The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackman
I didnt hear anything about Bryan Singer and sexually harassing people on set

Dark Raven
There was that whole controversy and potential lawsuit about it earlier this year before DOFP came out.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/br...it-1201292422/

I know about that but read what I wrote: "sexually harassing people on set" As far as I know the, alleged, instances didnt happen on set. It happened at a party

EDIT: Damn thread Manager

Last edited:
But I was responding before to people who said that Trank was doing that, and I was merely asking whether people were just remembering what happened with Singer and maybe confusing the two, nevermind about whether Singer did it on set or not.

In any case, I never heard these Trank rumors and I can't seem to find anything about it.

It sounds to me like people are just slandering Trank in this case.

Last edited:
Oh god, it's totally okay to be against this production, but pulling s*it like sexual harassment from thin air is just wrong. The line here has been crossed several times, but this is getting out of control.

In any case, I never heard these Trank rumors and I can't seem to find anything about it.

It sounds to me like people are just slandering Trank in this case.

I have never heard anything about it either. I don't like Trank as director, or this whole production, but if he hasn't sexually abused anyone then it's not something people can use against him at this point.

Yeah, that's taking it way too far.

I'm just gonna put that rumor in the "bulls***" bucket like I probably will the rest of the movie when it comes out

Eh, I got proof. Trank sexually harassed me. I told him maybe. :o

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm thinking the "Trank was acting like Hitchcock" rumor from some random poster was interpreted by another poster as sexual harassment when really it was probably just referring to being a grouchy jerk to Mara (if, big IF, it's even true). Huge difference between being an A-hole and sexually harassing someone.

There have been rumors that Trank has harassed Mara and general made her life miserable on set. Whoever said it was sexual harassment probably just got the rumors confused. I don't think we can immediately attribute it to malice as opposed to an honest mistake.

Can you post a link for the harassment in general? Because I still don't find anything on it. I didn't go too far in researching it, but I got to the 4th page on Google and didnt see anythign

It's from part 5 of this thread (so back in July). I'll bold the part I think was being referred to.

justanotherguy said:
So for those of you who have read my posts before, I've been trying to do my best to get info about this movie, as I live and work in Baton Rouge as a bartender and student.... well it just so happens that a guy working on the movie came into my bar tonight. When he told me what he was working on (he was there with a friend of mine) I looked at him and said "Man, that movie is going to be terrible..." He agreed with me! We talked over the course of several hours off and on and this is what we talked about....

"The cast is all wrong, but very good actors..."
"Trank, apparently is an *******, who in order to make Mara feel "invisible" berates her and kicks her off set from time to time."
"Trank thinks he's Hitchcock and Mara is Grace Kelly"

"Dark"
"Looks like Chronicle(but not completely found footage) meets a Nolan-movie starring the characters of the F4"
"Kineburg is on set writing pages everyday."
"No costumes, but Reed has a containment suit."
"Ben looks like Ben..."
"Jamie Bell is doing a really good job."
(we really didn't talk about Jordan)
"Doom sounds Russian,acts like Doom and is going to be a better Doom than before" (don't remember if Doom's look is exactly right...but it's not a goat)
The guy has read the F4 says he feels like the movie "lacks fun", script is terrible.
He's been hired since last almost last summer, they were indeed delaying it in case Marvel would buy the rights back.
Thinks the movie will bomb.
Says they are going to Comic-Con.

I may or may not run into this guy again, if I ever get more details I will share.

Of course this is the internet, so take it with a grain of salt. Maybe there is some truth in it, maybe he was B.S.ing me, but when he told me what he was working on, I definitely listened to the man.

To be fair to Dasher, Hitchcock is known to have been pretty vile to women, including violent treatment to Grace Kelly and alleged sexual harassment in other cases. We really can't take one "friend of a friend" account to automatically mean it's true on such a serious thing, though.

Thanks for at least posting the source of the rumor

:para: :para: :para:

El Mayimbe just tweeted this:

ANTI-SUPERHERO/ANTI-COMIC BOOK MOVIE PUNDITS: Don't worry, only 3 CBM films come out next year, all good because come 2016 10 CBM films!

BUT! There are MORE THAN THREE CBM'S THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO RELEASE NEXT YEAR!!! He's clearly only counting Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, and Kingsman! FANTASTIC FOUR'S BEEN CANCELED! FANTASTIC FOUR'S BEEN CANCELED! FANTASTIC FOUR'S BEEN CANCELED! FANTASTIC FOUR'S BEEN CANCELED! THE GOVERNMENT'S HIDING ALIENS! THE FANTASTIC FOUR'S BEEN CANCELED!

:para: :para: :para: :para: :para: :para:

[BLACKOUT]Yes, I know he just miscounted.[/BLACKOUT]:oldrazz:

What if he's just being snarky and means that this travesty shouldn't count as a CBM.

I don't believe any scoop Eh Maybe carries on his own...I would need to see another source pick it up. Besides, that tweet is somewhat vague and easy to backtrack from.

I saw it and joined it way back.

That's the quote. Has this guy posted anything since?

And the part about the film lacking fun is the part that really bothers me. The FF are meant to be a dysfunctional family where Ben and Johnny prank each other constantly. Reed Richards is incredibly intense about his work, he's a fast talker, he lacks social graces and doesn't realize when he's boring people when he's rambling. Sue exists to keep the other three in line and is often the only adult in the room. Anything else simply isn't the Fantastic Four. That's assuming its true. I took it with a grain of salt six months ago but it appears a bit more credible with all of the other rumors flying about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"