The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a film about four superheroes? Not four motorcross racers? Like, was I mistaken?

I thought this was a film about four superheroes? Not four motorcross racers? Like, was I mistaken?

It's a movie about 4 people that cross into another dimension and come back with super speaker powers.

The expression on Trank's face in the photo of him behind the camera pretty much sums everything up in a nutshell.

IJ0duo.jpg

:woot::pal::applaud:applaud

Actually this is pretty sad. The only news I wanted to see was they are shutting this baby down because of abundant suckage. Thanks a lot FOX.

Just saw this pic this morning and that's a CGI suit right? You know the one with the little bulbs and trackers and whatnot. Surely that can't be the actual final FF suit. They can't be that stupid to put this atrocious thing out and think it's better than the Tim Story or even the Corman version.

Trailer was average, not horrible, not great, just average.... And a bit depressing.

Watched it...i just can't stand watching my favorite comic book plummet again...it hurts my eyes to look at the cast...all 4 of them are so wrong...and the UFF comic is not a good source to use....once again, I will be popping in the Corman movie...

Might be a slight overreaction but it looks awful theres nothing about that trailer that even remotely looks like the fantastic four to me.

I thought I was watching a trailer for Interstellar not FFINO

That trailer did not look like a trailer for The Fantastic Four at all. As a fan I'm so disappointed. "Change is coming" alright, Fox. I'm changing my plans when they release their films in theaters. I'm not contributing to their box office numbers.

Btw what's with Vaughn saying he thinks people are done with super serious Nolanesque superhero movies and the movie he's producing is exactly like one of them?

Wow. Anyone still defending this film now? We have yet to get an official image for this movie that comes out in a few months, a supposed summer blockbuster film. Yeah. :dry:

Ikr. Its worst than what's been reported. Marvel, deny FOX the X-Men TV plan. DENY THEM so our 4 can come home

Btw what's with Vaughn saying he thinks people are done with super serious Nolanesque superhero movies and the movie he's producing is exactly like one of them?

A royal hypocrite, ol' Matt Vaughn

As a trailer for a film, the teaser did a lot of, well...teasing. Shots of actors, cryptic dialogue, small glimpses of powers and transformations, foreboding music...

You know...teaser stuff.

That's fine. It's all fine. And as a movie, the cinematography looks good and it looks like a movie. And that's great. I'll pirate it weeks after it's released and probably enjoy it as a dramatic science fiction film.

But this is not the Fantastic Four. As we all suspected knew for a fact, this movie is anything but a film about the iconic Marvel characters that have existed for 50 years. Everything about it is wrong. And that makes me sad.

What really crushes my spirit though, is the fact that this is totally happening. There's a poster, there's a trailer, there's BTS photos. This movie is getting released. It's probably not going to be a complete failure. And we're probably getting a sequel.

Today I have resigned myself to unfortunate inevitability that Fox is keeping these rights. Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr. Doom...they aren't going to be a part of the MCU, at least not for a decade or more, if ever.

It's where they belong. But they aren't going home.

For me, the hope is gone...

Ironically the two Marvel properties that are most suited for Disney, Spidey and FF, may never see the light of day there.

But this is not the Fantastic Four. As we all suspected knew for a fact, this movie is anything but a film about the iconic Marvel characters that have existed for 50 years. Everything about it is wrong. And that makes me sad.

What really crushes my spirit though, is the fact that this is totally happening. There's a poster, there's a trailer, there's BTS photos. This movie is getting released. It's probably not going to be a complete failure. And we're probably getting a sequel.

Today I have resigned myself to unfortunate inevitability that Fox is keeping these rights. Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr. Doom...they aren't going to be a part of the MCU, at least not for a decade or more, if ever.

This.

Trank could've just made an original sci-fi horror movie that he wanted to make and FF fans could've still gotten the film they wanted to see. In that scenario, everybody wins: The Trank fans, the FF fans, the Marvel Studios fans and the Marvel Studios haters. But NO - instead we have to listen to folks declaring how they never liked the Fantastic Four to begin with but are SO excited about this film. I'm pissed.

Trank could've just made an original sci-fi horror movie that he wanted to make and FF fans could've still gotten the film they wanted to see. In that scenario, everybody wins: The Trank fans, the FF fans, the Marvel Studios fans and the Marvel Studios haters. But NO - instead we have to listen to folks declaring how they never liked the Fantastic Four to begin with but are SO excited about this film. I'm pissed.

:up:

This. Those who say they have no interest in FF whatsoever but like this would still have had a movie to enjoy if this were an original film not under the FF banner. Would these people have enjoyed the film any less just because it's called something else like "Chronicle 2"?

As a trailer for a film, the teaser did a lot of, well...teasing. Shots of actors, cryptic dialogue, small glimpses of powers and transformations, foreboding music...

You know...teaser stuff.

That's fine. It's all fine. And as a movie, the cinematography looks good and it looks like a movie. And that's great. I'll pirate it weeks after it's released and probably enjoy it as a dramatic science fiction film.

This is a sad depressing reality. And I am reluctant to agree now that the property will be at FOX for years now.

You know...teaser stuff.

These are some of the most poetic and tragic words ever uttered on here....and the saddest truth that now I must realize....

This. Those who say they have no interest in FF whatsoever but like this would still have had a movie to enjoy if this were an original film not under the FF banner. Would these people have enjoyed the film any less just because it's called something else like "Chronicle 2"?

Check out the positive thread, some of them are ****ing ecstatic that FF fans are unhappy. It's disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"