The Last of Us

New charactes for the sequel would be great but at the same time I want we see Joel and Ellie again.

you don't want a sequel to tlour at all?
No. I played it again recently and once again I see no point for a sequel to this incredible experience. It's not like Uncharted or Tomb Raider where there is always another myth to unravel and that's the focus.

I want them to apply their magic on a new IP. That Savage Starlight comic Ellie likes seems like it could make for a great sci-fi.

I have to agree, the game was so breathtaking on its on. In the age of sequels and franchises, I think it would be best to leave this as is.

I don't really see any gain. IF you pick new characters, they will be compared to Joel and Ellie, and if you continue with them, you run the risk of ruining the magic captured for the first one. Not to mention, story wise, where can they really go?

No. I played it again recently and once again I see no point for a sequel to this incredible experience. It's not like Uncharted or Tomb Raider where there is always another myth to unravel and that's the focus.

I want them to apply their magic on a new IP. That Savage Starlight comic Ellie likes seems like it could make for a great sci-fi.
that is reasonable but a lot of people do think that there's more to tell with ellie & joel in a way to finish their story.

the first game started and ended perfectly though. with joel & his daughter, and you play as sarah first, then you play as ellie as the game ends, with a cutscene of her & joel

I don't really see any gain. IF you pick new characters, they will be compared to Joel and Ellie, and if you continue with them, you run the risk of ruining the magic captured for the first one. Not to mention, story wise, where can they really go?

Who cares? A sequel is ALWAYS compared to the one that came before it. They shouldnt have to worry about what people may or may not feel about the new characters compared to Joel and Ellie. They should just go in it with the freedom to make the best game and experience possible. They may surprise people in creating new characters that are even more compelling and interesting than Joel and Ellie. I dont necearily want them to revisit Joel and Ellie but I wouldnt be opposed to it. They've only appeared in one game. To dismiss them as being exhausted with nowhere to go, seems a bit shortsighted.

TLOUR had such an amazing world that it would be a shame not to do more with it. In in an industry riddled with zombie-like and post disaster titles, this felt unique. There is so much more that can be done

Last edited:
Who cares? A sequel is ALWAYS compared to the one that came before it. They shouldnt have to worry about what people may or may not feel about the new characters compared to Joel and Ellie. They should just go in it with the freedom to make the best game and experience possible. They may surprise people in creating new characters that are even more compelling and interesting than Joel and Ellie. I dont necearily want them to revisit Joel and Ellie but I wouldnt be opposed to it. They've only appeared in one game. To dismiss them as being exhausted with nowhere to go, seems a bit shortsighted.

TLOUR had such an amazing world that it would be a shame not to do more with it. In in an industry riddled with zombie-like and post disaster titles, this felt unique. There is so much more that can be done
i wouldn't say it's shortsighted. the game did end in a way in which it is semi-conclusive, so it's reasonable for people to say it should stay as is/be left alone, but it definitely could be expanded upon.

if they do go with new characters though, I wonder if they'll do a yakuza and also have joel & ellie somewhere in the game halfway and have them meet up, or if they do a fear the walking dead thing and have them all meet up in an inevitable tlou3.

Last edited:
I think they should be left alone as is but that isnt the same as thinking theres no where else to go with them.

For another game, it would be interesting if they went outside the US and explored a foreign region. South America or Europe could be interesting locales. Joel and Ellie dont need to play any part in that. We really know nothing about what's happening outside of the areas we saw

This isn't a beef with the game, but rather the "zombie" genre in general. I feel like you can only go so far until the zombie outbreak is either contained, or the last humans die. The ending of this game and The Walking Dead season One were so great because they closed out their particular stories in different ways, but were still outstanding and I don't see how a sequel to this would be something new or fresh for that genre, without feeling like more of the same, which may work for games like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty, but the Last of Us is in a whole different category and I feel like there's more to lose at this point by moving forward.

Yes, ND could easily craft some long narrative that allows us to follow Joel and Ellie on their continued adventures after the first game, but I feel like the way the game ended, it felt very definitive.

Joel's choice seemed to seal the fate of humanity, and sure ND could say a cure was found in someone else, but I can't help but feel like it would take away from the first game, almost the same way that inFamous Second Son just didn't feel right with how they progressed the story of Delsin without really touching on Cole's future. It was a fun game, but in the overarching story, it didn't deliver on what fans of the past games wanted.

I'd rather they bring in new characters for a Last of Us sequel. A person in the Firefly group in another part of the country. A different type of story. Dont repeat a cure story. The entire world is decimated. Im fairly confident that there is plenty of room for a sequel to stand on its own.

21337825888_8e8e4e8b5f_b.jpg

21534359621_cbd9e6a66e_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/22/save-on-the-last-of-us-with-outbreak-day-2015/

http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=206

I'd rather they bring in new characters for a Last of Us sequel. A person in the Firefly group in another part of the country. A different type of story. Dont repeat a cure story. The entire world is decimated. Im fairly confident that there is plenty of room for a sequel to stand on its own.
I guess what bothers me is mostly the fact that it's considered The Last of Us 2. I wouldn't mind a new cast of characters in the world, but I want to see a goal other than just trying to survive.

yes.gif

WINTER HAS COOOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!

My favorite part is when they react to Ellie using the machete. :ww:

I've been playing a ton of the MP lately and it's super fun.

I finally played and completed this game and i really really enjoyed, Naughty dog's finest. :up:

the best game i have ever played

though i have absolutely no desire to ever play it again

Why not? I could replay the bad place out of this game.

I've replayed it about five times for trophies. But it's a pretty taxing experience. Just a heavy, dire story almost all the way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"