Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, you dont need seperate movies for the league members first to have a justice league movie. There have been many ensemble team up movies in the past without other character's seperate movies first. They are using the likes of Seven Samurai as template, so one can say thats not required. Marvel did it that way and thats GREAT. Doesnt mean DC has to do the EXACT same thing otherwise its the wrong way. We had the super succesful JL animated show(Which had only pre introduced Superman and Batman) and they did it in about 60 mins.Its certainly doable and I would argue doable in a great way, its all about the execution man. Superman, WW and Batman are all introduced, Flash and Cyborg are simple to introduce and its only Aquaman that needs bit of intro.The motherboxes and all that tie neatly into Cyborg's story so thats good. There are only three threads that converge at the same place : Bruce recruiting the league, Steppenwolf's plan, Superman's ressurection. I dont think its too monumental a task.

Why is it wrong to avoid collateral damage if the last movie was criticized for it? Isnt it a good thing that they are listening to the fans?

Well if you have Batman going against Superman, the destruction in MOS is his most obvious motivation to go after, its the natural choice.

Kurosawa never planned to spin off Toshiro Mifune or Takashi Shimura's character after Seven Samurai. They were just regular prole who came from the same place. Flash and Aquaman bring their own worlds---speed force and Atlantis. The average person does not know how they got their powers, who they are and they don't understand the concepts of their characters. Not to mention motherboxes, cyborg and so on. Bruce recruiting all of them is no issue if they were regular people or had been previously established. But you can't expect the GA to have the same sense of thrill and emotion to see 5 people (3 of whom they've never met) come together to fight a villain they don't know. As supposed to years of build up via individual films.

PS - I had no issue with them fixing the collateral damage bit.

Last edited:
Kurosawa never planned to spin off Toshiro Mifune or Takashi Shimura's character after Seven Samurai. They were just regular prole who came from the same place. Flash and Aquaman bring their own worlds---speed force and Atlantis. The average person does not know how they got their powers, who they are and they don't understand the concepts of their characters. Not to mention motherboxes, cyborg and so on. Bruce recruiting all of them is no issue if they were regular people or had been previously established. But you can't expect the GA to have the same sense of thrill and emotion to see 5 people (3 of whom they've never met) come together to fight a villain they don't know. As supposed to years of build up via individual films.

PS - I had no issue with them fixing the collateral damage bit.

I actually doubt that many people saw TIH,Thor 1 or Cap 1 before Avengers. Sure after it they might have. So idk about that part. I mean the concept of Flash and Cyborg are not so difficult to grasp. Flash is a guy who runs fast. The speed force stuff can be introduced later in his solo flick. Cyborg is half human- half machine. Again simple stuff.Aquaman is more complicated, and from what we hear, he will have bigger role naturally. I just think that if the characterization is right, the audience will connect with these characters and they dont need a solo movie before hand. I mean I know I didnt have the patience to wait for that. And also in movies like CW, they introduced BP and Spiderman(wonderfully) and they will have a solo movie later. And coincidentally they were called the best parts of the movie. So I dont agree that you need solo movie first for the audience to connect with you.

Making decent cash off films with awful critical reception is only winning half the battle. They've got a brand here that obviously can put asses in the seats, but they've still got a metric ton of s*** to work out, not the least of which is winning back those who've become cynical to it all.

I disagree with your assertion that somehow the critics matter in the DNA of a successful film. You should make your movie good for the general audience like it or not films like Transformers are successful films. They the critics, and awarding bodies are the icing on the cake like Ice Cube would say. When you make a movie to appease critics you get Oscar bait films like Spotlight, Still Alice or Birdman.

BvS was openly courting that kind of reception, with it's "it's such a smart movie, we're so deep and dark" marketing narrative.

I actually doubt that many people saw TIH,Thor 1 or Cap 1 before Avengers. Sure after it they might have. So idk about that part. I mean the concept of Flash and Cyborg are not so difficult to grasp. Flash is a guy who runs fast. The speed force stuff can be introduced later in his solo flick. Cyborg is half human- half machine. Again simple stuff.Aquaman is more complicated, and from what we hear, he will have bigger role naturally. I just think that if the characterization is right, the audience will connect with these characters and they dont need a solo movie before hand. I mean I know I didnt have the patience to wait for that. And also in movies like CW, they introduced BP and Spiderman(wonderfully) and they will have a solo movie later. And coincidentally they were called the best parts of the movie. So I dont agree that you need solo movie first for the audience to connect with you.
I don't necessarily think the Avengers template is the best template. The first 2 acts of that movie was a lot of fluff that amounted to filling of screen time because every character other than Maria Hill and Hawkeye were established, but they still decided to hammer you over the head with a Black Widow and Hulk back story.

I prefer what the DC is doing, anchor the team around a few while bringing in the others naturally through the story.

Hey man, just because 2 movies sucked(in their opinion) that doesnt mean they dont have a good plan laid out. I mean the idea can be right, with the execution faltering. What I'm trying to say is, they can have a perfect plan to introduce the characters(not rushing it) and still fail at the execution, but that doesnt mean the plan was wrong. I mean obviously they will always be behind Marvel from a timeline perspective because they have a 5 year headstart, but just because they are doing it in a different way, doesnt mean its wrong.

Yeah actually it does! Like I said before WB have a release schedule and an overall plan but when all 3 of their releases are hated by critics and divides the movie audiences and the fans then obviously their plan needs more thought put into it.

Yeah actually it does! Like I said before WB have a release schedule and an overall plan but when all 3 of their releases are hated by critics and divides the movie audiences and the fans then obviously their plan needs more thought put into it.

First MOS was not hated by critics. It had a mixed reception, with more critics liking it rather than disliking it. It had an avg score of 6.2 in RT which is the same as Thor 2's.

