• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because everyone is talking about Ragnarok, they probably don't want the buzz to get lost

This is dumb logic. It’s TUESDAY. I’m pretty sure people who saw Thor over the weekend are not talking about it every second of the day at work or at school, or wherever they are. People can talk about multiple things at once. The implication of your comment is people are incapable of being excited about more than one thing.

Seriously, if the movie is so good, why hasn’t WB lifted the social media embargo? WB lifted the Wonder Woman social media embargo two weeks before release. Why? They were confident in the movie to do so. WB still keeping a kid on the social embargo for JL is a bit concerning.

I think JL is mixed. I’m thinking test screenings have gotten great praise, lukewarm praise, and at the same time negative talk.

I think the jury's been out for this one for a while. Not expecting particularly good reviews, probably decent is what we can expect. Best to just try to enjoy it for what it is.

Leave stingers to marvel!

I'm getting sick of end credit stingers. I didn't bother staying for Thor Ragnarok's.

But of course, Marvel has been so successful that it's become expected for other comic-book movies.

*sigh*

giphy.gif

I miss the poster M. Bison :(

I think the jury's been out for this one for a while. Not expecting particularly good reviews, probably decent is what we can expect. Best to just try to enjoy it for what it is.

I agree. I think test screenings have been mixed, with an equal range of reactions. Some had great praise, some were more lukewarm, and some were outright negative.

They aren't even stingers anymore, they are just either scenes that could be at the end, or just random jokes.

I'm guessing that social media embargo will be lifting soon considering WB just sent out free advance screening passes to fans lucky enough to snag a ticket on time. Screening is today, but I won't be able to make it since I've already got plans.

Expect some reactions tonight. Also note, WB did not do this for BvS or SS. They did it for WW though.

Edit: NOT TONIGHT! Sorry, I misread the ticket. It's on the 13th. So yeah, we should expect to hear critic and audience reactions on Monday at the latest.

Last edited:
Thor's opening weekend is over. It's Tuesday and there's no excuse at this point to keep social media reactions embargoed. The film comes out in 10 days. The longer they delay reactions, the more they're gonna justify people's concerns. I think Wonder Woman had social media reactions two weeks before release.

I'm starting to believe that social media embargo isn't lifting until at least this weekend.

It was about a week before.

Yup.

I will say if JL ends up a 75+, its gonna set a new standard for how DCEU's embargos are perceived. There are some people saying reactions are mixed, and some people saying reactions are positive. Who knows who's right. The truth is we can only take these people by their word. The only thing we can take as fact, is how close to the chest WB are holding reactions.

Seriously, if the movie is so good, why hasn’t WB lifted the social media embargo? WB lifted the Wonder Woman social media embargo two weeks before release. Why? They were confident in the movie to do so. WB still keeping a kid on the social embargo for JL is a bit concerning.

I think JL is mixed. I’m thinking test screenings have gotten great praise, lukewarm praise, and at the same time negative talk.

It wasn't two weeks before.

I remember some reactions for BvS before release that said it was better than TDK. So that made me think it was going to get an RT80+, but we all knew what happened. Regardless I still loved it. So yea, I'm not believing **** on reception in general until I see the actual movie.

It wasn't two weeks before.

Honestly just ignore him, he only ever comes here be negative. I can’t take people like that seriously because they just want to stir the pot.

I remember some reactions for BvS before release that said it was better than TDK. So that made me think it was going to get an RT80+, but we all knew what happened. Regardless I still loved it. So yea, I'm not believing **** on reception in general until I see the actual movie.

For the 800th time. Those BVS reactions were from fan screenings. Not critic screenings. When the social media embargo lifts we will be seeing critic reactions.

We went through this when the WW social media embargo lifted and critics were singing its praises. The narrative was “oh but the BVS reactions...” etc etc

So the WW embargo lifted the day before the first advanced screening that was open to the public. First screening for JL is November 13th. Wonder if we'll see the embargo lift prior to that. Maybe this Friday? I wouldn't think it'd lift on a Sunday, but maybe.

This is dumb logic. It’s TUESDAY. I’m pretty sure people who saw Thor over the weekend are not talking about it every second of the day at work or at school, or wherever they are. People can talk about multiple things at once. The implication of your comment is people are incapable of being excited about more than one thing.

Yeah nice talking to ya too :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back