The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even that is a stretch to me. Marvel took an obscure property and made it into a smash hit. Fox takes a premier property and flushes it down the toilet.

Now I love the Avengers but historically the FF has been one of Marvel's crown jewels. Read the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four and then read the first 100 issues of Avengers and it's clear which property was superior.

Agreed, I think we are saying what the possibilities would be if Marvel took a crack at doing the FF the way they were meant to be seen.

Yeah this is sad to me. Marvel is having to flush the FF down the toilet to disassociate themselves from this disaster. Removing them from the 75th anniversary logo, killing the books, removing all marketing material.

When the first Thor came out and they did that opening shot of Asguard coming up from under the water, I wrote a review the next day saying that shot captured Jack Kirby's immagination and inventiveness. That is what the FF should have been and wasn't.

This movie is going in the extreme polar opposite direction. A movie filmed in dark hallways for the FF? Kirby is rolling over in his grave.

I think its a tough call really. FF could certainly make its budget back and maybe even make a little profit as well. Its more than possible. But one thing we should probably ask ourselves is how eager will people be to see another group based superhero film after AOU comes out. Also Antman will be released before FF. Especially a film with no connection to MCU and one that is a total reboot of a failed franchise. I think these are legitimate factors to consider.

Agreed, I think we are saying what the possibilities would be if Marvel took a crack at doing the FF the way they were meant to be seen.

Yeah this is sad to me. Marvel is having to flush the FF down the toilet to disassociate themselves from this disaster. Removing them from the 75th anniversary logo, killing the books, removing all marketing material.

When the first Thor came out and they did that opening shot of Asguard coming up from under the water, I wrote a review the next day saying that shot captured Jack Kirby's immagination and inventiveness. That is what the FF should have been and wasn't.

This movie is going in the extreme polar opposite direction. A movie filmed in dark hallways for the FF? Kirby is rolling over in his grave.

:up:

Right on.

Krystal, that was another deal Marvel tried to make with Fox (regarding Fox keeping Daredevil rights in exchange for Marvel getting the rights back for Silver Surfer & Galactus), which didn't work out. The person you were commenting on was speculating based on the news that Fox recently has requested from Marvel the ability to do a live action TV. show on X-Men. It seems they require Marvel's permission, and he was saying that Marvel should use Silver Surfer, Galactus & others in a trade for giving that permission.

Surfer

Right. I thought he was asserting that there was such a deal--instead of a theory on a deal the studios could do.

But really, can you blame Fox? I would have given up Daredevil too. LOL Who the hell cares about Daredevil, when you can keep better characters.

Daredevil ? Lame ? He certainly isn't ! Daredevil is indeed one of the 5 most interesting Marvel character. A tortured soul who struggle to bring justice in his small corrupted neighbourhood without having an unbreakable skin or a super force. He doesn't have extravagant powers, but the one he has are a gift and an omen. They doesn't make him an übermensch, they just make him more human, more sensible to other people joy, pain and distress.

I can understand Fox choice as a Financial one. FF were the first A listers in the Marvel universe, and were A lister until the 90's. DD is just a big B lister in his good days.

But was is funny is that if you really want a grim and gritty movie, Daredevil is the good and logical choice between the two. DD is all about criminal story with low superpowered characters. FF, on the other way, is all about fantastic world and exploration.

But really, can you blame Fox? I would have given up Daredevil too. LOL Who the hell cares about Daredevil, when you can keep better characters.

I would rather have Daredevil myself.

I would rather have Daredevil myself.

After Age of Ultron, the Daredevil Netflix series is my most anticipated comic adaptation this year. I look forward to seeing how Marvel elevates this "B" level character to "A" status.

Also IMO Kingpin is one of Marvel's greatest villains right up there with Dr. Doom, Norman Osborn, Loki, etc.

I don't believe FOX would have gotten the most out of DD the way Marvel will. Its not just about having the characters, its what you do with them. Fox would have simply copied Nolan's formula with Batman. An unoriginal attempt to cash in on what was "cool".With Marvel we will see DD interact with other street level heroes which will boost his popularity significantly. FOX could have taken a better approach than its 2003 version but I doubt it would have been more successful with it.

Not to mention, I love going the Netflix route with this.

I don't believe FOX would have gotten the most out of DD the way Marvel will. Its not just about having the characters, its what you do with them. Fox would have simply copied Nolan's formula with Batman. An unoriginal attempt to cash in on what was "cool".With Marvel we will see DD interact with other street level heroes which will boost his popularity significantly. FOX could have taken a better approach than its 2003 version but I doubt it would have been more successful with it.

Not to mention, I love going the Netflix route with this.

I totally agree with you.

I am now closing this thread. Most of the discussion is of other Marvel projects, and those can be discussed in their respective forums.

Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"