Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack talks in mysterious ways. Just because he claimed that MOS was self contained, does not mean it's what his true intention was. Just as when Obama ran in 2008 and claimed that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. He did not reveal his true intentions until later.

I mean, honestly, what's more likely? That Zack was just making this all up on the fly, or having it all figured out?

or maybe zack lied lol he said general zod wasn't the villain in MOS
http://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-superman-villain-zod-kofi-86379/

I mean, I definitely think Zack originally conceived a Superman trilogy. Then after MoS, he probably had a meeting with the higher ups and they told him "Zack, is there a way we can fit Batman and the Justice League into all this?" And being the comic book geek he is, he of course didnt turn down the chance to play with Batman.

Hahaha "Comic book geek"

The guy thinks Batman murdered somedody in TDKReturns.

No geek would make that mistake. That's the mistake of a page skimmer.

Well he did off that one guy with a rifle. The "I believe you" scene. People seem to overlook that.

Jesus Christ. Go watch Dr. Strange and talk about that. Let the people who actually enjoy DC films discuss it in peace.

No wrong. This the 'Justice league discussion' thread not the 'justice league appreciation ONLY' thread so if you don't like what some posters are saying then just ignore them and move on! Criticism towards, JL, DC and Snyder is more than allowed and the only thing that isn't allowed are personal insults towards other posters

Now back to the topic at hand, I think that WB have a 'plan' per say (BvS---> JL and solos) but the thing is for a plan to work one must take the time to work out all the nooks and crannies before proceeding and sadly WB are more focused on playing catch up.

Hahaha "Comic book geek"

The guy thinks Batman murdered somedody in TDKReturns.

No geek would make that mistake. That's the mistake of a page skimmer.

You know I think Snyder is the type of person who picks up a comic book, wows at the visuals without actually reading the words, which explains the majority of his films i.e. wonderful visuals with little context

Last edited:
No wrong. This the 'Justice league discussion' thread not the 'justice league appreciation ONLY' thread so if you don't like what some posters are saying then just ignore them and move on! Criticism towards, JL, DC and Snyder is more than allowed and the only thing that isn't allowed are personal insults towards other posters

Now back to the topic at hand, I think that WB have a 'plan' per say (BvS---> JL and solos) but the thing is for a plan to work one must take the time to work out all the nooks and crannies before proceeding and sadly WB are more focused on playing catch up.
I think the CW special earlier in the year laid out their plan succinctly. Only click baiters are talking about catch up, DC films have a firm plan with appropriate wiggle room eg: add in Batman solo and MoS2 to current plans. That's just smart, not desperation the way a lot of negative types like to insist on.

Zack:" I would just say that, for me, Batman v Superman, I think there is a slight misconception about the shooting, anyway, about how much pressure there was on us and the pressure on the movie to perform in a certain way. From my point of view, and maybe just because I don’t know how to do it any other way, we make really personal movies. For me, anyway, I love the characters. I love comic books – maybe to a fault sometimes.

Like, I dork out on these hardcore aspects of the comic books, because I’m a grownup and I love that part of it. I had a great time making the movie, and I don’t think that Warner Bros. when we were shooting the movie, that there was some sort of corporate mandate to get Batman and Superman in the movie. Chris and I kind of had that idea, and then it just so happened that that was a way toward Justice League – and it came along at a great time for us, as the studio was moving forward with the other DC titles and getting the DCU to exist. But I don’t think the sort of birth of Batman v Superman was like some corporate conspiracy to sell tickets or do whatever."

I think the CW special earlier in the year laid out their plan succinctly. Only click baiters are talking about catch up, DC films have a firm plan with appropriate wiggle room eg: add in Batman solo and MoS2 to current plans. That's just smart, not desperation the way a lot of negative types like to insist on.

No, many critics and fans alike are talking about DC playing catch up because that's what their half baked theatrical releases of BvS and SS appear to be.

No, many critics and fans alike are talking about DC playing catch up because that's what their half baked theatrical releases of BvS and SS appear to be.

Hey man, just because 2 movies sucked(in their opinion) that doesnt mean they dont have a good plan laid out. I mean the idea can be right, with the execution faltering. What I'm trying to say is, they can have a perfect plan to introduce the characters(not rushing it) and still fail at the execution, but that doesnt mean the plan was wrong. I mean obviously they will always be behind Marvel from a timeline perspective because they have a 5 year headstart, but just because they are doing it in a different way, doesnt mean its wrong.

Last I checked, the general metric for a successful film is how much money it made the studio, not from some score given by a bunch of armchair warriors. All 3 first films grossed over $600m, the last film's gross exceeded expectations far and beyond. Yea, DC is totally in a desperate situation.

Last I checked, the general metric for a successful film is how much money it made the studio, not from some score given by a bunch of armchair warriors. All 3 first films grossed over $600m, the last film's gross exceeded expectations far and beyond. Yea, DC is totally in a desperately situation.

They're discussing quality of pictures not overall gross. Transformers films regularly break a billion (something BvS still couldn't do despite having Batman, Superman, WW and Doomsday) but it doesn't mean they're very good films. They're desperate for cash and desperate for quality. Hope they get both.

Last I checked, the general metric for a successful film is how much money it made the studio, not from some score given by a bunch of armchair warriors. All 3 first films grossed over $600m, the last film's gross exceeded expectations far and beyond. Yea, DC is totally in a desperate situation.

Making decent cash off films with awful critical reception is only winning half the battle. They've got a brand here that obviously can put asses in the seats, but they've still got a metric ton of s*** to work out, not the least of which is winning back those who've become cynical to it all.

