The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Chronicle and Interstellar had an extremely mediocre baby.

Other than "it doens't look like FF at all", all I can say is: It looks like another generic Young Adult novel adaptacion

If Sue is the most powerful team member, does some cool stuff with her powers and feels like Sue.... Then I will probably watch this (shallow I know, but she is my favourite superhero). It comprimises my morals, but I need a great Sue.

Other than "it doens't look like FF at all", all I can say is: It looks like another generic Young Adult novel adaptacion

Agreed. I'm honestly a little surprised that it's gathering a somewhat strong reaction amongst a few, it looks extremely generic and uninspired. Not to mention cheap, the effects are clearly being hidden by the editing because they don't look good.

You know how everyone was insisting that the concept art we saw for the Thing a while back wasn't being used? Thing looks pretty naked to me in this.

I'm glad Marvel haven't posted this on their channel.

Yeah I have next no hope anymore. I was hoping that all the silence was a good sign that this movie would get ignored and the rights revert. After looking at the trailer my fears look to be realised. It looks like a cheaply made film with barely any relation to the FF but looks interesting enough as a film to gather interest and earn enough for a sequel.

Everything about this project is just all wrong and at this point I won't give this the benefit of the doubt the way I did the turtles.

Agreed. I'm honestly a little surprised that it's gathering a somewhat strong reaction amongst a few, it looks extremely generic and uninspired. Not to mention cheap, the effects are clearly being hidden by the editing because they don't look good.

Happens with every trailer, even bad ones. Just look at Green Lantern (or Dragon Ball Evolution or The Last Airbender or Insert Bad Adaptation Here). It would have surprised me if there weren't several gushing over it.

This day and age, the 2005 trailer would have caused all kinds of uproar, but still, it's miles better that the new one (from the 0:38 mark on, it's kind of awesome, other than the cheap looking Doom)

[YT]jgzM-97YRAo[/YT]

I guess people are just super easy to please. I watched the teaser twice and it wasn't OMG amazing to me. Then again people were excited after watching that over long show nothing DOFP teaser as well so maybe I'm just out of the loop or something?

That 2005 film is more FF than what we have witnessed today.its pretty sad tbh.

This day and age, the 2005 trailer would have caused all kinds of uproar, but still, it's miles better that the new one (from the 0:38 mark on, it's kind of awesome, other than the cheap looking Doom)

[YT]jgzM-97YRAo[/YT]

That is awful. The font... Wow. Just wow.

I guess people are just super easy to please. I watched the teaser twice and it wasn't OMG amazing to me. Then again people were excited after watching that over long show nothing DOFP teaser as well so maybe I'm just out of the loop or something?

They want to love it so they do. They can deny there is anything wrong to themselves up until the point they actually see the final film.

I used to be the same way in my younger days, until I got burned too many times and learned my lesson.

I went to other sites this morning and people are excited for this thing after the teaser. I'm sorry, I'm still not. There is nothing about this that says F4. I've said from the jump that I always thought that it would be a good film but new it wouldn't be a good F4 film and I stand by it. I won't be seeing it in theaters on principle alone. I can't believe some people are so easily swayed by a teaser.

I have to agree that the trailer was just ok. Nothing amazing to really get excited about.

I've been completely pessimistic about this production but I found the teaser to be quite good. Now it's entirely possible that Fox just hired the greatest PR team imaginable and are doing damage control in the highest gear but some of the visuals I really liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"