The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
23032774_369172423521220_6944765153029345333_n.jpg

awkward

Just shows why people should not take all those 'expert opinions' seriously.

Suicide Squad proved anything is possible.:joker:

Yeah I'm seriously have Vietnam war flashbacks to SS regarding the comments saying "The actual movie won't be like that, it was heavily edited for the clip".

Just to play devil's advocate; just because they shot it for real doesn't mean the final plate wasn't eventually (partially) replaced with a CG double.

A notable example would be this ground-slide from MOS. There's a BTS featurette showing Cavill shooting this scene with wires, but it looked slower/rougher than the final shot; which looks to be entirely CG.

Happens all the time when director realizes the live-action plate isn't quite up to snuff. With that said, the shot in question here from JL does look fine. I think it's more than likely CG-enhanced early on in the transition though.

this video shows that there were practically no reshots scenes. The vast majority we saw in the trailers.
There is also a lot of natural settings.

@ 1:18. Did Wonder Woman park so far out from the kerb to leave room for the invisible jet?

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great, however I almost withdrew from seeing it because my heart has been set on Justice League this year. Just fearing that it won't do well. Still, I must admit, I did skip a lot of movie series this year that I would have normally gone to previously. Often sequels aren't as good. I didn't go to Transformers this time, because the trailers looked awful. I realized Guardians of the Galaxy couldn't possibly top the first one, it wasn't by the time I watched the movie on an airplane. I had intended on seeing War for the Planet of the Apes, but didn't have the time. All I've been anticipating to watch the most this year is Justice League, well, Logan and Wonder Woman too, but Justice League the most.

Thor: Ragnarok might have been great but my fears are starting to increase about Justice League. What if it bombs, or ends up being below average? 2016's comic book movies basically went like: Captain America: Civil War ended up being spectacular, BvS though? Not so much. This year however, DC did succeed with Wonder Woman. But can Justice League give you that similar satisfaction after leaving the cinema? I hope so. *Finger crossed*.

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great, however I almost withdrew from seeing it because my heart has been set on Justice League this year. Just fearing that it won't do well. Still, I must admit, I did skip a lot of movie series this year that I would have normally gone to previously. Often sequels aren't as good. I didn't go to Transformers this time, because the trailers looked awful. I realized Guardians of the Galaxy couldn't possibly top the first one, it wasn't by the time I watched the movie on an airplane. I had intended on seeing War for the Planet of the Apes, but didn't have the time. All I've been anticipating to watch the most this year is Justice League, well, Logan and Wonder Woman too, but Justice League the most.

Thor: Ragnarok might have been great but my fears are starting to increase about Justice League. What if it bombs, or ends up being below average? 2016's comic book movies basically went like: Captain America: Civil War ended up being spectacular, BvS though? Not so much. This year however, DC did succeed with Wonder Woman. But can Justice League give you that similar satisfaction after leaving the cinema? I hope so. *Finger crossed*.

Life goes on, more DC movies will be made etc.

It's just a movie

It's just a movie

Noted. I had to learn this the hard way. I've been a long life Superman fan and I like other superheroes too, but Superman is my favorite. When Ang Lee's Hulk was released, it was a disaster, but well, I just had to live with it. Then Superman Returns came out. I waited practically 2 years to see it and it was just...they make Superman into this really boring character, and it's a movie that seemed to appeal to younger children and not adults, well, no, they liked Batman and Spider-Man more because they actually get to fight villains. It's just with Superman, when they ruin your childhood in a poorly made film, it's kind of hard to get over. Man of Steel may have redeemed some of that for me, but BvS ruined it again. I grew up reading JL comics, and loved the animated series. It would a shame to destroy such a great concept, especially since it will be the first time they're on screen together in live action.

Noted. I had to learn this the hard way. I've been a long life Superman fan and I like other superheroes too, but Superman is my favorite. When Ang Lee's Hulk was released, it was a disaster, but well, I just had to live with it. Then Superman Returns came out. I waited practically 2 years to see it and it was just...they make Superman into this really boring character, and it's a movie that seemed to appeal to younger children and not adults, well, no, they liked Batman and Spider-Man more because they actually get to fight villains. It's just with Superman, when they ruin your childhood in a poorly made film, it's kind of hard to get over. Man of Steel may have redeemed some of that for me, but BvS ruined it again. I grew up reading JL comics, and loved the animated series. It would a shame to destroy such a great concept, especially since it will be the first time they're on screen together in live action.

