The Kick-ash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly is the comic not good? It's the basic Movie plot, without the Hollywood flavor sprinkled across it and not giving you a happy ending that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No warm and fuzzy?

Hey...that's not an insignificant difference to be honest.

I don't think Kick-ash the comic is horrible. I find it a very entertaining read, but if I have to choose the story I prefer, I'd go with the movie. And even then, they're two very different beasts.

You know I liked IM2...but Kick ash was better. I'm not afraid to admit both Toy Story 3 and KA knocked IM2 down a slot on my list.

Kick-ash was definately better, which always makes a little more frustrated by IM2 to be honest, IM2 should have been brilliant, but IMO is was only good, KA was brilliant though, great CB movie.

Why exactly is the comic not good? It's the basic Movie plot, without the Hollywood flavor sprinkled across it and not giving you a happy ending that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think it is just a poorly written piece. It is darker and more cynical than the film, but that doesn't mean it's better. It's just overly snarky and suffocates the reader with a sarcastic tone that while funny the first three issues is just boring by the 7th or 8th issues.

And while the film had a fun, snappy and zippy pacing and style--the book comes off as smug and a dreary march towards an ending that tries too hard to be hip.

The film wasn't Hollywood...literally. Hollywood did not want to make it and did not. The film is just entertaining and saw the story had more value as a light hearted piece of escapism than a witty, if smug smirk.

^Same here, the film is just more entertaining on every level, add this to the fact that I actually wanted BD to die in the comic because of what he had put his daughter through were as in the film I was almost crying when he did!

Ordered my outfit
http://cosplaysky.com/kick-ash-costume-with-mask-dave-lizewski-cosplay.html

Will do!

I want to find Mr Bitey.

He's right here.

77708318.jpg

:woot:

The only thing I prefer in the comic is he didn't get the girl. I like that his manipulation isn't rewarded and wish the movie had kept that path. It just makes Katie look like a pushover and wish fulfillment (if only she'd get to know me... riiiight).

^I personally preferred him getting the girl, it made more sense to the story and it also made the scene of when he getting tortured by the mob guys A LOT more tension filled.

I disliked it because it seemed like he got the Parker luck. You know, how the nerdy boy somehow gets all the hot babes. In the comic, it was harsh reality. You don't get the girl just because you are the hero. You're still the nerdy loser in school.

All kinds of dudes get girls. I've seen fat basement geek types with hot girls, I've seen jock types with fat girls. There's no such thing as one type of dude getting one type of girl.

Kick-ash won for best comic book movie and Chloe won for best break out performance at the Scream Awards :D Woots!

So, I picked up issue 1 of the new comic. It was actually very good. Some real funny s tuff and I like the basic premise that Millar is laying out. If this is made into a movie after Avengers (likely) it will go over very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"