Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think they were in a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" type of scenario.

They probably had several investors to answer to and would have taken a financial loss if they had delayed the film.

Plus, 2018 is already as crowded as it is with several big blockbusters, most notably Infinity War, coming out this summer as well.

And I think that if they had delayed this even further than people would have lost what little anticipation there was for this film from the start, due to the loss in momentum.

I'd agree, but there was really no momentum at all. The cast was doing the heavy lifting of doing the promotions themselves. Not a squeak/peep from the directors, producers, or the studio. Also, no cast appearances on talk shows? JL came and went with barely a whisper. It was really sad to see.

I'd agree, but there was really no momentum at all. The cast was doing the heavy lifting of doing the promotions themselves. Not a squeak/peep from the directors, producers, or the studio. Also, no cast appearances on talk shows? JL came and went with barely a whisper. It was really sad to see.

Indeed. The film that should have matter the most ended up barely making a dent in the long run.

It's not so much that the film is terrible as opposed to how disappointing it is when you think about the potential that a property like this had.

If "Justice League" had been released before the first Avengers or even before Nolan's "Dark Knight", I think it would have perhaps fared a bit better at the Box Office. But with filmmakers constantly raising the bar on what a comic book genre film can be, "Justice League" just didn't meet the normal standards that people have come to possess nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"