to catch two perfect news stories back to back.
Of course. Because the film is called Batman v Superman, Clark can't catch two stories back to back. In fact, if it happens, I can totally see why Clark is interested in Batman's story. He watches that woman, he feels wrongly accused, he switches the channel and there's that guy, busy bringing justice as he sees fit.

Why would any of you take anything jokes said seriously? (or better yet why would you care :o )

And again, why are people blaming WB...

I just want the Bruce staring at Robin costume and WW watching the JL clips in entirely different places.

They should not have had a 5 minute JL advert just before the main fight, what a stupid ****ing idea. And have Bruce stare angrily and his costume then at the Robin costume in heartbreak THEN JUST GO TO A PARTY!

I guess shortening a film to gain more box office?

Didn't TDKR apparently get snipped for the same reasons?
I doubt anyone's intention was to make a long movie and then butcher it in a editing room. There was no need to trim Man of Steel. There was no need to trim Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. But Rises and Dawn of Justice, given their enormous stories, ended up being longer than they should be. They HAD to cut those movie down to earn money. If longer version fixes some stuff in the film, critics and fans will back off, but if the film doesn't earn minimal sum - it's a much bigger problem. Given that Justice League will have simpler plot, it probably won't need heavy editing to fit it into 2:30. Let's hope. Again, it's not always possible to predict. It's not so simple.

Of course. Because the film is called Batman v Superman, Clark can't catch two stories back to back. In fact, if it happens, I can totally see why Clark is interested in Batman's story. He watches that woman, he feels wrongly accused, he switches the channel and there's that guy, busy bringing justice as he sees fit.
Fair point that could actually work.

My overall issue with it is that it (or unlikely anything in the UC) doesn't at all effect their motivations before their fight.

Well whoever was the moron who decided to trim a ton of fat outta the BvS theatrical Cut, I.E. Warner Bros.

If there's an Ultimate cut for the Justice League film then there damn well be some serious pacing issues for the film, rinse and repeat.

tumblr_nxz1x6KVJu1tbealgo1_400.gif

How about don't write and shoot a 3 hour movie?

I am probably alone in this but I love 3 hour + movies. The longer I stay away from reality, the better. ;)

What if they are trying to fix the little things? What if they are removing the Bat Brand = Death sentence clip, what if they are removing scenes where Batman blows up the vehicles, what if Superman smiles more?
Absolutely no.
We know they are adding in scenes, but do we know they are removing some scenes away after all the criticism. I hope they do.
The only stuff I would like them to remove, but it's impossible:
1) I wish Lex found a batarang among shells on the floor, not on display in the box.
2) JL logos. It was too much. Even if Lex saw these symbols in action (metas wearing costumes and stuff, like in case of WW and AM), it was too unsubtle.

Logos wasn't a problem for me. Those were undeveloped rough logos.

How about don't write and shoot a 3 hour movie?
Yep, this should be a big lesson learned. Also these are comic book films, give people a little of what they want, pander to the audience a little more. These type of films, even if they are more serious, should not be anti fun, anti entertainment.

One of the top things I want Justice League to be is entertaining.

There's nothing wrong with a 3 hour movie. There's nothing wrong with a "grim dark" CBM. Just let the filmmakers do their thing and don't cut just for the sake of cutting. I'd rather a filmmaker give me their vision than give me what I want. I want to see how they envision the property. I already know how my own version would look. Gimme something different.

I doubt anyone's intention was to make a long movie and then butcher it in a editing room. There was no need to trim Man of Steel. There was no need to trim Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. But Rises and Dawn of Justice, given their enormous stories, ended up being longer than they should be. They HAD to cut those movie down to earn money. If longer version fixes some stuff in the film, critics and fans will back off, but if the film doesn't earn minimal sum - it's a much bigger problem. Given that Justice League will have simpler plot, it probably won't need heavy editing to fit it into 2:30. Let's hope. Again, it's not always possible to predict. It's not so simple.

Exactly.

And honestly, although I hate that they didn't give us the 3 hour cut, I don't think it would've changed a lot.

Some people will like it, but ..

It won't make the film funny or more family friendly. Superman is still not happy and we still see Batman's brutality.

This I think is the main reason. It's not that most of those who disliked it wanted more of it, it's that they got something they didn't want. Thus you see the constant comparison with the other studio style and approach.

Is the UC teaser music a new track? I like it.

The whole Knightmare scene should've been a post-credit scene. No "dream inside a dream" ********, though. Barry shows up and that's the cliffhanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"