Also like I said, you can "fail" at the execution, but that doesnt mean the plan was wrong.

I dont know how to explain it better, but in football terms, if a team can be defeated by pressing high up the pitch, and you try to do that and not be able to do it well and get tired early on, which leads to a defeat, that doesnt mean the other team cant be defeated by pressing high up the pitch. The approach doesnt become wrong if the execution is wrong.

I see nothing wrong with their approach. It makes a lot of sense to me. You have a Superman origin story where you analyse Superman's place in the modern world. Following the massive destruction in the first movie, Batman takes notice of him, and villifies him in his mind. The world reacts to Superman as the first superhero, and other heroes/villains start coming out because of him. Cue events of BvS. Bruce finally motivated by Superman's sacrifice goes out to recruit other metahumans to form a team in Superman's absence. The whole thing makes perfect sense to me. Could the execution have been better? yes. But that doesnt mean their plan was wrong.

I dont know how to explain it better, but in football terms, if a team can be defeated by pressing high up the pitch, and you try to do that and not be able to do it well and get tired early on, which leads to a defeat, that doesnt mean the other team cant be defeated by pressing high up the pitch. The approach doesnt become wrong if the execution is wrong.

Hey buddy, sorry to derail the thread.....

The Evertonians bastahs thought they can beat us at our own game by playing 3 at the back, steamrolled 'em 5-0. What Chelsea can do, others simply can not.

Of course this has nothing do with your last post and I totally agree with you on everything. :D

If I muted every poster who I unfailingly ignore, I would see entirely blank pages.

Hey buddy, sorry to derail the thread.....

The Evertonians bastahs thought they can beat us at our own game by playing 3 at the back, steamrolled 'em 5-0. What Chelsea can do, others simply can not.

Of course this has nothing do with your last post and I totally agree with you on everything. :D

Dont be sorry, this aint so interesting either. What I'm interested in ,and apparently no one is, is if they are shooting in LA, and if they are , why are they keeping it a secret?

And about Chelsea, enjoy it while it lasts :o

Dont be sorry, this aint so interesting either. What I'm interested in ,and apparently no one is, is if they are shooting in LA, and if they are , why are they keeping it a secret?

I wouldn't put much stock into the LA shoots rumors, was it ever confirmed?

Maybe it was for dubbing. I mean Ciaran Hinds was only confirmed like a couple of days ago and he's gonna play a Mo-Cap character, so I guess they are dubbing his portions right now.... Maybe.....

J.K. Simmons said they're shooting pretty much till the end of the year.

I wouldn't put much stock into the LA shoots rumors, was it ever confirmed?

Maybe it was for dubbing. I mean Ciaran Hinds was only confirmed like a couple of days ago and he's gonna play a Mo-Cap character, so I guess they are dubbing his portions right now.... Maybe.....

Yeah but apparently Henry, Jason, Gal, Fisher etc were all there :|

At least we are gonna finish in the top 4. Now, the Red Devils however....

We'll see.

WOS63sR.png

Last edited:
you can't use that excuse, it belongs to the Gunners for more than a decade.

Haha, for sure. I can't take that away from them, now can I..... :D :D

Anyway, we are on top babyyyyy..... *in Heath Slater voice*

Which gives them about a year of post so that the film should be out October 2018.

I think Simmons was talking about the JL, which also means they have nearly a year for post if the movie is to come out on Nov, 2017

First MOS was not hated by critics. It had a mixed reception, with more critics liking it rather than disliking it. It had an avg score of 6.2 in RT which is the same as Thor 2's.

???....28% RT is very bad....you may not like it but it doesn't change the fact that it's very bad.

Also like I said, you can "fail" at the execution, but that doesnt mean the plan was wrong.

I don't need you to explain anything, I think WB's plan is faulty from the get go. Instead of building on what little characterization they gave superman in MOS they go and shove batman in there thus hampering superman's development and all for the sake of setting up JL inorder to catch up to marvel. For me that's a faulty plan and you clearly disagree and that's fine so I'm just going to move on because we'll never see eye to eye on this.

I think we're overthinking the whole "howre they gonna introduce all those elements?" thing. People had this very same fear with Civil War, "how're they gonna give all these people screentime AND introduce Black Panther and Spiderman?" The answer is simple, you simply treat them as supporting characters, you do not have to delve deep deep into their back stories yet, you give the audience just enough about them so that they get who they are and are potentially intrigued to learn more about them at a later time.

Assuming this movie is 2hr 30 mins long, you only need about 30mins-40 mins most- to recruit these guys and get to know who they are. The rest of the two hours can be focused on the main plot: Apokolips, the league's battle with Steppenwolf and Superman's return. The screenplay just has to be very economic is all. In my head, I have my own outline written of the movie and its very possible to do in 2hrs and 30 mins.

I think we're overthinking the whole "howre they gonna introduce all those elements?" thing. People had this very same fear with Civil War, "how're they gonna give all these people screentime AND introduce Black Panther and Spiderman?" The answer is simple, you simply treat them as supporting characters, you do not have to delve deep deep into their back stories yet, you give the audience just enough about them so that they get who they are and are potentially intrigued to learn more about them at a later time.

Assuming this movie is 2hr 30 mins long, you only need about 30mins-40 mins most- to recruit these guys and get to know who they are. The rest of the two hours can be focused on the main plot: Apokolips, the league's battle with Steppenwolf and Superman's return. The screenplay just has to be very economic is all. In my head, I have my own outline written of the movie and its very possible to do in 2hrs and 30 mins.

Exactly.Agreed.

@Superchan, I guess what you're trying to say is the idea of how they are setting up the DCEU itself is flawed. I disagree, but fair enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"