With Superman Returns, Bryan Singer wasn't making a superhero movie. He was making a romantic drama that women will line up to see. Here is what he said about the movie.

“What I had noticed is that there weren’t a lot of women lining up to see a comic book movie, but they were going to line up to see ‘The Devil Wears Prada,’ which may have been something I wanted to address,”

“When you’re making a movie you’re thinking, ‘Wow, I want to make a romantic movie that harkens back to the Richard Donner movie that I loved so much.’ And that’s what I did,”

Trying to turn a Superman movie into a romantic drama was a really dumb decision by Bryan Singer. Then Snyder comes along and tries to unsuccessfully deconstruct Superman. We Superman fans have been very unlucky. We keep getting directors who have their own weird ideas about what a Superman movie should be. Ideas that are incongruous to a Superman movie. I can't wait to see a Superman movie that stays true to the character and NOT made for Devil Wears Prada crowd or in Watchmen mold.

It's just a movie

He can always look forward to Tyrese and the Fast and the Furious franchise. :up: In all honesty though, you're absolutely right. People are getting far too worked up over this one. Was there this much fear going into Avengers? I don't remember. I get that there's ALOT riding on this movie as far as the DCEU goes. This movie WILL without a doubt shape the things to come. If the response is positive and profitable, then the tone will continue in this current direction. If it fails, I can promise you after Aquaman, everything will get scrapped...again.

Reading back over pages last night I see I didn’t miss too much :funny:

He can always look forward to Tyrese and the Fast and the Furious franchise. :up: In all honesty though, you're absolutely right. People are getting far too worked up over this one. Was there this much fear going into Avengers? I don't remember. I get that there's ALOT riding on this movie as far as the DCEU goes. This movie WILL without a doubt shape the things to come. If the response is positive and profitable, then the tone will continue in this current direction. If it fails, I can promise you after Aquaman, everything will get scrapped...again.

Seriously? Fast and Furious? Nope. Not a chance.

Yeah I'm seriously have Vietnam war flashbacks to SS regarding the comments saying "The actual movie won't be like that, it was heavily edited for the clip".

Yeah, unfortunately that Batmobile chase scene was just as terrible in the final cut. That was eye opening.

RE that Metropolis Post newspaper... Superman's death is not mysterious lol

Seriously? Fast and Furious? Nope. Not a chance.

It was a joke. I guess you haven't been hearing about Tyrese's public meltdowns. They've been sad but fairly amusing, and...it's WB at least...isn't it? Wait...maybe it's not... Hell... :confused:

He can always look forward to Tyrese and the Fast and the Furious franchise. :up: In all honesty though, you're absolutely right. People are getting far too worked up over this one. Was there this much fear going into Avengers? I don't remember.

Why would there be so much fear going into Avengers when MCU's track record was better and more consistent than DCEU? Except WW, all DCEU movies have been divisive and received rotten score on RT. The success rate is 1 out of 4. Correct me if I am wrong but none of the MCU movies prior to Avengers received a rotten score on RT (although Ironman 2 should have).

RE that Metropolis Post newspaper... Superman's death is not mysterious lol

That’s the point though, when celebs die there’s always articles about whether they faked there death or were really lizard people and have gone home etc. That’s the point of the article, I think it’s clear the Metroplolis Post is meant to be one of those papers you don’t take seriously.

Avengers held fan screenings a month in advance with no embargoes. That helped assuage any fears.

Showing confidence in your product goes a long long way to calming the public, and I'm not gonna lie. DC DOES NOT seem to be exuding confidence. They seem timid and scared. It's not a good look. You'd think they'd be screaming from the rooftops how amazing bringing these characters together is. Are we just numb to this sorta thing at this point? Have we gotten that spoiled that something I used to dream of as a child that should be this mind blowing event is now just a..."meh". It's a crazy ass time to be a fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"