The Last of Us

whether or not you care about the consensus does not take away from the fact that it exists and is of critical acclaim. Also, if you say it's not overrated then you believe that it deserved all the hype and praise it got?

I didn't say it wasn't overrated. I said I wouldn't say it is overrated.

I don't care about the hype and the praises. If the game didn't have such a great hype and all, my opinion would still be the same.

wether or not the consensus exist, I still don't care about it. to me, it was a forgettable experience, and I sold the game as soon as I finished it.

How was the gameplay repetitive to you and what would you do to change it?

in most game, the gameplay is repetitive by definition. but in a game like this one, it seems all you do is wander, go into a building, be ambushed by humans or zombies, deal with them, repeat in another zone. the level design is really boring in that regard, and that what makes me feel it's repetitive, wheres in other games with a better level design, you don't feel that way, even though the gameplay stays the same.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/29/nolan-north-may-have-outed-the-last-of-us-2

NOLAN NORTH MAY HAVE OUTED THE LAST OF US 2

Voice actor Nolan North casually dropped word of a Last of Us sequel during a recent Q&A panel.

"For now, last one," North said on the video, when asked if he has any upcoming projects with Naughty Dog aside from Uncharted 4. "I know they're doing a Last of Us 2 but my character in Last of Us kind of had an untimely demise."

It is possible that North is mistaken. His answer was in the context of explaining why he doesn't have any other Naughty Dog projects lined up, so whatever scuttlebutt he's heard wouldn't have been inside information from a cast member. However, he's well known and connected enough to give his word some credibility.

As he alluded to, his character in The Last of Us, David, died. North could come back as a different character, though, since he's known for providing a wide range of different voices.

214c3877-ae93-4f5c-84d7-2a3086806736.jpg

1277ce9d-ad3f-4107-80fe-971a14c7e21a.jpg

I was reading Empire Online's list of 100 greatest videogames of all time and this game was number 1 (just beating LoZ: Ocarina of time). People just love this game.

Yeah, but you played on Survivor. These kids are playing what looks like Normal and some of them are still struggling.

I think it might just be generational difference. My generation grew up on Castlevania, Contra, and Disney Renaissance games.

Yeah, but you played on Survivor. These kids are playing what looks like Normal and some of them are still struggling.

I think it might just be generational difference. My generation grew up on Castlevania, Contra, and Disney Renaissance games.
true, but again, a lt of them are probably not gamers or don't play much in video games anyway.

Also, umm.. how you doing?

I've recently been hitting up the online mode. It's actually a lot of fun I enjoy it play with a buddy of mine. It's good stuff.

"the first last of us. did I just say the first last of us?"

;)

Read an interview this morning with Neil talking about the LoU2 “leak”. I can’t link to the article right now (work has a filter locking us out of gaming sites), but in essence Neil said something along the lines of “We’re surprised that Nolan North knows something about Last of Us before we even know about it.” He went on to say that before he moved over to work on Uncharted 4, they were toying with exploring several different games (including a sci-fi game). One of those they played with was Last of Us 2, where they were exploring a sequel with and without Joel and Ellie. But he said every potential game they were considering was put on hold for Uncharted 4, and nothing will be looked into further until well after Uncharted 4 is released.

Read an interview this morning with Neil talking about the LoU2 “leak”. I can’t link to the article right now (work has a filter locking us out of gaming sites), but in essence Neil said something along the lines of “We’re surprised that Nolan North knows something about Last of Us before we even know about it.” He went on to say that before he moved over to work on Uncharted 4, they were toying with exploring several different games (including a sci-fi game). One of those they played with was Last of Us 2, where they were exploring a sequel with and without Joel and Ellie. But he said every potential game they were considering was put on hold for Uncharted 4, and nothing will be looked into further until well after Uncharted 4 is released.
yep, I saw that too. at least they're not hiding from it anymore.

I really hope they go with a new IP. I want to see what they can do with sci-fi or fantasy.

I'd rather they do

Uncharted 4
New IP A
Last of Us 2
New IP B
IP A Sequel

Or something along those lines so that they continue to put out new content and doing sequels to beloved properties.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"