The issue started all the way from MOS. They didn't expect the reaction it got---especially about the final act destruction. So the next film, they reacted to fix the controversy around that. Then that didn't go well and people thought it was far too dreary so the next film was sent to reshoots to add in more comedy. But that had lot of story issues once again, so then they start course correcting again with Johns promising that everything is changing.

The issue started all the way from MOS. They didn't expect the reaction it got---especially about the final act destruction. So the next film, they reacted to fix the controversy around that. Then that didn't go well and people thought it was far too dreary so the next film was sent to reshoots to add in more comedy. But that had lot of story issues once again, so then they start course correcting again with Johns promising that everything is changing.

Oh please. Zack tripled down on practically everything criticized in MOS.

True. If a film's success relied solely on how well it was received or what it got on RT, then there's no way that the Transformers franchise would have lasted this long.lol

Course, I think the goal/preference here is for the DC films to be critically received well also.

So what in your opinion is the correct course of action in situations like this? If you change stuff, you are labelled as reactionary. If you dont change stuff, you are called a arrogant guy who doubles down on stuff and doesnt care about fans(not saying you said this). So what is the right thing to do? Because the way I see it, there is no winning. Whatever they do, they will be criticized.

Also my original point was they had a plan for JL way back. Yeah maybe they made a few changes along the way(like any normal movie) but I dont see the big fuss here. Its not outrageous to imagine that they kept stuff secret and just because we werent privy to information like if there is a JL movie on the slate, there would not be one.

According to Russell Crowe though, he was to originally be in a MOS sequel that turned into BvS. I doubt the plan was to make a BvS movie all along by all means.

Momoa is so down to earth. I wonder if he drank that glass of water intentionally.

According to Russell Crowe though, he was to originally be in a MOS sequel that turned into BvS. I doubt the plan was to make a BvS movie all along by all means.

Yeah as I shared that quote from Zack, when he and Nolan sat to think about the MOS sequel and the villains Superman would face, they finally decided on Batman, and thats how it came about. I mean it depends on how you draw a line between MOS 2 and BvS because in lots of way, BvS is a MOS sequel. Obviously making a BvS movie wasnt the plan all along, but they were planning on expanding the universe(JL members casting, all the nods in MOS) and thats just how the went about it.

IMO they should've done another MOS sequel, with the Lex Luthor and Africa bits ending with the world trusting him as their savior. Then moved onto BvS if they wanted to do a true contrasting character piece. Then WW, Aquaman (at least) and then JL. Because out of 6 JL members, only two would've gotten their own films and they are popular characters. Now they have to set up 3 characters GA aren't familiar with, set up 4th world concept lesson and history lesson of the war, then set up the villain, then the team up and chemistry, then Superman coming back. That's a lot of heavy lifting for one film. Compared to Avengers where they just had to bring the team together because all of the work was done. That's why these films seem so bogged down because each of them is packed with material enough for 3 separate films.

Well he added a "this island is uninhabited" line :)

Plus the earlier destruction became the motivation for Batman to take him on. Kind of.

True. If a film's success relied solely on how well it was received or what it got on RT, then there's no way that the Transformers franchise would have lasted this long.lol

Course, I think the goal/preference here is for the DC films to be critically received well also.

I mean Transformers even had thia big writers collaboration to map out a whole new direction for the franchise but then just went back to do a Michael Bay movie with links to King Arthur. Critic reception is not important if it makes money.

IMO they should've done another MOS sequel, with the Lex Luthor and Africa bits ending with the world trusting him as their savior. Then moved onto BvS if they wanted to do a true contrasting character piece. Then WW, Aquaman (at least) and then JL. Because out of 6 JL members, only two would've gotten their own films and they are popular characters. Now they have to set up 3 characters GA aren't familiar with, set up 4th world concept lesson and history lesson of the war, then set up the villain, then the team up and chemistry, then Superman coming back. That's a lot of heavy lifting for one film. Compared to Avengers where they just had to bring the team together because all of the work was done. That's why these films seem so bogged down because each of them is packed with material enough for 3 separate films.
Iron Man 2 didn't advance the MCU and that sounds like doing IM2 for the sake of it

Iron Man 2 didn't advance the MCU and that sounds like doing IM2 for the sake of it

It didn't and it a rather boring and shoddy film as well. But they had Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America to set up all the big heroes, introduce the big bad for the avengers film, his connection to the hero, personality etc. And they had already set up each of the worlds. So all they had to do was focus on in the Avengers was bringing the team together. Whereas JL has 7 other things it has to do before it can get started on the main premise.

Imo, you dont need seperate movies for the league members first to have a justice league movie. There have been many ensemble team up movies in the past without other character's seperate movies first. They are using the likes of Seven Samurai as template, so one can say thats not required. Marvel did it that way and thats GREAT. Doesnt mean DC has to do the EXACT same thing otherwise its the wrong way. We had the super succesful JL animated show(Which had only pre introduced Superman and Batman) and they did it in about 60 mins.Its certainly doable and I would argue doable in a great way, its all about the execution man. Superman, WW and Batman are all introduced, Flash and Cyborg are simple to introduce and its only Aquaman that needs bit of intro.The motherboxes and all that tie neatly into Cyborg's story so thats good. There are only three threads that converge at the same place : Bruce recruiting the league, Steppenwolf's plan, Superman's ressurection. I dont think its too monumental a task.

Well he added a "this island is uninhabited" line :)

Plus the earlier destruction became the motivation for Batman to take him on. Kind of.

Why is it wrong to avoid collateral damage if the last movie was criticized for it? Isnt it a good thing that they are listening to the fans?

Well if you have Batman going against Superman, the destruction in MOS is his most obvious motivation to go after, its the natural choice.

To get away from this topic :

Do you guys think they are shooting in LA? Why are they keeping it a secret? Why did they announce they were done shooting then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"